Widgets Magazine
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Tinker AFB

1. Default Re: Tinker AFB

I believe the land east of Douglas is actually Boeing's, as its the MROTC.

2. Default Re: Tinker AFB

Tinker is reporting on FB and Twitter that they are on lockdown. I haven't seen why, though I would assume active shooter.

Default Re: Tinker AFB

Tinker AFB
    @Team_Tinker
    REAL WORLD: All clear, the lockdown on Tinker Air Force Base has been lifted. #Tinkerupdates
    3:05 PM · Feb 27, 2020

https://mobile.twitter.com/Team_Tink...35983916462081

Quote Originally Posted by AP View Post
    Tinker is reporting on FB and Twitter that they are on lockdown. I haven't seen why, though I would assume active shooter.
    All clear now (4:00 pm), but no story on what was going on as of yet.

From Ch 4
    https://kfor.com/news/local/tinker-a...ckdown-lifted/

"Officials say Tinker leadership initiated the lockdown following a report of a brandished firearm on the installation.
    Security Forces determined that the individual was an undercover law enforcement officer authorized to carry a weapon on base. "

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    All clear now (4:00 pm), but no story on what was going on as of yet.
    the lockdown lasted about 10 min

https://oklahoman.com/article/566836...inker-okc-ties

Probably not the biggest thing in the world, but continued investment in infrastructure like this can only help Tinker.

Announcement this morning that the boundaries of Tinker will be expanded east of Douglas, including 220 acres owned by the OK Industries Authority.

Blog Entries

WOW, closing 2 miles of Douglas. Don't personally feel that's a good idea but what's done is done I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post
    WOW, closing 2 miles of Douglas. Don't personally feel that's a good idea but what's done is done I guess.
    I thought the same thing but it dead ends at Stanley Draper.

https://amp.oklahoman.com/amp/804657...mpression=true

This is the property owned by OIA / city.

The plan is to close Douglas from 74th to 44th; portion of 59th and 49th; should be complete by the end of 2022.

Blog Entries

Yes but as a cyclist I've ridden to draper via eastern/59th and have come back up via Douglas, having to go even more around the base... bleh...

Also wondering why this is even necessary, guess I'll read the release

Isn’t there a project to connect the Draper Trail to downtown?

Blog Entries

There have been indications something might happen but no idea of the status.

Where this does make sense is they're probably connecting the 38th wing area that has been a separate part of the base for a long time to be included in the base proper.

And a complete interchange rebuild was just announced by ODOT for Douglas and I-40. Douglas will probably just be its own gate, stifling traffic connections to MWC from I-240 that would normally take Douglas.

Blog Entries

Yes I was wondering how this would change gate alignments...... after all that money was spent to upgrade them not so many years ago....

Yes I was wondering how this would change gate alignments...... after all that money was spent to upgrade them not so many years ago....
    They're all being changed right now, but the new gates as part of this won't be active for years to come...

Blog Entries

This announcement and the recent Industrial Reserve (map below) gives this area a lot of room for growth; especially if you land a big plum with the potential to expand and bring satellite support companies along with its development.

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    This announcement and the recent Industrial Reserve (map below) gives this area a lot of room for growth; especially if you land a big plum with the potential to expand and bring satellite support companies along with its development.

I still don't know how this land is viable. There are tons of oil wells with horse heads on them. Will they have to work around them? Not sure how that would work. Or pay the company to plug them (and for future revenues lost)?

Blog Entries

Pete, when I look at the Assessor site, I only see the areas (approximately) outlined in yellow as OIA land (wasn't sure if the guard center was being included, so that is a dotted line). How are they getting down to 74th? Did I miss something or is the Assessor site not updated?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tinker AFB.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	16981

Red is current boundaries. Blue is the area Laramie mentioned but not sure how that relates to Tinker specifically.

Pete, when I look at the Assessor site, I only see the areas (approximately) outlined in yellow as OIA land (wasn't sure if the guard center was being included, so that is a dotted line). How are they getting down to 74th? Did I miss something or is the Assessor site not updated?

Red is current boundaries. Blue is the area Laramie mentioned but not sure how that relates to Tinker specifically.
    the OKC municipal improvement authority / the city of OKC own the property below what you outlined

The city owns pretty much everything east of Douglas and south of 59th all the way to I-240.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    I still don't know how this land is viable. There are tons of oil wells with horse heads on them. Will they have to work around them? Not sure how that would work. Or pay the company to plug them (and for future revenues lost)?
    Not that familiar with these lands other than they are classified as reserves. It does give Tinker AFB growth options. As for the land needing to be cleared and old oil sites, honestly IDK. Horses we know could be relocated.

Senator Inhofe is pushing legislation that gives Tinker AFB and other Oklahoma military institutions a life line.

Blog Entries

Views:	60 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	16982

Updated map with those properties highlighted. Technically "United States of America" owns to the NW corner of 74/Douglas, so I could see them moving the fence to 74th and putting a south gate on Douglas at 74th.

Thread Information