Widgets Magazine
Page 97 of 103 FirstFirst ... 479293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 2561

Thread: Omni Hotel

Default Re: Omni Hotel

I swear we can never just be happy, we get an amazing hotel with prime location and gripe that it isnt taller, doesn't match up to Dallas or other major metro areas, doesn't have enough LED. Come on guys, this is an amazing get for the city and for the location it is set in. Could it be better? Sure, but this is pretty damn sweet and will look so good when completed.

Quote Originally Posted by mballard85 View Post
    i swear we can never just be happy, we get an amazing hotel with prime location and gripe that it isnt taller, doesn't match up to dallas or other major metro areas, doesn't have enough led. Come on guys, this is an amazing get for the city and for the location it is set in. Could it be better? Sure, but this is pretty damn sweet and will look so good when completed.
    yes!!

Does anyone know when it is suppose to be completed? It looks like it is going to be a gorgeous hotel, I think I will reserve there for 1 day on my day off if they have jacuzzi tubs

Quote Originally Posted by Mballard85 View Post
    I swear we can never just be happy, we get an amazing hotel with prime location and gripe that it isnt taller, doesn't match up to Dallas or other major metro areas, doesn't have enough LED. Come on guys, this is an amazing get for the city and for the location it is set in. Could it be better? Sure, but this is pretty damn sweet and will look so good when completed.
    I agree, if they do not like it then they can go somewhere else

5. Default Re: Omni Hotel

constructive criticism is warranted, particularly when they didn't listen to consultants they hired yet paid taxpayer dollars.

I'm not saying it's not a nice get for OKC, but look at what we gave for it and you have to wonder why we were shortchanged (you know, from what the consultants we also hired recommended).

And THIS is the beauty of america and our democracy, constructive criticism of taxpayer dollar spend is not only warranted but encouraged except by those who wish to install a new form of government. As an american and OKC expat, I will continue to not only support OKC and promote it to everyone I know but also be critical when I see insider good ole boy network activity or where the city constantly settles for 2nd best.

We have new convention center going up here (using debt btw) and we have built the hotels to fill it. This despite heavy competition up north from Vancouver and of course, the usual Convention heavy weights. We didn't settle for 2nd best and will have one of the finest around.

I'm not saying OKC should have what we have but in all honesty - OKC has a very beautiful 200k square foot exhibit hall with banquet rooms and a 600 room hotel that isn't even connected for nearly half billion dollars. THIS after consultants recommended 300k square feet and a 750 room anchor hotel for OKC to compete in the 2nd tier.

That's all I'm saying, we're settling for 2nd best when we're spending taxpayer dollars and gifting TIFs - for 2nd best not even what's recommended by consultants we also paid. .....
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201101_180243.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	2.68 MB 
ID:	16553

Here's some criticism, one of the LED lights already seems to be broken. This is last night.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    .... I'm not saying OKC should have what we have but in all honesty - OKC has a very beautiful 200k square foot exhibit hall with banquet rooms and a 600 room hotel that isn't even connected for nearly half billion dollars. .....
    Emphasis added for my biggest gripe.

Blog Entries

it would have been connected by skywalk but we all griped about the budget increase for that skywalk so they nixed it.

From what I can recall from earlier in the thread it ended up being Omni that nixed the skywalk. I think it was a mistake, but it might not have been the city's fault.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post

Here's some criticism, one of the LED lights already seems to be broken. This is last night.
    I doubt they are even complete with their systems testing and handover checklist. There hasn't been a CO issued. At least wait til the handover to start complaining.

They are nowhere close to finished on this project.

Won't be until next February.

Quote Originally Posted by shawnw View Post

They're just getting their inspiration from Devon

Blog Entries

Thanks for getting the joke

I just think it is funny that people start complaining when the project is not even finished, wait until the project is done then start complaining

LED lights now working on top of the building:

There is a fire at the Omni Hotel right now.
    Appears to be located in a mechanical area across from the Convention Center. Looks relatively small with only one truck on scene.

Name:	PXL_20201108_150817659.MP.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	3.82 MB 
ID:	16564

I have to be honest, I am not impressed with the lights, all big red and small blue, white, and green?

All the images so far are from them testing. It isn't like this is a final lighting schedule or something.

Last night they were all white and there was some type of twinkle or chasing animation happening that was rough on the eyes. I think it will look good once finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    All the images so far are from them testing. It isn't like this is a final lighting schedule or something.

Last night they were all white and there was some type of twinkle or chasing animation happening that was rough on the eyes. I think it will look good once finished.
    That makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    I have to be honest, I am not impressed with the lights, all big red and small blue, white, and green?
    Pff , almost 48h without somebody criticizing this major project.
    I’m reassured !

Blog Entries

Remember when Devon was just testing their LEDs and they'd be amazing here in a bit?

:-P

Devon's default is now the white twinkling setting to mask the broken strips. Sometimes it is blue twinkle, too!

Does anyone know when it will be open?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersFan12 View Post
    Does anyone know when it will be open?
    End of January 2021.

https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/oklahoma-city

Weekend rooms for the opening weekend seem to range from about $180-207/night, not including fees or taxes. I believe this puts it inline or slightly above the Ambassador Hotel's rates.

Thread Information