Widgets Magazine
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Austin! Continues to attract "High Tech"!!

Default Re: Austin! Continues to attract "High Tech"!!

Aerial view: Samsung starts work on 1,200-acre site in Taylor

By Justin Sayers
    Staff Writer, Austin Business Journal
    Jul 5, 2022

Construction work is underway on one of the Austin area's largest projects: Samsung Electronic Co. Ltd.'s $17 billion next-generation chipmaking facility in Taylor.

Drone photos taken by the Austin Business Journal in late June show initial site work being done at the roughly 1,200-acre site for the project in Taylor, about 40 miles northeast of Austin. The facility is rising near the former intersection of County Roads 401 and 404 and is expected to be 6 million square feet when completed.
    https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/n...s-economy.html

IMO, Austin has long surpassed Nashville even though Austin has no NFL team but why would it? Dallas and Houston have teams, hell San Antonio has a pro team as well but Austin has a pro soccer team with an insane loyal fan base.

IMO m, Austin will eventually surpass Dallas and the only reason it hasn’t is because of the DFW mega metro.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that Austin is quickly on its way to becoming a global city

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    IMO, Austin has long surpassed Nashville even though Austin has no NFL team but why would it? Dallas and Houston have teams, hell San Antonio has a pro team as well but Austin has a pro soccer team with an insane loyal fan base.

IMO m, Austin will eventually surpass Dallas and the only reason it hasn’t is because of the DFW mega metro.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that Austin is quickly on its way to becoming a global city
    When I think about it, Austin does have a loyal fan base. We have The University of Texas (College), Austin FC (Pro) & Austin Spurs (Minor League Basketball). On top of that Austin has a bunch of races throughout the year, from Formula 1 to Nascar to Gran Turismo.

Deep Deuce Austin first 800 footer!

Thanks in part of Austin forumers on SSP.

This video is hilarious! But an actual description of what Austin has become.

That last skyline photo is incredible. Truly a boomtown.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    That last skyline photo is incredible. Truly a boomtown.
    Skyline rivals Los Angeles...

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Skyline rivals Los Angeles...
    Austin has an absolute beautiful skyline but I’m not sure it rivals LA. If it keeps growing it will but based off of that picture it has a dozen or so 50+ story buildings to go.

Blog Entries

Austin = Oklahoma City & Tulsa

AUSTIN Population = 2,352,426 = OKC-TUL Population = 2,465,635 (OKC 1,441,647. Tulsa 1,023,988)

Austin skyline

Four tallest structures: The Independent 690, The Austonian 683, Fairmont Austin 595, Block 185 594

Oklahoma City & Tulsa Skyline

Four tallest structures: Devon Energy Center 844, BancFirst Tower 500, First National Center 493, City Place Tower 440

Four tallest structures: BOK Tower 667, Cityplex Central Tower 648, First Place Tower 516, Mid-Continent Tower 513

Couldn't assess the GDP figures because they didn't make sense... ...realize there are more to cities than population & skylines.

A list of everything U/C and that has been completed.

A few skyline snapshots from the hills

By Mopacs

6 x Guadalupe is now trailing Devon Tower by a mere 25 ft. Crazy to think that before an 800 footer was a dream in both Austin and OKC. Now we are shooting for the stars.

By Enragedcamel

4 Supertalls are in the works with 1 U/C. This will be the decade of the supertalls for Austin. Let's hope some of that momentum rubs off on other cities like Dallas and OKC.

Blog Entries

Austin is an amazing place. My daughter lives there and we go down pretty often. Was there over Labor Day weekend and stayed in an AirBNB just a couple blocks off S. Congress. There was a house across the street which they were working on pretty hard over that weekend. I pulled it up the other night and it is 2100 feet (not quite) and listed for $1.9 million. Eye popping real estate market.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Austin is an amazing place. My daughter lives there and we go down pretty often. Was there over Labor Day weekend and stayed in an AirBNB just a couple blocks off S. Congress. There was a house across the street which they were working on pretty hard over that weekend. I pulled it up the other night and it is 2100 feet (not quite) and listed for $1.9 million. Eye popping real estate market.
    Victim of their own success. I like the city too but don’t understand the extreme high cost of living compared to other more interesting cities. I would love to see a fraction of their development up this way though

In this news article by CNBC it list Austin as the second fastest growing U.S. City in
    2022. The article contains a link to a study showing the fastest growing US cities and
    OKC ranks 17th. I think is pretty awesome!
    https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/business...-them/3120314/

19. Default Re: Austin! Continues to attract "High Tech"!!

I was just in Austin last week. Really fun city but holy crap there are so many people. Between the roads and airport, they are at max capacity.

Another record breaking supertall announced for Austin

JAMES RAMBIN
    NOVEMBER 14, 2022

Austin-based real estate development firm Wilson Capital announced this morning that its redevelopment of the Avenue Lofts site will be significantly larger than previously reported. The multifamily residential building planned for the 0.8-acre property at 410 East Fifth Street, now known as Wilson Tower, is set to rise 80 floors to a total height of 1,035 feet — and yes, that would make the project the new tallest tower in Texas upon completion, exceeding the height of the Waterline supertall project currently under construction a few blocks away by 13 feet.

Wilson Tower is described by its developer as a signature 450-unit apartment building with residences ranging from studios to 3 and 4-bedroom penthouses. Designed by the Austin office of global architecture firm HKS Inc., the building’s impressive height is matched by a remarkable appearance — its signature design feature is a brise soleil, or shade structure, wrapping the tower’s entire glass exterior on the eastern and western elevations. It’s one of our favorite architectural touches on many midcentury buildings including the nearby Cambridge Tower, and seeing this sort of design updated for a modern tower is a welcome addition to the Austin skyline:

“Our vision for Wilson Tower is to set a new bar in skyscraper residences for Austin that we believe will foster creativity and social connection. Along with welcoming outdoor terraces and gardens, the tower itself is wrapped in a brise soleil that offers protection from the hot Texas sun and wind while also providing structural strength. This brise soleil gives the building uniquely shaded and comfortable outdoor living spaces on every level.”
    https://austin.towers.net/austins-ne...h-and-trinity/

Okay i love that building's design. Austin's boom is absolutely wild.

Austin has been in a boom for the last 15 years.

Love the Design!

Default Austin 2023 boom continues

Paseo (80 Rainey) | 567 Feet | 48 Floors | U/C

Update from mid January

Modern Austin Residences | 658' | 55 FLOORS | U/C

Thread Information