Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Swadley's

Default Re: Swadley's

I agree haha

John and Cooks is still open as is their hot sauce. Twenty years ago I bought $300 of their brisket to serve after my wedding. The marriage ended up bad but John and Cooks brisket is still good.

Do you think that Swadley's can survive the scandal? I'm not sure they can.

4. Default Re: Swadley's

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Martin View Post
    The fact that their product is mediocre doesn't help.

5. Default Re: Swadley's

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    At least in my wife's and my open this is completely accurate.

6. Default Re: Swadley's

I haven't really driven by any of the OKC locations but the one in Ardmore still seems to have about the same amount of cars in the parking lot when I drive by it.

But unfortunately all of the good, locally owned, BBQ places in Ardmore have closed...... There were no chains there 15 years ago and now it's Swadley's and Rib Crib.... Billy Sim's failed there.

I still eat there at least once a week. I like their food.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnesa View Post
    I still eat there at least once a week. I like their food.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnesa View Post
    i still eat there at least once a week. I like their food.
    lol

I think it is more likely that if they don't survive, it's because of fines and having to repay money to taxpayers.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    I think it is more likely that if they don't survive, it's because of fines and having to repay money to taxpayers.
    would think that the state projects were all done under separate LLC's that would have 0 impact on the restaurant business

People who commit fraud against the state government and people who carefully plan out their legal liability don't seem like two sets of people that share much overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    would think that the state projects were all done under separate LLC's that would have 0 impact on the restaurant business
    We will see, won't we?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    People who commit fraud against the state government and people who carefully plan out their legal liability don't seem like two sets of people that share much overlap.
    lol that is a fair point ..

Swadley's has filed suit against their former EVP who they claim 1) extorted them; 2) had an affair with an employee; 3) stole company information; and 4) made false claims to the state as retaliation after quitting in a huff.

You can read the entire petition here:

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/swadleys062222a.pdf

We ate at Swadley's one time about a year ago and don't plan on returning. Food was subpar, expensive and the service was practically non-existent. Sleazy and overrated IMO

Saw this coming a mile away. IMO the messaging from the state unprofessional. At this point I'm going with the assumption both sides have probably overexaggerated their claims, and like most of the time, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Overall just a lose-lose situation and in the meantime what happens to the restaurants? Is the state taking over? Hiring someone else to run them? or are they just letting them rot while they figure out who is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Saw this coming a mile away. IMO the messaging from the state unprofessional. At this point I'm going with the assumption both sides have probably overexaggerated their claims, and like most of the time, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Overall just a lose-lose situation and in the meantime what happens to the restaurants? Is the state taking over? Hiring someone else to run them? or are they just letting them rot while they figure out who is wrong?
    I believe it's the last 2 options - the restaurants are closed while the state finds somebody else to run them. No idea what will happen to all the fixtures, etc., though (if the new operator (if they find one) will just step into a newly fully furnished restaurant or have to pay for the equipment, ...).

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    I believe it's the last 2 options - the restaurants are closed while the state finds somebody else to run them. No idea what will happen to all the fixtures, etc., though (if the new operator (if they find one) will just step into a newly fully furnished restaurant or have to pay for the equipment, ...).
    I was figuring it was definitely the last one, but hoping for the others, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Swadley's has filed suit against their former EVP who they claim 1) extorted them; 2) had an affair with an employee; 3) stole company information; and 4) made false claims to the state as retaliation after quitting in a huff.

You can read the entire petition here:

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/swadleys062222a.pdf
    OMG what a soap opera this is turning into. Pass the popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    OMG what a soap opera this is turning into. Pass the popcorn.
    Good grief, what a **** show.

22. Default Re: Swadley's

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That may all be true, but it still looks like they defrauded the state out of a lot of money. This sounds like revenge on the whistleblower.

Quote Originally Posted by catcherinthewry View Post
    The hero we were waiting for

24. Default Re: Swadley's

While reading more about the Swadley's countersuit it seems their defense is "Yes, we broke all sorts of bidding laws and committed fraud, but we had the help of corrupt state officials." Not exactly exculpating IMO. Their countersuit also implicates Stitt. I thought he was going to be able to stay out of this mess, but it looks like he was involved from the beginning.

Which OKC metro location would someone recommend to try for a 1st timer of swadleys?

Thread Information