Widgets Magazine
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Austin! Continues to attract "High Tech"!!

Default Re: Austin! Continues to attract "High Tech"!!

I see that Transwestern used Houston and Dallas firms to do this project. The companies that I worked for in Austin and STG used to do a lot of work for Transwestern and the Transwestern PM on this development.

Austin doesn't have alot of Transwestern projects. Although Boka Powell one of my favorite architects does great projects around the world. Seems like since the great recession, they slow down quite a bit.

70 Rainey St. Tower moving forward

Floor plans and more renderings in March. Onsite sales center will open in April.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/jboyenter...84104214949888

Crane for the Aspen Heights Tower has been erected

http://downtownaustinblog.org/2015/0...in-news-bites/

211 S. Lamar moving foward

The current site, where a Taco Cabana sits at will be demolished soon to make way for this new condo development

New renderings of UT System Headquarters which is currently U/C

FAQs | University of Texas System

Aloft Hotel & Element moves forward

wholly Cow Burgers closing to make way for new hotels

Feb. 27th. 2015

This will be the last weekend to chow down at the Wholly Cow Burgers restaurant on Congress Avenue, as Coventus Corp and Finley Co. are set to demolish the building to make way for a new 32-story Aloft & Element Austin Downtown hotels.
    http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/bl...html?full=true

http://www.austintexas.gov/edims/document.cfm?id=206616

Quote Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
    211 S. Lamar moving foward

The current site, where a Taco Cabana sits at will be demolished soon to make way for this new condo development
    Well I guess you might call that an upgrade lol

A big upgrade at that.

The new Aloft/Element hotel will put Austin to the test. What will be different about this hotel is that there will not be a parking garage, you will have to find an alternative way to get there (taxi, pedicab, bus, or by walking.) I'm really excited because Austin is pushing the envelope on projects such as these. Less parking more alternative usage.

UT/ Capital / Dell Medical Center. Just north of downtown.

Downtown Austin

Thanks to Mopacs, AUSTIN | Photos & Videos Thread - Page 54 - SkyscraperPage Forum

Pirelli World Challenge Championship March 6 - 8.

https://www.facebook.com/CircuitofTheAmericas?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
    Austin doesn't have alot of Transwestern projects. Although Boka Powell one of my favorite architects does great projects around the world. Seems like since the great recession, they slow down quite a bit.
    Yeah, when everything cratered in 2008 we had quite a few projects with them in different stages in Austin and San Antonio, we did more work for others than TW. The first firm that I worked at did more Transwestern work in Austin and Houston. That firm sold out a couple of years after I left and the principals moved over to BokaPowell for awhile after they transitioned out.

Had another pretty solid weekend in Austin. Didn't get to do everything I was wanting to bc I got put to work doing wedding errands, but got my Snack Bar fix and stayed at the Austin Motel. Crazy to see all those cranes in that city. Construction happening around every turn.

My only fake complaint was that it was 40 and rainy all weekend while it was 70 and sunny up north in Omaha the whole time. Can't control that though.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanNebraska View Post
    My only fake complaint was that it was 40 and rainy all weekend while it was 70 and sunny up north in Omaha the whole time. Can't control that though.
    That doesn't happen too often, in the nine years that I lived there we had a total of three cold/ice days which weren't bad enough for me to miss work. It was just ice patches, having grown up in OKC I knew how to handle ice better than many in Austin who rarely were faced with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    That doesn't happen too often, in the nine years that I lived there we had a total of three cold/ice days which weren't bad enough for me to miss work. It was just ice patches, having grown up in OKC I knew how to handle ice better than many in Austin who rarely were faced with it.
    Yeah they even canceled school in Austin one day. Of course I looked at it as a great winter day! It really isn't a complaint, just a funny turn of luck.

I didn't even do 6th or Rainey(which I love) this time it was all South Congress and Barton Springs. Still had a lot of great food, saw some music and probably a little too much to drink. Gotta love Austin.

Sorry to hear that UrbanNebraska. It was quite cold and gloomy for the past couple days, now it's 68 and sunny. Spring time down here in central Texas can be a wash, but glad you still had fun. The best advise I could give out of towners is to visit central Texas either in the Spring time or Fall. Summer can get brutal, but if one visits in the Summer I would suggest June. Where our temperature stays in the upper 80's to low 90's and cools down at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Burgess View Post
    Suggestion: Rename thread to Austin, Texas Development
    That would be a great idea, but maybe we can call it "Austin" or something along the lines.

This is crazy.

Hmm. It doesn't seem too unusual to me. That has certainly happened here many times.

Surfing in Austin? You heard right. A brand new one of a kind facility is being built in Austin for those who love surfing.

The facility will be called Surf Park Texas, it will have 11 sections ranging from beginner to pro. Also from small swells to 6ft high waves will be produced throughout the Park.

https://m.facebook.com/surfparktexas?fref=ts&_rdr

If this thing takes off in which I can see it doing, I can see it expanding across the country. Even OKC or Tulsa will have something like this.

Austin region population passes two million

The five-county area (Williamson, Travis, Hays, Caldwell and Bastrop) gains about 60,000 new residents a year. In the metropolitan region, the population is 2,020,452

The traffic may not be much fun in 15 years either, when another one million people are expected to live here. The total estimated population for the five-county area in 2030 is three million people.

The city demographer estimates the Austin region passed the two million mark in July or August.
    Austin region population passes two million

Taken today, by me.

Fairmont

Northshore Apartments

Thread Information