Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Age and Location

Default Re: Age and Location

Easternobserver,
    I spent almost four years in Northern Maryland and I was a pretty good driver in the snow, but it is a skill that needs practice and since I have been here since 1968, so those skills have diminished considerably.We just don't have enough snow (thankfully) to keep in practice. So, be kind (not that you aren't) to the natives, they try!
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by easternobserver View Post
    34, here ten years, via Syracuse, DC, northern NH and originally eastern MA. And I know how to drive in the snow.

Age 43. I was born and raised in Florida. I lived in Austin Texas for about three years from 1998 until 2001, then back to Florida. We moved to OKC in 2008 and plan to stay here forever. I will admit that I loved Austin too but my family is happy here. We live in the Northwest side near Bethany and Warr Acres.

Quote Originally Posted by babycakes1970 View Post
    Age 43. I was born and raised in Florida. I lived in Austin Texas for about three years from 1998 until 2001, then back to Florida. We moved to OKC in 2008 and plan to stay here forever. I will admit that I loved Austin too but my family is happy here. We live in the Northwest side near Bethany and Warr Acres.
    Austin has made strides since that three year stint. Welcome to the board!

I'm 35, born at St. Anthony's, Moore is and always has been home save for freshman year of college in Weatherford and a few years living in NW OKC.

58 years old, born in Corpus Christi, TX as a geologist's child. Lived in McAllen, Jackson, MS, Amarillo, moved to OKC in 1970 and graduated from Northeast High School. Went in AF to San Antonio, Wichita Falls, Fort Walton Beach/Niceville, Incirlik, Turkey, Biloxi, MS and back here in 1981. Have lived in OKC but now in MWC for 30 years.

House paid for last month so I'm done moving until it's time to head to the roaster so I can, once again, be a nice piece of ash.

^ Too cool for school, Lauri101. =) (still chuckling)

Born in Weatherford, Oklahoma and raised in Ada, OK. Attended college at ECU in Ada and moved to Edmond in 2009, then Mesta Park in 2010 and now I live in Jefferson Park. I'm 24 years old.,

The title of this thread sounds a little pedo but okay, I'll bite. I'm 12 and I stay at a truck stop.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    The title of this thread sounds a little pedo but okay, I'll bite. I'm 12 and I stay at a truck stop.
    I sense sarcasm. Try reading the first post. It's on page 1, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    I sense sarcasm. Try reading the first post. It's on page 1, lol.
    Is that another way of saying "touché"?
    If not, it should be. =)

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Is that another way of saying "touché"?
    If not, it should be. =)
    I'm not touche'ing that with a 5 foot rod...

Sorry, bad joke on a bad joke.

I'm 54, born in Dallas, TX. Family moved back to Zoe, OK when I was 2. I was raised in Howe, OK. Move to Dallas for a year after high school then back to Howe. Moved to California in 1988, UTU negotiated me out of a job. Moved to Hayden, ID in 1991 and back to California in 2000. Moved to OKC in 2003 and would like to retire here.

I'm 68, born in Miami, OK, graduated from NEO A&M and OSU, retired from Tinker AFB after 32+ years. In 2005 we left OKC for the Pacific Northwest and found, as the old saying goes, "it's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there." After five years of trying, we finally sold our house in Washington and moved back to OKC in November...now house-hunting. I've used this forum quite a bit since we moved back.

My Step-Dad was from Broken Bow. That's all I'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Heaton View Post
    My Step-Dad was from Broken Bow. That's all I'm saying.
    I know THAT's a lie: Nobody would ever leave Broken Bow for no good reason. =)
    (oh . . . wait . . . how else would the pending exposé of The Bangladeshi "mafia" (as if . . .) ever have come into being?)

I sit corrected and support your cause. For what it's worth. It is, after all, an issue involving The Fundamentals of American Representative Republican Democracy . . . Well, Ain't it? =)

Age 69, lived in Oklahoma City from 1948 to 1966 at which time I entered the U.S. Army. Upon discharge relocated to Dallas, Texas, joined the police department, retired after 32 years service and still live there. Attended Putnam Heights Elementary, Harding Junior High and Central High School, graduating in 1963.

R.M. ... I have not been to Broken Bow (yet). I arrived in Oklahoma City in Sept. of 1999 after living in South Carolina for 19 years. Before that, I lived in Arizona for almost 4 years, and before that, I lived in California (San Francisco and San Diego) for the first 25 years of my life. And I have no hesitation in saying I am looking forward to my first Social Security Retirement Check later this year...it's gonna buy some new fishin' gear!

As for the East Pakistan Mafia...that will soon (some time between Jan 20 and Mar 20) be in the hands of several Federal, State, County and City Agencies/Departments/Offices. In the meantime...I still stand on my corner when the weather and time permit.

House paid for last month so I'm done moving until it's time to head to the roaster so I can, once again, be a nice piece of ash.
    HAH!!! Congrats on paying off the house.

55, born in Houston and lived in SE Texas (and one year in Alabama) until moving to NE OKC when I was 11. Other than one year in San Antonio when I was 18, lived the next thirty years in Bethany and OKC. Moved to the DC area (Northern Virginia) in 2000 and moved back to SW OKC ten years later.

19. Default Re: Age and Location

54, born in St. Anthony. Lived as far away as Edmond once. Other than that NW Oklahoma City has always been home.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Heaton View Post
    R.M. ... I have not been to Broken Bow (yet). I arrived in Oklahoma City in Sept. of 1999 after living in South Carolina for 19 years. Before that, I lived in Arizona for almost 4 years, and before that, I lived in California (San Francisco and San Diego) for the first 25 years of my life. And I have no hesitation in saying I am looking forward to my first Social Security Retirement Check later this year...it's gonna buy some new fishin' gear!

As for the East Pakistan Mafia...that will soon (some time between Jan 20 and Mar 20) be in the hands of several Federal, State, County and City Agencies/Departments/Offices. In the meantime...I still stand on my corner when the weather and time permit.
    I got the tip on Broken Bow/Idabell/etc. right here on this website. Previously, I thought the Grand Lake Area was about as good as it got, Oklahoma-wise. I was wrong. Do not miss a trip down to that part of the state.

Age 58. Born in Chicago. Moved to Oklahoma in 1960 at age 5. Currently living in Warr Acres. Other than 3 years living in Stillwater after highschool attending OSU I have lived within 2 miles of where we settled in 1960.

28 years old, been in OKC since 2009. Moved here from southwestern Idaho. I was here on contract work initially, but decided to make OKC my permanent home.

53. Moved here from Knob Noster, in 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by Head View Post
    53. Moved here from Knob Noster, in 1979.
    What a delightful name.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyQuilts View Post
    What a delightful name.
    lol

Thread Information