Widgets Magazine
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Austin! Continues to attract "High Tech"!!

Default Re: Austin! Continues to attract "High Tech"!!

Public documents tie Elon Musk associate to hundreds of acres near Tesla

Musk's local land holdings are almost 3 times the size of downtown Austin

Elon Musk’s assemblage of land in eastern Travis County appears to be growing.

Public documents show that an LLC tied to one of Musk’s top associates has purchased hundreds of acres just across the Colorado River from the rising $1.1. billion Tesla Inc. gigafactory.

It was unclear by publication time what the additional acreage will be used for, though the land purchases provide some idea of just how large Musk’s plans are for the area — he's already amassed more than 2,500 acres on the other side of the river — as the world's richest person continues to grow roots in Central Texas. He recently announced that Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) would relocate its headquarters to Austin from Palo Alto, California, and his other companies — tunneling startup The Boring Company, brain implant startup Neuralink Corp. and space exploration company SpaceX — are increasingly running operations through the region.
    https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/n...JdYJ-6UdsgPH8Q

Public documents tie Elon Musk associate to hundreds of acres near Tesla

Musk's local land holdings are almost 3 times the size of downtown Austin

Elon Musk’s assemblage of land in eastern Travis County appears to be growing.

Public documents show that an LLC tied to one of Musk’s top associates has purchased hundreds of acres just across the Colorado River from the rising $1.1. billion Tesla Inc. gigafactory.

It was unclear by publication time what the additional acreage will be used for, though the land purchases provide some idea of just how large Musk’s plans are for the area — he's already amassed more than 2,500 acres on the other side of the river — as the world's richest person continues to grow roots in Central Texas. He recently announced that Tesla (Nasdaq: TSLA) would relocate its headquarters to Austin from Palo Alto, California, and his other companies — tunneling startup The Boring Company, brain implant startup Neuralink Corp. and space exploration company SpaceX — are increasingly running operations through the region.
    https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/n...JdYJ-6UdsgPH8Q

The Four Seasons Private Residences Lake Austin

Aforementioned Funicular

By Tom Foster
    November 9, 2021

A sign of the times on a showstopping Hill Country peak.

The 145-acre Camelback property on Lake Austin, just west of the iconic Pennybacker Bridge, rises straight up a series of limestone cliffs to a densely forested ridge 380 feet above the water. It’s as close to a proper mountain as you can find in Central Texas. And what a mountain. From the top, you can see the sweeping semicircular curve of the Colorado River below, and off to the east, a gap in the hills frames the Oz-like cluster of high-rises in downtown Austin, ten or so miles away.

It’s here that property owner Jonathan Coon has built a four-story metal-frame viewing platform that rises above the treetops and affords lucky visitors one of the most commanding views in the state. The platform won’t be here for long, though: It exists only so that Coon can sell people on his new plan, announced Tuesday, to turn the Camelback into the site of an ultra-luxury condo community with 179 cliffside homes, a private marina, a sprawling athletic center with outdoor and indoor tennis courts—and an air-conditioned, glass-box funicular that will whisk residents from hilltop to lakeside in two minutes flat. Four Seasons, the luxury resort company famous for such properties as the Grand-Hôtel du Cap-Ferrat on the French Riviera as well as high-end hotels and residences in Austin, Houston, and Dallas, will manage the property, to be known as the Four Seasons Private Residences Lake Austin.
    https://www.texasmonthly.com/style/d...ark-funicular/

Austin crowned the world’s No. 1 city to move to in global ranking

To determine the ideal places to call home, U.K. finance site money.co.uk studied the best cities to move around the world in its Relocation Report, released this week.

Austin came in first, thanks in part to its average temperature of 68.7 degrees and average monthly salary of £3,984 (or $5,378), as well as its internet speed of 87.5 Mbps. Next up was the most populous city in the world, Tokyo, for its plethora of restaurants and parks, as well as its high life expectancy at age 84.
    https://www.travelandleisure.com/tra...ound-the-world

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Beat me to it. Samsung has chosen Taylor for it's next plant. This is the largest U.S investment ever at a whooping $17 Billion project.

I heard 10,000 jobs will be created. That's nearly the scale of the Giga Tesla project.

Austin has a new tower announced almost every month, this is just amazing. How is that even possible? lol

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/n...s-forward.html

HangryHippo Guest

Will be interesting to see Texas development when they run out of water.

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    I don't think water is going to be the issue, so much as the fact that they've barely done a single thing to make their grid more resilient whenever the next "once in a generation" cold snap hits.

"The Republic" moving forward

https://www.lpcaustin.com/properties/the-republic/

License agreement for three (3) tower cranes required to erect The Republic office building located at 401 W. 4th St.
    https://abc.austintexas.gov/public-s..._propertyrsn=0

Quote Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
    Austin has a new tower announced almost every month, this is just amazing. How is that even possible? lol

https://www.bizjournals.com/austin/n...s-forward.html
    I know! It's an amazing time to be in Austin.

In transportation news TxDOT has released new updates to the central section of I-35.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/txd...x8Q-xRgIjOT4Qg

The whole thing is a joke. I love massive freeways but there are better ways to build them in super dense areas. TxDOT proposed just this when they have an alternative that has a series of deep bored tunnels but per usual in the USA couldn’t do it because it was too expensive. Never mind every other modern country that is able to build road tunnels just fine.

I suppose in this particular case, believe it or not, mark me as someone who is against this expansion because it is inappropriate for the area it’s in. Shawnw, bet you didn’t see that one coming

I doubt that would ever happen. Most of the population growth in Texas is happening in the central and Eastern part of the state where water/ rain is abundance.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    I don't think water is going to be the issue, so much as the fact that they've barely done a single thing to make their grid more resilient whenever the next "once in a generation" cold snap hits.
    Last year was crazy. I hope that something like that never happens again. I spent 5 days without power. Luckily this time I brought a generator just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    In transportation news TxDOT has released new updates to the central section of I-35.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/txd...x8Q-xRgIjOT4Qg

The whole thing is a joke. I love massive freeways but there are better ways to build them in super dense areas. TxDOT proposed just this when they have an alternative that has a series of deep bored tunnels but per usual in the USA couldn’t do it because it was too expensive. Never mind every other modern country that is able to build road tunnels just fine.

I suppose in this particular case, believe it or not, mark me as someone who is against this expansion because it is inappropriate for the area it’s in. Shawnw, bet you didn’t see that one coming
    Disappointed. Rather than cap IH 35 they want to expand it and make it look like Dallas smh. The only great thing happening is Project Connect.

Quote Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
    Disappointed. Rather than cap IH 35 they want to expand it and make it look like Dallas smh. The only great thing happening is Project Connect.
    It’s very disappointing. The tunnel design was compact and had two layers of tunnels. It would have been amazing.

Turning a Corner at 415 Colorado

JAMES RAMBIN JANUARY 11, 2022

Demolition is scheduled to begin this week at the southeast corner of West Fifth and Colorado Streets in downtown Austin, clearing several buildings for the construction of a 47-floor residential and office tower developed by Texas private equity firm Stonelake Capital Partners.
    https://austin.towers.net/turning-a-...lyn@towers.net

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
    I doubt that would ever happen. Most of the population growth in Texas is happening in the central and Eastern part of the state where water/ rain is abundance.
    Not according to the US Drought Monitor, where the entire eastern half of the state save for parts of three counties near Houston is in some level of drought.

Not according to the US Drought Monitor, where the entire eastern half of the state save for parts of three counties near Houston is in some level of drought.
    In that case. Us Texans will have to steal the water from Oklahoma. J/k

Or better yet we'll just steal it from Louisiana since half the state is already underwater.

Site prep has officially begun on the tallest tower in Texas!

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1482135016138285060

Austin will be rising to new heights as alot of these projects come to life. It's astonishing that Austin will be the level of Minneapolis later on this year once 6 X Guadalupe tops out in terms of overall height and buildings.

Anyone been to Q2 Stadium yet? Thinking about heading down for a game this summer, looks like an amazing atmosphere on TV.

Austin has at least three towers between 640' & 675' breaking ground this quarter.

The 640' 415 Colorado tower got underway this week with barriers for street closures for Demo and construction going up around the site.

The 675' 321 West tower gets underway next week
    with street closures around the site for Demo and construction scheduled for Friday. The final renderings have not been released, but it will be similar to this previous rendering.

The 658' Modern Austin tower is financed with a 03/21 groundbreaking. The developer is letting the two bars on the site to host SXSW events before closing; hence the March groundbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by SEMIweather View Post
    Anyone been to Q2 Stadium yet? Thinking about heading down for a game this summer, looks like an amazing atmosphere on TV.
    I drove past it many times but have yet stepped foot in it. I would recommend stocking up on lots of water since it's an open stadium. Summer & Texas equals hot so stay hydrated.

Thread Information