Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Guyutes

1. Default Re: Guyutes

I'm amazed no one wrote about those 3 asian guys that crashed into this building a week and a half ago. It was pretty sad, they all died.

Default Re: Guyutes

Quote Originally Posted by edcrunk View Post
    I'm amazed no one wrote about those 3 asian guys that crashed into this building a week and a half ago. It was pretty sad, they all died.
    They did

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    They did
    I think Ed meant that there wasn't a follow up (that I saw) about the circumstances and the stories of the guys involved. I also didn't know that a third person died. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    I think Ed meant that there wasn't a follow up (that I saw) about the circumstances and the stories of the guys involved. I also didn't know that a third person died. Very sad.
    Oh, I see. Yeah, I never really put much thought into it, but it is really sad. I'm guessing there was alcohol involved?

Oh, I see. Yeah, I never really put much thought into it, but it is really sad. I'm guessing there was alcohol involved?
    I know the kids and I'd be very surprised if alcohol was involved. They were not the part type at all. Great kids and a couple were my students at Westmoore. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by dankrutka View Post
    I know the kids and I'd be very surprised if alcohol was involved. They were not the part type at all. Great kids and a couple were my students at Westmoore. Very sad.
    Gotcha. Very sad indeed.

Anyone know when this is going back to whatever committee that has to approve this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    Anyone know when this is going back to whatever committee that has to approve this?
    Planning Commission, April 24th.

For anyone interested in coming to the next OKC planning commission meeting in support of Uptown 23rd/GUYUTES, the meeting will be held on Thursday, April 24th at 1:30 p.m. at the Oklahoma City Planning Commission, 200 N. Walker, Municipal Building, 3rd floor. If you cannot attend the meeting but would still like to show your support, please feel free to write a letter to Oklahoma City Planning Commission, stating your name and address. From my understanding the main concerns from some of the Mesta Park residents appears to be parking and noise. GUYUTES has secured additional parking and they are willing to put up signs directing their patrons to the specific parking area and additional signs reminding patrons not to park in the neighborhood behind the business. Regarding the noise issue, GUYUTES is currently working with residents to re-assure them that they will abide by the city’s noise ordinance. For those willing to write a letter, please mail the letter to:

GUYUTES, LLC
    3732 N. Shartel Ave
    Oklahoma City, OK 73118

Thanks in advance for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Planning Commission, April 24th.
    For anyone interested in coming to the next OKC planning commission meeting in support of Uptown 23rd/GUYUTES, the meeting will be held on Thursday, April 24th at 1:30 p.m. at the Oklahoma City Planning Commission, 200 N. Walker, Municipal Building, 3rd floor. If you cannot attend the meeting but would still like to show your support, please feel free to write a letter to Oklahoma City Planning Commission, stating your name and address. From my understanding the main concerns from some of the Mesta Park residents appears to be parking and noise. GUYUTES has secured additional parking and they are willing to put up signs directing their patrons to the specific parking area and additional signs reminding patrons not to park in the neighborhood behind the business. Regarding the noise issue, GUYUTES is currently working with residents to re-assure them that they will abide by the city’s noise ordinance. For those willing to write a letter, please mail the letter to:

GUYUTES, LLC
    3732 N. Shartel Ave
    Oklahoma City, OK 73118

LAJJ, in case you haven't seen this, we started a petition for both Guyutes and Daebak K:

MoveOn Petitions - Support of Guyutes and Daebak K in OKC's Uptown District

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    LAJJ, in case you haven't seen this, we started a petition for both Guyutes and Daebak K:

Hey Pete! Just wanted to let you know that I have heard from 3 people that say the petition site is not working... One said that it won't take their zip or comment... Another guy just stated that it wouldn't take any of his info and one other person said they filled it out and it doesn't show her name on the bottom of the page like it did her husband. If you know who to contact about these errors, that would be great. Thanks so much for starting the petition... I know GUYUTES group really appreciates your help!

Quote Originally Posted by LAJJ View Post
    Hey Pete! Just wanted to let you know that I have heard from 3 people that say the petition site is not working... One said that it won't take their zip or comment... Another guy just stated that it wouldn't take any of his info and one other person said they filled it out and it doesn't show her name on the bottom of the page like it did her husband. If you know who to contact about these errors, that would be great. Thanks so much for starting the petition... I know GUYUTES group really appreciates your help!
    I used it not long ago and it worked fine for me.

It worked for me tonight.

For anyone interested in coming to the next OKC planning commission meeting in support of Uptown 23rd/GUYUTES, the meeting will be held on Thursday, April 24th at 1:30 p.m. at the Oklahoma City Planning Commission, 200 N. Walker, Municipal Building, 3rd floor. If you cannot attend the meeting but would still like to show your support, please feel free to write a letter to Oklahoma City Planning Commission, stating your name and address. From my understanding the main concerns from some of the Mesta Park residents appears to be parking and noise. GUYUTES has secured additional parking and they are willing to put up signs directing their patrons to the specific parking area and additional signs reminding patrons not to park in the neighborhood behind the business.
    You have to put up signs telling people not to park where it is perfectly legal to park? That's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Cotter View Post
    You have to put up signs telling people not to park where it is perfectly legal to park? That's crazy.
    Totally agree. People are just going to have to realize that the street is public. It's not their space. You live in an urban neighborhood next to a commercial corridor..I mean, it's pretty reasonable to assume that some people may be parking on the street in your neighborhood.

GUYUTES, LLC
    3732 N. Shartel Ave
    Oklahoma City, OK 73118

I hope you didn't get more parking in response to the planning commission. Parking is not required and it is not even appropriate for them to discuss it during your hearing.

I wish you luck with this project

GUYUTES, LLC
    3732 N. Shartel Ave
    Oklahoma City, OK 73118

If I live in Edmond, will I be able to join?

Quote Originally Posted by Geographer View Post
    Totally agree. People are just going to have to realize that the street is public. It's not their space. You live in an urban neighborhood next to a commercial corridor..I mean, it's pretty reasonable to assume that some people may be parking on the street in your neighborhood.
    I agree, the only development I wasn't crazy about due to parking was the concert venue next to the Tower. Partially because I'd rather the Tower be the concert venue, but mainly because it was a fairly large concert venue with next to 0 dedicated parking spots. Guyutes has made deals with surrounding property owners for additional parking and has some dedicated parking on it's lot. I think they've done more than enough to cover themselves. I'm sure the signs are just a formality so they can say...yeah, we tried... when they get complaints about people parking on 22nd.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    I hope you didn't get more parking in response to the planning commission. Parking is not required and it is not even appropriate for them to discuss it during your hearing.

I wish you luck with this project
    From what I've seen on Nextdoor, most of the complaints have shifted now to operating hours and noise... again...stupid.

There are existing laws regarding noise and if anyone violates them it's a simple matter of reporting and it will be addressed.

To put this all into perspective, there is really only one home anywhere near Guyutes, the one directly south. Keep in mind the rooftop patio will be at the far north end and shielded by the building structure and separated from the home by an alley, large tree, garage and backyard.

The homes on the west side of Shartel are in disrepair with the occupants parking in the front yard (a huge violation in itself).

Hey Everyone!
    Pete started this petition that will hopefully help GUYUTES with their up-coming meeting with the OKC Planning Commission on April 24th. Would you please take the time to go to the link below and sign it? You can click on the link below, and it will take you directly to the petition. Please add your comment on the petition as well. Thanks in advance for signing and sharing with your friends...

Also if anyone would like to attend the next meeting, it would be a huge help to the owners of GUYUTES. For anyone interested in coming to the next OKC planning commission meeting in support of Uptown 23rd/GUYUTES, the meeting will be held on Thursday, April 24th at 1:30 p.m. at the Oklahoma City Planning Commission, 200 N. Walker, Municipal Building, 3rd floor.

If you cannot attend the meeting but would still like to show your support, please feel free to write a letter to Oklahoma City Planning Commission, stating your name and address. From my understanding the main concerns from some of the Mesta Park residents appears to be parking, noise, and hours of operation. GUYUTES has secured additional parking and they are willing to put up signs directing their patrons to the specific parking area and additional signs reminding patrons not to park in the neighborhood behind the business. Regarding the noise issue, GUYUTES is currently working with residents to re-assure them that they will abide by the city’s noise ordinance. About their hours of operation.... how can a local homeowners association have any say or input on what the hours of operation are for a local business?

For those willing to write a letter, please mail the letter to:

GUYUTES, LLC
    3732 N. Shartel Ave
    Oklahoma City, OK 73118

Hey Everyone!
    Pete started this petition that will hopefully help GUYUTES with their up-coming meeting with the OKC Planning Commission on April 24th. Would you please take the time to go to the link below and sign it? You can click on the link below, and it will take you directly to the petition. Please add your comment on the petition as well. Thanks in advance for signing and sharing with your friends...

Also if anyone would like to attend the next meeting, it would be a huge help to the owners of GUYUTES. For anyone interested in coming to the next OKC planning commission meeting in support of Uptown 23rd/GUYUTES, the meeting will be held on Thursday, April 24th at 1:30 p.m. at the Oklahoma City Planning Commission, 200 N. Walker, Municipal Building, 3rd floor.

If you cannot attend the meeting but would still like to show your support, please feel free to write a letter to Oklahoma City Planning Commission, stating your name and address. From my understanding the main concerns from some of the Mesta Park residents appears to be parking, noise, and hours of operation. GUYUTES has secured additional parking and they are willing to put up signs directing their patrons to the specific parking area and additional signs reminding patrons not to park in the neighborhood behind the business. Regarding the noise issue, GUYUTES is currently working with residents to re-assure them that they will abide by the city’s noise ordinance. About their hours of operation.... how can a local homeowners association have any say or input on what the hours of operation are for a local business?

For those willing to write a letter, please mail the letter to:

GUYUTES, LLC
    3732 N. Shartel Ave
    Oklahoma City, OK 73118
    Thanx man! I live in Edmond, but will be attending. I gave it marked on my calendar and will be taking an hour off of work to come.

Thanx man! I live in Edmond, but will be attending. I gave it marked on my calendar and will be taking an hour off of work to come.
    Thanks for taking the time to go to the meeting. I hope you were able to sign the petition as well. I know the GUYUTES group will be appreciative as well...

What are Mesta residents saying on nextdoor.com? I tried to get on and see but i guess you have to live in Mesta. Are they still upset with Guyutes or has it shifted to Daebak?

Thread Information