Quote Originally Posted by therhett17 View Post
    Founder of Love’s Travel Stops passes away at 85

https://kfor.com/news/local/founder-...es-away-at-85/
    Very sad but 85 years old is a very good run! Rest in peace Mr. Love

Default Re: Love's

Love's investing 1 billion in upgrades
    https://www.fox23.com/news/loves-tra...09a3a5a07.html

A fortune 200 company if it were public. Love's is a machine, and in a fairly stable (at least for the next 2 or 3 decades) environment. They are clean, and usually top-notch stores.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    A fortune 200 company if it were public. Love's is a machine, and in a fairly stable (at least for the next 2 or 3 decades) environment. They are clean, and usually top-notch stores.
    I think Forbes includes privately held companies in both the Fortune 100 and 500 lists. Do they really generate that much revenue? I know they are a very strong local company, but it feels like you are being a bit hyperbolic. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't feel like they are one of the 200 largest companies in the world. I am glad we have them as a local corporate partner, they do a ton for the community. Like you have said their facilities are typically clean and well maintained.

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    I think Forbes includes privately held companies in both the Fortune 100 and 500 lists. Do they really generate that much revenue? I know they are a very strong local company, but it feels like you are being a bit hyperbolic. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't feel like they are one of the 200 largest companies in the world. I am glad we have them as a local corporate partner, they do a ton for the community. Like you have said their facilities are typically clean and well maintained.
    it tries too but if it has public data on them but excludes a bunch like Love's (i think Loves would be just outside the top 100) and Koch (which would be top 30 ) and Cargil (would be top 15)

https://www.forbes.com/lists/largest...h=11cbca1ebac4

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    Fortune 500 is SOLELY public companies. And yes, they really do make that much. Fortune 500 is only American publicly-traded companies by gross revenue. Loves would be high on that list.

Press release:

Love's Travel Stops completes acquisition of EZ GO
    Adds turnpike travel stop locations to network and increases C-store footprint

OKLAHOMA CITY, April 12, 2023 – Love’s Travel Stops recently completed the acquisition of EZ GO from Oklahoma-based Carey Johnson Oil Company. The acquisition includes six travel stops located on Oklahoma turnpikes, five on the Kansas turnpike and 11 convenience stores in Oklahoma and Nebraska. This is the first time Love’s footprint will include locations on a turnpike, and is part of the company’s commitment to add stores in areas of high demand. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

"We are excited to add locations in Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska and welcome nearly 400 new team members to the Love’s Family of Companies,” said Shane Wharton, president of Love’s. “The opportunity to expand into serving commercial and casual customers on the two state turnpikes supports our strategic priority of pursuing adjacent acquisition opportunities. In addition to being family-owned, we share a similar culture with the seller in that we operate on a customer-centric model focused on an extensive assortment of products, superior customer experience and inviting environment."

EZ GO turnpike locations are expected to be branded Love’s in the next 12 months. For professional drivers, the EZ GO turnpike locations include amenities such as parking, diesel and DEF. The retail operations are composed of groceries, beverages, snacks, tobacco, gifts, fresh food, dispensed beverages and other consumer goods. EZ GO is co-located with numerous franchise food concepts and owns and operates the restaurant concept Back Forty Barbecue at two locations.

About Love’s Travel Stops

Love’s Travel Stops is the nation’s leading travel stop network with more than 610 Love’s locations in 42 states and 22 EZ GO locations. Founded in 1964 and headquartered in Oklahoma City, the company remains family-owned and operated and employs more than 39,000 people. Love’s provides professional truck drivers and motorists with 24-hour access to clean and safe places to purchase gasoline, diesel fuel, fresh coffee, restaurant offerings and more. Love’s has over 430 truck service centers, which include Speedco and Love’s Truck Care locations. Love’s and Speedco combined is the largest oil change, preventive maintenance and total truck care nationwide network with over 1,500 maintenance bays and 1,200 emergency roadside vehicles available for customers. Love’s is committed to providing customers with “Clean Places, Friendly Faces” at every stop. To learn more, visit loves.com or follow the company on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter.

About Carey Johnson Oil Company

Almost 60 years ago, Carey and Mary Lou Johnson founded their petroleum distribution business in Lawton, Oklahoma. They developed the EZ GO convenience store concept in 1981. With the help of a fantastic team of friendly people, the family-managed business has delighted customers and earned their loyalty for generations. Downstream Energy Group (DEG) provided exclusive merger and acquisition advisory services to Carey Johnson Oil Company, Inc. during the Love’s transaction.

I like Loves and they have a nice product but worried about their diesel prices as it sounds like these are going to be full truckstops which they seem to operate with different margins on the diesel.. For example, I drove back from Indiana the other night. The EZ Go on the will Rogers was 3.49 gallon while the loves off the big cabin exit was $3.79. I drive to Hays Kansas a lot and routinely see that Loves is 30 to 50 cents higher on diesel. They have a really good loyalty program for professional drivers where they get free showers etc and because their company is paying for the fuel....who cares if it is higher if I get better perks. At the non truckstop loves with auto diesel...they seem more competitive.

Hopefully they will keep the diesel competitive on the turnpike locations.

They have begun rebranding the ezgo locations. I noticed the turnpike location near chickasha is fully rebranded. Also the older station on turner is now loves but newer location (east bound) was still ezgo as of two weeks ago

I’m expecting they are rebranding all the locations over time

Can they rebrand the patch on Thunder jerseys too?

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    Can they rebrand the patch on Thunder jerseys too?
    Yes please. Just drop the yellow rectangle. Begging.

Thread Information