Widgets Magazine
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Fordson Hotel (formerly 21c Museum Hotel)

Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

Sounds like a false alarm, thank goodness.

Thank goodness. That would have been a major blow.

21c reopened today.

Mary Eddy's lounge area will be open for service five days a week, TU- TH 5:30pm-9:30pm; FR - SA 5:30pm-10:00pm.

i really hope they focused on deferred maintenance in the rooms. The wear and tear when I stayed there a year ago was apparent: broken furniture, light fixtures not working, painted surfaces all scuffed up. Hotels require constant upkeep and I was not impressed -- even after staying in two separate rooms.

Mary Eddy's reopens on Thursday.

It is now located where the bar was before, in the northeast corner of the space.

What was originally the restaurant will be a coffee/bodega place with the bar moved to the southeast corner opening onto the south patio which will ultimately have a new pool. That patio was never really used and had been completely separated from the bar.

6. Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

Hmmmm.... This could be bad for Clarity... The two days a week I go into the office I walk down to Clarity to get a coffee but this is a lot closer..... Guess it all comes down to how many calories I want to burn for an Americano.

Only Mary Eddy's will open on Thursday.

The coffee place and bar and pool will come sometime later.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Hmmmm.... This could be bad for Clarity... The two days a week I go into the office I walk down to Clarity to get a coffee but this is a lot closer..... Guess it all comes down to how many calories I want to burn for an Americano.
    I think they're far enough apart that they'll be okay.

this is great for the Hotel ... not having a pool never made much sense ..

10. Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by PhiAlpha View Post
    I think they're far enough apart that they'll be okay.
    I meant bad for them as far as me being a regular customer..... I love Clarity's coffee and their service, as well as several of them being bike riders so we always talk about rides we've been/are going on...... But some days I just don't always have the time, or the weather doesn't permit, the walk from my office but I've gone anyway.... Now I'll have an option across the street.

Press release:

Mary Eddy’s at 21c Reopens a Fresh Take on Classic American Dining in the West Village
    Reimagined restaurant captures the spirit of its namesake, Mary Eddy Jones, to create an inviting space for dining, drinking, and socializing.

OKLAHOMA CITY, OK (October 27, 2021) – Mary Eddy’s Dining Room at 21c Museum Hotel, which has been closed for renovation since July, will reopen for dinner service this Thursday, October 28 at 5:00 pm. Diners will find a completely reimagined restaurant inspired by its vibrant namesake, Mary Eddy Jones, and a new menu of elevated American classics by executive chef Jeff Patton. 21c partnered with Duro Hospitality, led by Oklahoma City natives Corbin and Ross See and Benji Homsey, to transform the space that formerly held Mary Eddy’s Kitchen X Lounge from a cavernous, industrial space into a warm, inviting place for dining, drinking, and socializing.

“The reimagined Mary Eddy's pays homage to an incredible force in our family, Mary Eddy Jones," said Hall Capital Chairman and CEO Fred J. Hall. “My grandmother's home was always a welcoming space filled with hospitality, comfort and delicious food, and that spirit is echoed in the new restaurant. We envision Mary Eddy’s as a meeting place, where people can go and experience unique elegance and comfort in the heart of downtown."

The design of the restaurant and lounge creates an immersive and nostalgic space that pays homage to the beaux art style of the building’s architect, Albert Kahn, and to the neoclassical home of Mary Eddy and Fred Jones, located just blocks away on 17th Street. Chandeliers throughout the lounge and dining room provide warm lighting, and large circular booths create a cocoon-like feeling while offering open views around the room. Shades of blue, green, and turquoise are highlighted in paint and textiles throughout, referencing her famous blue and green mosaic-tiled lily pond. The private dining room is a direct nod to Mary Eddy’s actual dining room with millwork and wallpaper in rich tones. The room can accommodate gatherings from two to 20 people and offers a special family-style menu. The space transports guests to a different era, while tracing the history of Jones family in OKC from Fred’s arrival in the early 1900s to the 1960s when the Jones family purchased the building.

“Our objective was to make a connection to the building and draw an obvious line to the restaurant’s namesake, Mary Eddy, and the Fred Jones family,” said Corbin See. “We really wanted to honor Mary Eddy’s talent for entertaining and hospitality. That meant creating an environment where you felt both at ease and special, but also a little bit at home. We take a residential approach to our hospitality design, so for that reason this was a perfect assignment for us. We set the stage with sexy lighting, soft furnishings, and luxe materials. There’s a definite mood. It’s a nod to the beaux arts architecture of the building, but also a contrast to its industrial use. It’s a restaurant for today’s audience, but we hope she and Fred would be proud.”

Patton’s menu is also inspired by Mary Eddy Jones, who loved to host her wide circle of friends in her home and surprise them with creative, beautifully plated dishes. He drew inspiration from the era in which Mary Eddy lived, building a menu of reimagined American classics like Steak Tartare. Patton’s version includes garlic aioli and house-made potato chips. Diners will also find classics including Shrimp Cocktail with Old Bay seasoning and cocktail sauce with fresh horseradish and house-made hot sauce and French Onion Dip with hand cut potato chips. The rest of the menu offers plenty of variety with a small section of pastas, steaks, and a selection of sides like Smoked Mushrooms with celery root, sorrel, and pecan gremolata. Dishes built for sharing include the Whole Trout with roasted cauliflower, toasted almond, capers, and brown butter and a 12 oz Berkshire Pork Tomahawk.

“This new iteration of Mary Eddy’s celebrates the golden age of American dining,” said Patton. “I wanted to reintroduce classic dishes but add some elements of surprise and keep ingredients and flavors that speak to our region. There’s also an element of theater that speaks to a different era. For example, the saffron broth on the scallops dish is poured tableside and the presentation of the tomahawk steak is a showstopper.”

The new Mary Eddy’s experience also includes an extensive lounge area where guests can stop in to enjoy a drink or a full dinner. The beverage menu was conceptualized to harmonize with the food, from cocktails to wines. The cocktail list is anchored by a new take on the classic martini, with locally made gin and finished with a house-marinated olive. The wine list is filled with elegant wines that pair with the food rather than overwhelm it and made by a diverse group of winemakers.

“Our beverage team has put a lot of thought into all things drinkable,” said Kyle Kern, Food & Beverage Director at Mary Eddy’s Dining Room. “With wines that showcase grower-producers, imaginative cocktails that take on the classics with the perfect amount of whimsy, and beers all chosen from our local brewing neighbors, there is something for everyone to explore.”

Mary Eddy’s Dining Room will be open for dinner Wednesday – Thursday 5:00 – 10:00 pm and Friday and Saturday 5:00 – 11:00 pm. To join the conversation, connect at Facebook.com/MaryEddysOKC, and on Instagram @MaryEddysOKC. For more information, or for reservations and hours, visit www.MaryEddysOKC.com or call 405.982.6960.

21c OKC is celebrating the reopening of Mary Eddy’s with a special package that includes overnight accommodations, a $100 dining credit to Mary Eddy’s Dining Room, overnight valet, and a late check out of 1:00 p.m. To book, call the front desk at 405.982.6900 or book online.

Where are the links to the new menus?

Quote Originally Posted by burlap View Post
    Where are the links to the new menus?
    https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...80#post1184980

Work has started installing a small pool in the former outdoor bar area that was rarely used:

Today (Thursday 7/21) is the opening of the new Pool Bar.

What they call the Bodega is already open between this area and Mary Eddy's. It's a coffee place with pastries.

The Pool Bar will eventually serve lunch and a small menu, but as of today, it will only offer drinks.

The Bodega is open early every day and the Pool Bar will open at 4PM and stay open until late.

This looks killer. I may have missed it, but is this pool open to bar patrons or only hotel guests?

I noticed a lot of social media advertising for this place. It should be a hit! The patio that was here prior was essentially never used.

I am curious how they are planning to handle capacity [for the pool area], I would bet Fri-Sun afternoons to be pretty wild here early on.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    This looks killer. I may have missed it, but is this pool open to bar patrons or only hotel guests?
    Hotel guests for the first month, everyone after that.

Not only was that patio never used, but the back half of what was Mary Eddy's was also mostly vacant as well.

They spent a lot of money on moving the restaurant to the front of the space along May, and now have added Bodega in the middle and Pool Bar in the back part of the space along with the pool.

All of those spaces are gorgeous and done to a very high standard. 21c is such a showpiece for OKC and now more locals will be drawn in.

20. Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

development in west downtown has been incredible. Look at that first pic, you wouldn't even know that was Oklahoma City until you saw the Police HQ in the upper right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Oklahoma City, the RENAISSANCE CITY!

21. Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

^^^

If you know which window to zoom in on you might be able to see me in that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hotel guests for the first month, everyone after that.
    Wow. This will be off the hook.

23. Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel

Walked over and got a coffee and a sandwich for lunch today at the Bodega.

The pastrami sandwich was pretty tasty and the coffee wasn't bad either..... Maybe just slightly high on the $$ for what it was but not so high that when I need a coffee and a quick meal in a pinch that it will keep me from walking over there and getting one..... Will probably frequent Clarity when I just need the coffee and no food still.

My only real complaint has nothing to do with 21C but with the two A$$****S that decided to speed up when they saw me in the crosswalk rather than yield to me like they are supposed to. Kind of surprised the flashing pedestrian lights like they have on Sheridan have never been installed on Main.

This has been a long time coming due to very slow bookings...

21c is pulling out of OKC and the hotel will be managed by a group out of Dallas called Axiom.

They are hoping to have similar art displays through loans from the Fred Jones museum at OU:

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news...r/70227016007/

According to the Oklahoman, they have hard time to get business traveler bookings. I think it is due to their affiliation with Accor instead of one of the big American 3.

Accor is big worldwide but very limited in the USA. I think business traveler favorize the same group over and over.

Plus the location a bit off downtown does not help.

Thread Information