Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2561

Thread: Omni Hotel

Default Re: Omni Hotel

Blessed be thy drone footage.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFire View Post
    This whole area is really looking nice!

Amazing!

The lot between the parks is just screaming for some development.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Amazing!

The lot between the parks is just screaming for some development.
    Yes! Right before all this business my family and I spent an afternoon in Scissortail and partway through migrated to Myriad. The lot was a sad bridge between the two.

4. Default Re: Omni Hotel

I have always hoped for a ped only shopping/dining "street" --a place where crowds can gather before and after Thunder games or concerts. Kind of like a mini version of Disney Springs or Universal City Walk with retail and dining along the ped-only street and residential and/or office on the second and third floors above street level. Essentially an active passage between the two green spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    I have always hoped for a ped only shopping/dining "street" --a place where crowds can gather before and after Thunder games or concerts. Kind of like a mini version of Disney Springs or Universal City Walk with retail and dining along the ped-only street and residential and/or office on the second and third floors above street level. Essentially an active passage between the two green spaces.
    Seen in New Orleans, Miami Beach, Denver, Boulder, Seattle, San Antino, Boston, New York, Philly among others and if we can't support the Bricktown canal and all the other downtown merchants, we really don't deserve a dedicated pedestrian mall, just saying

Something like East 4th in Cleveland would be amazing here. A small street lined with restaurants ad bars. All include patios and many have live music. https://www.east4thstreet.com/

Your'e just describing decent urban design. It is sad that this is discussed as a wish-list dream when it should just be the standard for every urban street.

8. Default Re: Omni Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by JDSooners View Post
    Seen in New Orleans, Miami Beach, Denver, Boulder, Seattle, San Antino, Boston, New York, Philly among others and if we can't support the Bricktown canal and all the other downtown merchants, we really don't deserve a dedicated pedestrian mall, just saying
    But the set up along the canal in Bricktown does not allow for larger groups to walk--those walkways are too narrow and don't give good access to retail on the same level. I see a walkway between the parks as being a lot more popular because it would all be on one level and the walking space would be much much wider.

9. Default Re: Omni Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
    Your'e just describing decent urban design. It is sad that this is discussed as a wish-list dream when it should just be the standard for every urban street.
    Well, it's not standard here at this point, so no use whining about what we DON'T have, we just need to be vocal about what we'd like to see! It should be standard for most urban streets (even though I have been to many cities where it also is not). I just think people on here think OKC sometimes does everything badly which is just not the case. Are there opportunities, sure, but the constant drum beat that everything sucks the way we do it, etc., etc., etc., is just tired. We have a lot to be grateful for. When I travel to other cities our size, we are doing a lot right. Remember, we are one of the youngest big cities in the U.S. Only Miami (1896) and Las Vegas (1911) are younger among big cities in the U.S., so therefore we have less old building stock and pre-war urban design to work with and revitalize--this puts us at a relative disadvantage in some ways with trends in urban design planning we are seeing these days. I often remember this when envying other urban landscapes across the country and it helps me understand why we have what we have to work with. We only can move forward and so if we need to CREATE decent urban design from scratch, hopefully we can make this known and the city and private developers will support it. I am with you with thinking this should be the standard!

Well, it's not standard here at this point, so no use whining about what we DON'T have, we just need to be vocal about what we'd like to see! It should be standard for most urban streets (even though I have been to many cities where it also is not). I just think people on here think OKC sometimes does everything badly which is just not the case. Are there opportunities, sure, but the constant drum beat that everything sucks the way we do it, etc., etc., etc., is just tired. We have a lot to be grateful for. When I travel to other cities our size, we are doing a lot right. Remember, we are one of the youngest big cities in the U.S. Only Miami (1896) and Las Vegas (1911) are younger among big cities in the U.S., so therefore we have less old building stock and urban design to work with and revitalize--this puts us at a relative disadvantage in some ways with trends in urban design planning we are seeing these days. I often remember this when envying other urban landscapes across the country and it helps me understand what we have to work with. We only can move forward and so if we need to CREATE decent urban design from scratch, hopefully we can make this known and the city and private developers will support it. I am with you with thinking this should be the standard!
    Excellent post.

11. Default Re: Omni Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by sroberts24 View Post
    Something like East 4th in Cleveland would be amazing here. A small street lined with restaurants ad bars. All include patios and many have live music. https://www.east4thstreet.com/
    Yes, that's great. You could probably make something like that in Bricktown elsewhere than the canal, probably. Otherwise, you would have to make a faux version of it on that old Ford dealership property, which could be done, it just wouldn't be as unique and a bit Disney-ish because it isn't original building stock. But I'd take it! It would be a great place to gather before and after Thunder games or other 'Peake events

Blog Entries

good for them that is what PPP was for

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    good for them that is what PPP was for
    Exactly. They make it sound like the billionaire made this money. The properties were likely shut down or losing money

This 84 million went to his employees mainly. They are really spinning these stories. Yes some places probably shouldn’t have taken it. But this is prime example of an industry hit hard that was able to pay their employees because of ppp

Blog Entries

Wasn't passing judgement, just posting something relevant in the thread. Actually I have several others I've been meaning to post, just as an FYI.

I've been wondering if they are still doing the LED lights on the glass portion of the west elevation. I believe I found the answer in a strange way. I clicked the "snap map" (on Snapchat) in the Omni's location and one of the workers operating the window washing units posted a video. On the floor of the contraption there was a box with long strips of LED lights and wiring poking out from the building. I have noticed they've been going to every other floor and they began on the southern section of the glass first and have now moved to the northern section. Given this information and the two sets of renderings, I think that what we end up getting as far as lights is the LED's on the north and south portions (picture 2)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Omni 1.jpg 
Views:	533 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	16261

Name:	Omni 2.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	16262

Name:	Omni 3.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	121.5 KB 
ID:	16263

Name:	Omni 4.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	16264

Apologies for the low quality.

^

Very nice.

I've seen them up there working.

Let's keep a close eye on when they turn on their led lighting!

21. Default Re: Omni Hotel

I wonder if this pool will be open to non-guests like some in larger cities are. If so, I can see it being quite the hangout.

Name:	7698C34E-6DF2-48B9-9EF1-218665B39C95.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	16531

They were testing the LED lights tonight.

Combined with the LED's and coming light installations at the convention center, this area will be a real knockout at night.

Name:	7D2F9C23-8081-4FB5-82B7-3B762CCF294A.jpeg 
Views:	232 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	16532

Thread Information