Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fordson Hotel (formerly 21c Museum Hotel)

Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel considering OKC

Wanted to make sure everyone saw this:

The Cincinnati 21c was recently named the #1 hotel in the U.S. and #11 internationally: LINK

21c Museum Hotel in Cincinnati has been named the #1 hotel in the United States and #11 worldwide in the prestigious Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards, with 21c Museum Hotel Louisville ranking #8 in the country and #46 in the world and 21c Museum Hotel Bentonville debuting at #11 in the country and #75 internationally. The awards appear in the November issue and are the results of the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice survey with an unprecedented 1.3 million votes cast this year by nearly 80,000 participants.

Blog Entries

It's a shame this couldn't be done to First National...

If this is true and the do come to OKC and they do choose Hotel Black as a location, I definitely think it could be top 5. That area alone will set a great vibe. Possibility of 2 new towers and the new Devon Tower, the Myriad Gardens, in the not to distant future the convention center will be just a walk through the park, as well as the Thunder games, the arts festival, a new school.... everything happening there might make Hotel Black the best location for a new hotel in the entire city. Especially a hotel of this caliber!

^

Yes, this all makes perfect sense.

Besides all of that, along with the Stage Center Tower, it would also create a very important bridge between the CBD and the western part of downtown, especially Film Row.

I really think that area (west) is going to take off in the very near future.

"I'm keeping a close eye on One North Hudson, the former Hotel Black - is something wonderful ahead for it?" -@Stevelackmeyer

Tweet from Steve this morning

This would be fantastic.

7. Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel considering OKC

I hope so too Pete.

I've heard the Fred Jones building is another possibility but that is so far removed from everything else it seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I've heard the Fred Jones building is another possibility but that is so far removed from everything else it seems unlikely.
    My understanding o fthe Fred Jones building is that they 1) don't want to let go of actual ownership, and 2) want the building to be used for something educational/non-profit/community enhancement (ie...small business incubator), wtc. Not sure something this for profit and commercial would fit into what I guess/suspect is their vision for this property.

How many rooms did the Hotel Black originally have? The reason I ask is the Cincy 21c Museum Hotel has 156 rooms, the Bentonville hotel has 104 rooms and the Louisville hotel has 90 rooms. Would this be somewhere in the middle of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    My understanding o fthe Fred Jones building is that they 1) don't want to let go of actual ownership, and 2) want the building to be used for something educational/non-profit/community enhancement (ie...small business incubator), wtc. Not sure something this for profit and commercial would fit into what I guess/suspect is their vision for this property.
    I believe there is something in the works for this, but do to the initial purpose of the building things can take longer for a change of hands to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    How many rooms did the Hotel Black originally have? The reason I ask is the Cincy 21c Museum Hotel has 156 rooms, the Bentonville hotel has 104 rooms and the Louisville hotel has 90 rooms. Would this be somewhere in the middle of that?
    If the amount of Hotel Black rooms is somewhat smaller and this company has used historic buildings and built new digs, would it not be viable for them to combine both concepts? Also, they can move the art that lines the walls of the Stage Center.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    If the amount of Hotel Black rooms is somewhat smaller and this company has used historic buildings and built new digs, would it not be viable for them to combine both concepts? Also, they can move the art that lines the walls of the Stage Center.
    I have no clue how much room you need for a hotel room but the floors here at One N Hudson are approx. 3300-3500 sq feet per floor for floors 2-9. The tenth floor has a staircase up to the atrium on top that takes some of the square footage away. There is also a full basement and the annex that is attached on the west side that adds additional space and it has a second floor.
    Last edited by Jeepnokc; 11-20-2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: incomplete sentence

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by musg8411 View Post
    I believe there is something in the works for this, but do to the initial purpose of the building things can take longer for a change of hands to occur.
    You're saying there's something in the works for the Fred Jones Building?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I have no clue how much room you need for a hotel room but the floors here at One N Hudson are approx. 3300-3500 sq feet per floor for floors 2-9. The tenth floor has a staircase up to the atrium on top that takes some of the square footage away. There is also a full basement and the annex that is attached on the west side that adds additional space and it has a second floor.
    So the hotel would probably be on floors 2-9 with the atrium area hosting the restaurant and rooftop bar and the annex for the museum, spa, other amenities. They have several different kinds of rooms at the Bentonville hotel that run 375-475 sq ft so that would put eight or so on each floor (including hallways, ice machine, etc) and that would make it a 64 room hotel. Seems a little small unless they use a lot of other space for the room and the atrium level for hotel room suites.

Also, Preftakes owns the buildings next door so room to grow or demolish and build more space directly west. They could get some rooms on the second floor of the annex,

The Colcord has 110,000 square feet and 108 rooms.

The main part of One North Hudson (not including the smaller building to the west) is about 55,000 sf.

The Colcord has 110,000 square feet and 108 rooms.

The main part of One North Hudson (not including the smaller building to the west) is about 55,000 sf.
    Wow, I didn't realize the Colcord was so much bigger.

19. Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel considering OKC

One North Hudson has a lot of additional land to expand to the west....

Yep, the two smaller buildings immediately west of One North Hudson are not historical, and then there is large lot between those and the bus station.

Just heard AGAIN that the location for this hotel may be the Fred Jones Building.

Doesn't make sense but it's from people I trust.

Just heard AGAIN that the location for this hotel may be the Fred Jones Building.

Doesn't make sense but it's from people I trust.
    That would be big, only because it's tying in and expanding the western side of downtown and adding momentum toward the Farmer's Market area.

23. Default Re: 21c Museum Hotel considering OKC

I would be SHOCKED to ever see the Fred Jones building change hands. The Hall family holds Mr. Jones' legacy very dear, and he not only worked in that building on the Model T assembly line as a young man but later bought that building from Henry Ford himself. It's much more than a real estate investment property to them (of which they have plenty of others). I believe we can/will see something great there one day, but I doubt it will involve transfer of ownership. Does anyone recall whether the proposed/abandoned OCU Law relocation to that building involved lease or purchase? I'm betting the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I would be SHOCKED to ever see the Fred Jones building change hands. The Hall family holds Mr. Jones' legacy very dear, and he not only worked in that building on the Model T assembly line as a young man but later bought that building from Henry Ford himself. It's much more than a real estate investment property to them (of which they have plenty of others). I believe we can/will see something great there one day, but I doubt it will involve transfer of ownership. Does anyone recall whether the proposed/abandoned OCU Law relocation to that building involved lease or purchase? I'm betting the former.
    I believe you are correct, it was going to be a lease.

Could the auto hotel be converted to be additional hotel space?

Thread Information