Quote Originally Posted by Redskin 70 View Post
Yes and those same Tinker officials have publicly committed $100million towards the necessary up grades to the plant in Federal monies...

How could this possibly have been budgeted in the current fiscal year when it wasn't even a proposal more than a couple of months ago?

Also, which upgrades, and when is work scheduled to begin? Which projects are these upgrades going to support at the GM facility? You don't have the answer to that, because you don't know what work - if any - is going there. Therefore you cannot know what kinds of upgrades are going in, and the "$100 million commitment" is a vapor commitment.

Further there are numerous old buildings currently on Tinker that will be shut down and torn down and the work moved to the facility.
Oh, I thought the GM plant was being purchased to bring Tinker thousands of new jobs, not just to shift the location of existing jobs.....

Further the Air Force is working towards private sector tenents for the unused portion of the building.
This is supposed to make the county's purchase of the GM plant and subsequent gift rental to Tinker sound better??? Listen to yourself - if the objective was to give it to private sector tenants, then county voters just got duped into the sacrifice of perhaps hundreds of thousands of dollars in facility rental revenue on top of the loss of property tax revenue formerly headed to the Mid Del school district? Now you've REALLY sold me on just how keen a project this was.
[quote]Further General Reno has also went through BRAC closures[/quote.]

He has never gone through a BRAC round as a Tinker commander.

Further I would rather believe a current active two star general rather than a retired general that has been removed from several different positions because of his mouth.
Here we go again, crapping on Burpee. What in the world is your issue with him? His kid beat up yours and steal his lunch money or something? Burpee found hiimself at odds with the Chamber of Commerce because he refused to toe their line on several idiotic positions, and he was right in doing so. He spoke his mind about this most recent boondoggle, and again he was right in doing so.

Further when the move occurs and the jobs are relocated I will be sure to re-resurect this thread to show you .....you were wrong............maybe.
Time and only time will tell..........
If your buddies come through with the "thousands" of new jobs they promised in their advertising, you'll have every right to do so. But I'm not worried, because it isn't going to happen. And when that fails, your buddy Ray Vaughn and his minions won't have one shred of accountability for the Brooklyn Bridge they've sold the taxpayers.

Hey, I hope lots of jobs DO come here. But you've just said yourself they're going to transfer existing jobs in and fill the rest of the space with private sector tenants - doesn't sound like even a fraction of the "thousands of new jobs" your buddies promised. I'd love to think your idealized faith in our local county leaders were merited.

As someone else has pointed out, this debate is pointless, the vote has been taken, and everyone in Oklahoma county gets to foot the bill for this nonsense. Won't matter one penny to me, because I don't live in Oklahoma county, but scams like this still frustrate and annoy me to no end, for they prove that good ol' boy politics is alive and well.