Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415

Thread: Swadley's

Default Re: Swadley's

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    You think Swadley's hasn't lost business due to these horrible headlines?

Maybe it's a case of "no such thing as bad publicity".
    I don't think they have. Those that like mediocre bbq are going to keep eating there. This isn't a huge deal to every day oklahomans. As long as they are offering average food at a good price they won't lose business imo

2. Default Re: Swadley's

I hope they find and drag each of the people involved with this grift to jail, and hit them with insane fines. I want justice for the Oklahoma People!
    I also hope they lost every category they paid to be a part of in 405's best of.

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicSooner View Post
    I don't think they have. Those that like mediocre bbq are going to keep eating there. This isn't a huge deal to every day oklahomans. As long as they are offering average food at a good price they won't lose business imo
    I would stop by Swadley's for lunch once a month or so and haven't been back after I heard about all the shenanigans. I know the $15 a month I used to give them isn't make or break but I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    I don't think that this will cause the fall of the restaurants but I can't imagine that this hasn't hurt them in the pocket and will continue to for a while to come.

I know a bunch of their locations are franchised.

Not sure I'd want to be one of those restaurant owners.

5. Default Re: Swadley's

I know a bunch of their locations are franchised.

Not sure I'd want to be one of those restaurant owners.
    Interesting... Breuklander argued with me on more than one occasion that they were family owned when I called them a chain.

I've not noticed any less traffic at the Ardmore location. Still seeing a lot of cars in the parking lot when I'm in Ardmore. So not sure how much business they may have lost.... I wonder how educated most of their diners even are about this topic.

The other thing that frustrates me about this entire situation is that I've always wondered why we couldn't have a nice restaurant at the state lake lodges. And while I'm not a fan of their BBQ. I thought the food, and service, at Foggy Bottom was pretty solid, at least at the Lake Murray location, and they were busy every time I was there. Makes me think they could have made a go of it.

^
    I was attempting to verify their franchises but it’s possible that was a brain cramp on my part.

7. Default Re: Swadley's

You think Swadley's hasn't lost business due to these horrible headlines?

Maybe it's a case of "no such thing as bad publicity".
    TBF, they lost my business because of their mediocre BBQ, but this would have sent me over the edge otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    The other thing that frustrates me about this entire situation is that I've always wondered why we couldn't have a nice restaurant at the state lake lodges. And while I'm not a fan of their BBQ. I thought the food, and service, at Foggy Bottom was pretty solid, at least at the Lake Murray location, and they were busy every time I was there. Makes me think they could have made a go of it.
    I agree, this is a huge frustration to me too. From what I read, they were doing good business at the Foggy Bottom locations they had opened - people were enjoying the food and it was bringing more visitors into state parks. I'm not usually a big fan of public/private partnerships and outsourcing, but this could have been a solid win for all... It's a damn shame that it was all squandered due to what sure looks like malfeasance and greed.

9. Default Re: Swadley's

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    ... It's a damn shame that it was all squandered due to what sure looks like malfeasance and greed.
    Thank you... I was trying to say this without outright saying they're guilty..... It sure looks like they are but it's up to the court to decide that. Not public opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    You have the Attorney General who was negligent at best here. His job was to review all state contracts. If the AG had done his job, we wouldn't be talking about this right now as it appears to me that Swadley's just took the state to the cleaners because the state didn't even try to take a reasonable shot at caring what they paid out on this deal. And I still think Swadley's and their principles are going to have some criminal liability here because a lot of what was done looks pretty bad.
    You are referring to the former, not current, AG. It's important to point that out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Even Edge Craft? Haven't been there yet, might be a while, don't relish standing in a parking lot in this heat, so I don't have a personal opinion...
    I have never had to wait more than 20 minutes at Edge Craft, and it's worth at least a 30-minute wait, but whine on.

Quote Originally Posted by CatholicSooner View Post
    I highly doubt both predictions
    I'm trying to think of a post on this board in which I've agreed with you. Struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Agree with this. As someone who loves our state parks and lodges, I was pretty pumped about Foggy Bottom. Seemed like a great concept, and was a great concept. Even good to very good food at a state park is part of the charm, and I'm sure the food was good, which was a big step up from previous state park joints. It's a shame it ended up turning into such a disturbing scandal. Greed and fraud are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I have never had to wait more than 20 minutes at Edge Craft, and it's worth at least a 30-minute wait, but whine on.

It was pointed out long ago that waiting is generally inside, which I acknowledged and will go there when we get around to it, but misrepresent on...

This July, Edge Craft will celebrate its 3rd anniversary and their business is strong but not crazy.

The funny thing is that, in spite of all this, Swadley's is still claiming that the state owes them somewhere north of $1 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    The funny thing is that, in spite of all this, Swadley's is still claiming that the state owes them somewhere north of $1 million.
    Even more if they actually won that lawsuit.

Thread Information