Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Austin! Continues to attract "High Tech"!!

Default Re: Austin! Continues to attract "High Tech"!!

The future Dell Medical Center will be between UT and Downtown Austin. Also/

Quote Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
    That was one of my projects when I worked in Austin right before I moved to Denver. I did preliminary design on it over 3 years ago.

Pictures taken from a few days ago.

Austin welcoming our newest addition, The Colorado Tower. Also the new 5th+Colorado Tower which broke ground this month will block Frost ( Left side of the picture) once complete.
    Is that the old Antone's in the foreground?

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    That was one of my projects when I worked in Austin right before I moved to Denver. I did preliminary design on it over 3 years ago.
    Bluedogok you did an awesome job, I'm really liking the exterior part. Crossing my fingers and hoping it turns out the way it looks in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    Is that the old Antone's in the foreground?
    Sadly yes, I remember being there several times years back. Saw some great local bands play, and really do miss the place.

Another Northwest Austin office building worth $44M breaks ground

By Jan Buchholz
    October 17. 2014

Office development in Austin continues at a torrid pace with*Cousins Properties*(NYSE: CUZ) announcing that it will break ground in November on the final installment at Research Park Plaza.

Research Park V, at 12301 Research Blvd., will be delivered in 11 months, according toTim Hendricks, senior vice president of Cousins Properties. The building will encompass 173,000 square feet and cost about $44 million.

DCA Construction LP is the contractor and STG Design is the architect. Both were involved with the development of the other buildings at Research Park, which began delivering space in 1995. The four existing buildings are owned by two large investment groups.

"We really feel there's a need for new product in the northwest market where occupancy rates are over 90 percent," Hendricks said.
    Cousins Properties breaks ground on new phase of Research Park Plaza - Austin Business Journal

Domain 1 breaks ground in November

Domain 1 is on the left. The building next to it (right side) was just completed this month and is now occupied by Homeaway.

http://www.endeavor-re.com/office/Do...tter4Q2014.pdf

Bluedogok you did an awesome job, I'm really liking the exterior part. Crossing my fingers and hoping it turns out the way it looks in the picture.
    Not entirely mine, XBiotech had a guy on staff that they had hired from Rafael Viñoly and he came up with the basic style and did the renderings. He was a renderer at Viñoly and wasn't well versed in the real building design, dealing with the program and space planning. He was a great renderer though and that is where is strengths really were, truly great work. My job was to basically make his images into real buildings that would work for the client and meet codes. If it turns out as we came up with it will be a very nice campus.

Well I applaud both you guys for your hard work.

Austin's unemployment rate drops to 4.2%

By Michael Theis
    October. 17. 2014

Austin's unemployment rate has dropped a full percent compared to this time last year, falling to 4.2 percent in September,according to seasonally unadjusted datareleased Friday by the*Texas Workforce Commission.

It's also down slightly from August, when seasonally unadjusted unemployment in the Austin area was recorded at 4.6 percent.

Austin-area employers added approximately 8,400 jobs to payrolls in September, according to the latest data.
    Austin's unemployment rate drops to 4.2 percent - Austin Business Journal

Financing in hand, $370 million Austin Fairmont project now a go

Posted: 10:01 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 23, 2014

By Shonda Novak - American-Statesman Staff

The developer of a Fairmont convention hotel planned for downtown Austin has obtained financing for the project, clearing the way for the $370 million luxury hotel to break ground next month and add more than 1,000 rooms to the market.

Los Angeles-based Colony Capital LLC will finance the hotel, which will be built on a 1.74-acre site at East Cesar Chavez and Red River streets.

At 37 stories and rising 595 feet, the hotel would be one of the tallest buildings in Austin’s skyline when it opens. With 1,066 rooms, it would be the city’s largest hotel, surpassing the 34-story, 1,012-room JW Marriott convention center hotel that is currently under construction downtown and scheduled to open in February.

Groundbreaking for the Fairmont is scheduled for Nov. 3, with plans for it to open in June 2017.
    Financing in hand, $370 million Austin Fairmont project now a go | www.mystatesman.com

The new JW Marriott sign is lit up.

Thanks to Tie Guy from Skyscraperpage.com

Recent drone video of the new Capital Ridge project that's being built in west Austin. Note the yellow tower crane in the background is for the new Hotel Granduca (Upscale), and the in the foreground is a new 7 story office tower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-ejdUETtAA

WOW!!!! I really need to make time to go to Austin and just spend a week or two exploring the entire city. I found some pictures of lake Austin and it blew my mind of some of the beauty there.

I also found this picture which shows how the skyline has grown!

incredible. You guys are just blowing other cities out of the water right now.

From what I've been told is that Austin and Miami are the only U.S cities that have drastically altered their skylines.

The new album of Foo Fighters "Sonic Highways" has the Frost Tower & the Pennybacker Bridge at the lower left hand corner. I also got to thinking that they should have put Devon Tower somewhere in the middle, that would have looked freaking awesome.

From what I've been told is that Austin and Miami are the only U.S cities that have drastically altered their skylines.
    Yeah Miami is going ham with their condos from what I've seen .... it really seems the whole east coast of Florida is being littered with them. Will make for a cool underwater city when the oceans flood

Guessing Miami will become the new Atlantis in the far future.

University of Texas Robert B. Rowling Hall breaks ground

UT breaks ground on new business school building - Community Impact Newspaper

Guessing Miami will become the new Atlantis in the far future.
    yeah I probably won't be alive haha and I'm only 20

Lol but you never know. Ocean levels has been rising for a good while so It will be 100 years or so before anything catastrophic. Now Hurricane are another story.

Sorry that came out wrong, I hope nothing catastrophic happens even in a 100 years. But I am concern about coastal cities in the long term future, like NYC, Miami, and New Orleans.

Amazon.com to bring 200-plus tech jobs to Austin

By Shonda Novak
    November 12. 2014

E-commerce giant Amazon.com is set to establish a major presence in Austin, with plans to potentially bring up to 250 technology jobs to a 76,000-square-foot office at the Domain, according to sources familiar with the company’s plans.

Local commercial real estate brokers say Seattle-based Amazon has quietly been scouting for an Austin location for a year or so. The company has settled on Domain 7, a new 222,000-square-foot building at 11501 Alterra Parkway in the Domain, the mixed-use project between MoPac Boulevard (Loop 1) and Burnet Road that’s being developed by Austin-based Endeavor Real Estate Group. A lease hasn’t yet been signed. Amazon is expected to start occupying the space by mid-2015.
    Sources: Amazon.com to bring 200-plus tech jobs to Austin | www.mystatesman.com

Thread Information