Widgets Magazine
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Austin! Continues to attract "High Tech"!!

Default Re: Austin! Continues to attract "High Tech"!!

I saw these charts and wow! At what point is it too high to sustain? Austin is growing but workers have to be paid higher and higher to move for open jobs. Companies will have to chip in lots of incentives to entice workers.

D01572F1-DC9C-426A-9DF9-4439736CE76C.jpeg
    B5752A84-F8D6-44A4-870E-36E681E349EF.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by OKC Guy View Post
    I saw these charts and wow! At what point is it too high to sustain? Austin is growing but workers have to be paid higher and higher to move for open jobs. Companies will have to chip in lots of incentives to entice workers.
    It's only going to get worse. Austin is offering billions of dollars in incentives for top named companies to move here.

With NXP Semiconductors NV considering Austin for a major expansion, Central Texas is a potential landing spot for at least three large, high-technology manufacturing projects.

Infineon Technologies AG, Applied Materials Inc, & NXP Semiconductors NV.
    https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/n...explained.html

This doesn't include the massive chip facility that Samsung would be building in Taylor (Austin area) this summer.

The U.S. census estimates it missed more than a half-million Texans during 2020 count

Tripped up by politics and the pandemic — and with only a last-minute investment in promotion by the state — the 2020 census likely undercounted the Texas population by roughly 2%, the U.S. Census Bureau said Thursday.

The once-a-decade national count put Texas’ official population at 29,145,505 after it gained the most residents of any state in the last decade, earning two additional congressional seats. In a post-count analysis using survey results from households, the bureau estimated that the count for people living in Texas households — a slightly smaller population than the total population — failed to find more than half a million residents. That’s the equivalent of missing the entire populations of Lubbock, Laredo and then some.
    https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05...as-undercount/

Not necessarily about Austin, but Texas in general which showing a massive population under count 2 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if Oklahoma was undercounted as well.

In reality Texas is currently home to some 31 million residents.

The soon too be tallest tower in Texas is kicking into high gear with an official groundbreaking ceremony.

https://www.thestructuralengineer.in...red_image.jpeg

A tent is being set up behind the construction trailers in the parking lot.

Site prep at The Republic

By Agsatx88

Samsung to start construction of Texas chip plant this month

May 27th 2022

Construction of a new Samsung Electronics chip plant in Taylor, Texas will begin next month, according to the city government and the Korean chipmaker, marking the start of the $17-billion project.

The Taylor city government gave an update on the construction of the plant, which will cover 138 acres on a 1,000-acre plot of land in the city, in a recent newsletter.

“Underground utilities and building foundations are expected to start in June,” it said.

The government noted that site grading is almost complete and interior roads and parking lot paving is now underway.
    https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com...173237482.html

Now come on Dallas and Houston, start a new skyscraper height race in Texas. Bonus points if SA gets involved too.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Now come on Dallas and Houston, start a new skyscraper height race in Texas. Bonus points if SA gets involved too.
    Right! Lol. I would say Austin is the rising star of Texas followed by Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Fort Worth then El Paso.

High rise & skyscraper development in Austin has being going on consistently for 15 years. Unprecedented. So Jealous, lol.

Seems like a new high rise is announced every month...lol.

Dallas then Houston....lol

6 X Guadalupe update has now surpassed the 700ft mark. With 146ft to go.

Citizen M Hotel

By Urbanizer

I went to Europe in May and it was very interesting when people asked where my group was from. In every country we visited, the local people would instantly assume we were from Austin when hearing we were from Texas. Not Dallas; not Houston. Austin. Of course, when one of us replied “Amarillo”, the blank stares would come.

Quote Originally Posted by poe View Post
    I went to Europe in May and it was very interesting when people asked where my group was from. In every country we visited, the local people would instantly assume we were from Austin when hearing we were from Texas. Not Dallas; not Houston. Austin. Of course, when one of us replied “Amarillo”, the blank stares would come.
    Nice! Yea, pretty much everyone recognizes Austin now.

Default Texas tallest skyscraper has officially broken ground!

Texas new tallest update is officially U/C!

https://twitter.com/TheATX1/status/1539746435788423176

From the 360 overlook today

By me

Austin will be the 10th most populated city in the US within a couple years making Texas the only state with four cities in the top 10 most populated and eventually Fort Worth will enter the top 10 as it’s the fastest growing large city in the US

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    Austin will be the 10th most populated city in the US within a couple years making Texas the only state with four cities in the top 10 most populated and eventually Fort Worth will enter the top 10 as it’s the fastest growing large city in the US
    The growth of this city is insane.

Picture I took the other day showing the progress of the new Texas tallest. Lots of activity going on. What I couldn't show u is behind the tree line is where they have dugged down a good 20ft or so for the support columns to be put in place.

Happy Independence Day!

Thread Information