Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Guyutes

Blog Entries

Default Re: Guyutes

Wouldn't this be Mesta and Paseo, not HH? Do we know this is HH protesters or have they just become the favorite target of the board?

The protest was from the house directly next door

3. Default Re: Guyutes

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Wouldn't this be Mesta and Paseo, not HH? Do we know this is HH protesters or have they just become the favorite target of the board?
    That's what I was saying. Only less...directly.

4. Default Re: Guyutes

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    The protest was from the house directly next door
    Hope they find a way to assuage the neighbor's fears. The more I look at this, the more I realize what a cool little chunk of urbanity it is. I hope the entire thing is built as drawn.

There will be a presentation by the Gutes fols to the Mesta Park Neighborhood Association tonight at 7 at the Sieber. Only open to Mesta Park folks, but if you are one please attend. I'm not sure I can make it, and I want someone pro-urbanization to be there as a counter to the vocal NIMBY folks who have already begun making their voices heard.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    There will be a presentation by the Gutes fols to the Mesta Park Neighborhood Association tonight at 7 at the Sieber. Only open to Mesta Park folks, but if you are one please attend. I'm not sure I can make it, and I want someone pro-urbanization to be there as a counter to the vocal NIMBY folks who have already begun making their voices heard.
    Why are they doing this now?

They received approval from the Urban Design Committee last month, with the exception of the front patio.

Blog Entries

Maybe they just want the Mesta folks, their neighbors, to hear from their mouth what is actually going to happen. Best way to assuage fears is to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Maybe they just want the Mesta folks, their neighbors, to hear from their mouth what is actually going to happen. Best way to assuage fears is to communicate.
    So reasonable! Can't possibly be true

Just wondering why they didn't do it before their approval hearing.

Guyutes goes before the planning commission tomorrow at 1:30. If there are any supporters out there, Guyutes would love for you to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seems a car crashed into the building earlyl this morning... wonder if they'll be able to continue now.

Two Killed; Two Hurt After Car Slams Into NW OKC Building - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

13. Default Re: Guyutes

Looks like they were replacing front glass anyway, and the smashed brick veneer can be repaired/replaced easily and inexpensively. Should not be a problem. Shame about the fatalities though.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Shame about the fatalities though.
    Yeah. I'm curious how it happened. They had to have been doing a very high speed down Shartel or 23rd... One of the News 9 photos showed that it was the back half of the car that was most destroyed.

Sad.

2 am, I bet alcohol was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Phisherman View Post
    Guyutes goes before the planning commission tomorrow at 1:30. If there are any supporters out there, Guyutes would love for you to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good luck! Looks like a great project and we're all pulling for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Good luck! Looks like a great project and we're all pulling for you.
    I know form social media that there will be a large number of opponents at this meeting.

I know form social media that there will be a large number of opponents at this meeting.
    Protesting the rooftop patio or the whole project?

Yeah, I'm curious.

Oy, vey.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Oy, vey.
    I completely agree with your sentiment.

mpna-letter-to-guyutes-2014-03-24.pdf

I disagree with my former Neighborhood Association. Quite sad that their board voted in approval to send this letter.

Just received a DM from someone watching/attending. The Planning Commission just deferred the item 4 weeks so that Mesta Park can work with the owners to determine suitable closing times. B/c "2 am is too late".

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    I completely agree with your sentiment.

mpna-letter-to-guyutes-2014-03-24.pdf

I disagree with my former Neighborhood Association. Quite sad that their board voted in approval to send this letter.
    I'd hate to live in the house immediately behind Guyutes. Can't say that I blame MPNA for sticking up for one of their residents.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
    I'd hate to live in the house immediately behind Guyutes. Can't say that I blame MPNA for sticking up for one of their residents.
    It's a street backing a commercial corridor. Not quite sure what you'd want that to entail... Like it or not, Mesta Park is urban and we should expect, and encourage, urban amenities.

Quote Originally Posted by cafeboeuf View Post
    It's a street backing a commercial corridor. Not quite sure what you'd want that to entail... Like it or not, Mesta Park is urban and we should expect, and encourage, urban amenities.
    +1

Thread Information