Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Austin! Continues to attract "High Tech"!!

Default Re: Austin! Continues to attract "High Tech"!!

Think Tank HQ'S

This project is rare for Austin since the city hardly ever uses steel. There is also another project like this thats going up several block west of here.

With those projects that I just mentioned, lets really get down to what's going to change Austin in the next few years! Hope you enjoy!

Block 23 Office Tower/ 388ft. starts later this year.

Block 1 Tower/ 415ft. U/C

I did some projects with steel framing, of course the suburban office and warehouse projects were concrete tilt-wall with steel framing. Had more of them that were designed but not built after 2008.

Once in a while a steel project will pop up,, but I guess it's cheaper to use concrete and rebar for support rather than steel. But that's really cool Bluedogok. I worked on a big project back in '08 when they where building Cedar Park Town Square, most if not all where just single story retail buildings built with concrete walls and the braces to support the building where steel. Still some fond memories.

Waller Park Place 21st. Office Tower, 46st. Residential Tower, 38st. Mixed Used Tower. Starts this fall

Projects | Waller Park Place | | IBI Group Inc.

This is one of Austin most ambitious projects.

HangryHippo Guest

The Block 23 Tower you posted was what I was expecting for the Stage Center site. Austin has a ton of stuff in the works, but how much of it will actually be developed?

Quote Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
    Once in a while a steel project will pop up,, but I guess it's cheaper to use concrete and rebar for support rather than steel. But that's really cool Bluedogok. I worked on a big project back in '08 when they where building Cedar Park Town Square, most if not all where just single story retail buildings built with concrete walls and the braces to support the building where steel. Still some fond memories.
    I know the Pad 5 site at Hill Country Galleria was a steel frame/metal stud building, I don't know if they have done anything with that yet. I did the new Goodwill in Lakeway and it is steel frame and non-load bearing CMU block. We changed exterior finish materials from stone/stucco on metal studs to CMU three weeks before permitting so we kept the steel frame designed. It was supposed to be the template for their new stores, the new Southpark Meadows store was block but I don't know if they went with structural block since Noack-Little did that store. We did a wood framed building for Espy Corp in Dripping Springs, they didn't want steel framing since it would interfere with testing the equipment they were assembling. The amphitheater/kitchen portion of One World Theater was supposed to be ICF (as was the Waterscape condos on the north shore of Lake Travis), the original building is done in Rastra forms. The bigger office buildings like Overwatch Systems on Southwest Parkway is the typical concrete tilt-wall with steel framing inside and for the fourth floor. The Southpark office/warehouse stuff was the same, we did a whole lot more of that type in Houston and San Antonio. Rob Roy Office Park on Bee Caves Road is stone on steel frame/metals studs.

So there are quite a bit more than just tilt-wall but it is very popular there for low rise office construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemingstein View Post
    The Block 23 Tower you posted was what I was expecting for the Stage Center site. Austin has a ton of stuff in the works, but how much of it will actually be developed?
    They stated today that Block 23 tower is moving forward with ground breaking here soon.

Close Up With Troy Holme - Real Estate Bisnow (Austin/San Antonio)

Now I can't guarantee that every single project in Austin will come to friction, there will be some that will never see the lignt of day. But Austin is red hot with office and residential developments that Austin is still behind! If Austin growth just suddenly cool off it would take several years to get back to normal levels.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    I know the Pad 5 site at Hill Country Galleria was a steel frame/metal stud building, I don't know if they have done anything with that yet. I did the new Goodwill in Lakeway and it is steel frame and non-load bearing CMU block. We changed exterior finish materials from stone/stucco on metal studs to CMU three weeks before permitting so we kept the steel frame designed. It was supposed to be the template for their new stores, the new Southpark Meadows store was block but I don't know if they went with structural block since Noack-Little did that store. We did a wood framed building for Espy Corp in Dripping Springs, they didn't want steel framing since it would interfere with testing the equipment they were assembling. The amphitheater/kitchen portion of One World Theater was supposed to be ICF (as was the Waterscape condos on the north shore of Lake Travis), the original building is done in Rastra forms. The bigger office buildings like Overwatch Systems on Southwest Parkway is the typical concrete tilt-wall with steel framing inside and for the fourth floor. The Southpark office/warehouse stuff was the same, we did a whole lot more of that type in Houston and San Antonio. Rob Roy Office Park on Bee Caves Road is stone on steel frame/metals studs.

So there are quite a bit more than just tilt-wall but it is very popular there for low rise office construction.
    I haven't been to Lakeway in quite a while, but from what I've heard it has really changed.

They whole area changed a lot in the 9 years that I lived in Austin, we looked at land on the south shore of Travis and Apache Shores and it was still fairly rural off 620 in that area. Development up and down 620 has been rapid.

That it has Bluedogok. Though I do wish construction would ease up a bit. Right now San Marcos is in stage 4 in water restrictions. Now a good thing to hear, hopefully we can get some much needed rain this fall and winter.

Thought you guys might like this. It's a film trailer "not an actual movie" that was filmed in Austin, parts of it has our W Hotel of fire as well as an alien creature throwing cars.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=olEbwhWDYwM

Capital Ridge Office & Hotel Granduca U/C

Here's a video of the construction. Capital Ridge Site on Vimeo

City of Austin Creating 107 Acre Eco-Industrial Park

The City of Austin is moving closer to its goal of building a cluster of recycling manufacturing firms in southeast Austin, thanks to a recent grant from the federal government. The planned eco-park, also known as the Austin Manufacturing Hub, aims attract recycling businesses to the city and reduce the amount of waste sent to landfills.

In July, the City accepted a $1-Million grant from the U.S. Economic Development Administration (EDA). The federal funds will be allocated to Austin Resource Recovery‘s budget and will help to pay for water and sewer infrastructure for the site. An estimated total of $10-million is needed to prepare the site for tenants.

The 107-acre site is located just south of ABIA at the former FM812 landfill site. The landfill was operational from the 1960′s until the late 1990′s.

According to the City of Austin, the Manufacturing Hub is estimated to leverage more than $30 million in private sector development and create up to 1,250 jobs. The Hub aims to be ready for tenants in the Fall of 2015.
    Building ATX » City of Austin Creating 107 Acre Eco-Industrial Park

LONE STAR LE MANS | SEPT 18 - SEPT 20

If any of yall are heading out to the Circuit of the Americas, general admission start at $79.

2014 United States Grand Prix - Circuit of the Americas

Construction ready to go on downtown Austin office tower*

By Jan Buchholz
    September 24. 2014

Last week I speculated that the proposed 5th+Colorado Tower was poised for construction and now it's been confirmed. Developer Lincoln Property Co. representatives said a building permit is in hand and Austin Commercial*has been selected as general contractor.

“Construction will begin immediately,”*said J. Seth Johnston, vice president of marketing for LPC, headquarterd in Dallas.

Johnston is teaming up with Trish Williams, another LPC vice president, on the leasing and management of the tower.

The 18-story office building at the southwest corner of Fifth and Colorado streets is scheduled to be completed in the first quarter of 2016.
    Lincoln Property Co. confirms construction on 5th+Colorado tower imminent - Austin Business Journal

XBiotech set to build $200M facility in Austin

By Chad Swiatecki
    September 25. 2014

XBiotech USA Inc., an emerging Austin drug developer, will break ground Friday on the first manufacturing and research facility at its 48-acre siteoff Riverside Drive in Southeast Austin that is expected to eventually house a $200 million campus of buildings.

The 46,0000-square-foot building will cost “no more than $12 million,” company President and CEO John Simard told Austin Business Journal. Construction is expected to finish by mid-2015 and start manufacturing and shipping the company’s colorectal cancer-fighting drug Xilonix by early 2016.
    XBiotech set to build $200M facility in Austin - Austin Business Journal

SH 45 N becoming key corridor

Foreground is a new hotel being built in Round Rock, and a new Hopital called Forest Park Medical Center is being built in the background which is in Austin. SH 45 separates the 2 cities.

SH 45 N becoming key corridor - Community Impact Newspaper

New condo project set to start in downtown Austin

By Shonda Novak
    October 14. 2014

Downtown Austin is about to see its fifth-tallest building break ground.

The 39-story tower is planned for the northeast corner of Fifth and West streets, where the building that housed the Texas Press Association sits. Demolition on that building will start later this month to make way for the new tower, which will bring 154 new luxury condos to market when it opens in the fall of 2017. Units will start in the $500,000s, said Scott Dunaway, a spokesman for the developer, Riverside Resources.

Riverside Resources is an Austin-based firm that’s leaving a significant imprint on the local market. The company built the Whitley apartment high rise downtown, which it has since sold, and is under construction with a new office building near Capital of Texas Highway (Loop 360) and Bee Cave Road, among other projects.

Called Fifth & West Residences, the project will be the second condominium tower to be under construction downtown.
    New condo project set to start in downtown Austin | www.statesman.com

Hotel ZaZa breaks ground

New Rendering

Picture taken by Corvairkeith on SSP

AUSTIN | Hotel ZaZa & Apartments | 305 FEET | 24 FLOORS | SITE DEMO - Page 9 - SkyscraperPage Forum

Pictures taken from a few days ago.

Austin welcoming our newest addition, The Colorado Tower. Also the new 5th+Colorado Tower which broke ground this month will block Frost ( Left side of the picture) once complete.

Austin waterfront rising!

I went by the future site of where the new Dell Medical Center is currently being built.

Sorry for the quality, dirt was flying like crazy that day.

This is the first building out of 3 that's U/C

This will be the new Seton Hospital. Site Prep

The administration building. Site Prep

Thread Information