Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 LastLast

Thread: In-n-Out Burger

Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Maybe I'm the odd man out here, but for whatever it's worth, I haven't noticed any decline in the flavor/quality of the items I typically order from Whataburger. Not discounting the experiences reported in here, but maybe I'm not getting the same things y'all are getting? I'm usually going for the Patty Melt, the Sweet & Spicy Bacon burger, or a bacon & cheese Whataburger, and those all taste just like they used to - to me at least. Same with the fries and onion rings. I'm also a big fan of the chili cheeseburger lto they currently have. Breakfast is just as good as it always has been too - especially since they brought back the jalapeno cheddar biscuits. The only thing that's been really off to me since the sale has been service; with few exceptions, it just takes forever to get my orders nowadays even if I order online.

That said, I'd welcome In-n-Out if they came to OKC without hesitation. They do make a darn tasty fast-food burger, even if it's not my top favorite... and it'd be nice to have the option.
    I was going to post a similar comment. I don't go to WB very often now, but used to go weekly, but the burgers I've had recently have been just as good as ever. I almost always go to the location on Penn, near Memorial, and that's always been a good one. Very consistent food and service, for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    In and Out have good burgers but their fries are trash
    I think their fries are awesome. I like the plain or animal style. Their shakes are amazing as well.

3. Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

There's people on here who keep saying this place is bad or I wont go - so therefore it shouldn't come to OKC. However, the sign if a great city is one that has CHOICES. YOU may not like it or may not go but that doesnt mean somebody else wont. Furthermore, as a growing tourist destination it is great for OKC to have a few familiar places that visitors can feel comfortable with OR view OKC as an up and coming place.

I'd put In N Out, Shake Shack, and Culvers in that category of "must haves" for the in-crowd cities. Sure, there's MUCH better burger joints in OKC but having that cache of national restaurants elevates okc just llike having an NBA team does (well - maybe not exactly but you get the idea). Choices!

In-in-Out just opened their first location in Idaho with two more coming. Also announced that they will be expanding into New Mexico by 2027

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boop View Post
    In and Out have good burgers but their fries are trash
    That’s funny because their fresh hand cut fries are one of the main reasons the chain is so popular. Same with 5 Guys in the east. Because you prefer another type of fries doesn’t make them “trash”. That just seems like hyperbole when someone thinks their taste represents everyone’s taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    That’s funny because their fresh hand cut fries are one of the main reasons the chain is so popular. Same with 5 Guys in the east. Because you prefer another type of fries doesn’t make them “trash”. That just seems like hyperbole when someone thinks their taste represents everyone’s taste.
    i find it funny because i'm the exact opposite from him as well. the fries are the only reason i will occasionally go to In-n-Out. i would rather have a braums burger over theirs.

IN-N-Out will open next to the new arena in 2030. Count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by HOT ROD View Post
    There's people on here who keep saying this place is bad or I wont go - so therefore it shouldn't come to OKC. However, the sign if a great city is one that has CHOICES. YOU may not like it or may not go but that doesnt mean somebody else wont. Furthermore, as a growing tourist destination it is great for OKC to have a few familiar places that visitors can feel comfortable with OR view OKC as an up and coming place.

I'd put In N Out, Shake Shack, and Culvers in that category of "must haves" for the in-crowd cities. Sure, there's MUCH better burger joints in OKC but having that cache of national restaurants elevates okc just llike having an NBA team does (well - maybe not exactly but you get the idea). Choices!
    I don't really see why In-N-Out, Shake Shack, and Culvers are considered must-haves. When people travel to different cities, will the majority of them opt for the most popular local restaurants or acclaimed chefs? A thriving local food scene is much more attractive to foodies; that's why cities like Portland, OR, or Asheville, NC, receive the rave reviews they deserve.

9. Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

I just want it for the name. I don’t care if I get to eat it again but I just want the validation lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Oski View Post
    I don't really see why In-N-Out, Shake Shack, and Culvers are considered must-haves. When people travel to different cities, will the majority of them opt for the most popular local restaurants or acclaimed chefs? A thriving local food scene is much more attractive to foodies; that's why cities like Portland, OR, or Asheville, NC, receive the rave reviews they deserve.
    I think most travellers that are driving prefer somehing familiar and are not per se "foodies". More people are transitting OKC on 40 and 35 then OKC being the end destination. Not the same dynamic as either Portland or Asheville.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    More likely at freeway off ramps than in urban area. Shake Shack way more likely.

It’ll be nice when you’re drunk and want a decent burger.

13. Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

In-N-Out is the best!! Can’t wait till we see one here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    More likely at freeway off ramps than in urban area. Shake Shack way more likely.
    Yep they'll be at the outlet mall or memorial road before they'll be downtown, unless downtown get some restaurants that will stick

15. Default Re: In-n-Out Burger

Quote Originally Posted by JDSooners View Post
    Yep they'll be at the outlet mall or memorial road before they'll be downtown, unless downtown get some restaurants that will stick
    Doubt the outlet mall unless the area around the outlet mall does a complete 180. The viable locations atm for Okc (if they ever come) are the areas around Penn Square or Quail or both (so Memorial). All you have to do is look to their footprints outside of California to determine this. They are in high traffic area with little to no crime- think more of destination locations.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    And if its not, we would be still talking about it for almost 20 years at that point.

I've tried In-N-Out 3-4 times, it's OK, I don't see what the hype is all about. I've had better burgers at local places in Norman and OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    I've tried In-N-Out 3-4 times, it's OK, I don't see what the hype is all about. I've had better burgers at local places in Norman and OKC.
    That is my thought about Whataburger. They are ok but have a cult following also. I do like In-n-out though and will visit one when in Texas but certainly not going to wait in huge lines or drive across town for. Now The Halal Guys...... my wife and kids are in Dallas today and they took the yeti to bring hot Halal Guys home. FYI...8 platters will fit in a yeti and will still be hot after the drive from Dallas to OKC. Pro-tip.....just have the platters made with all rice and no salad so the salad doesn't get gross.

https://thehalalguys.com/ Their sauces are amazing and the hot sauce is incredibly hot.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    what "local" fast food places exist in Norman and OKC that have better burgers?? ... because that is what IN-n-Out is FAST FOOD>.... they don't try or claim to be anything else ..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    In-in-Out just opened their first location in Idaho with two more coming. Also announced that they will be expanding into New Mexico by 2027
    I wonder if you will bwe able to get a green chile In-in-Out burger!!!!

In-N-Out is good. I don't understand people who have super intense opinions on fast food places in general. It's not a life changing experience or anything but its very tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    In-N-Out9 is good. I don't understand people who have super intense opinions on fast food places in general. It's not a life changing experience or anything but its very tasty.
    I'm guessing it has more to do with "validation". Same with Buc-ees

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    In-N-Out is good. I don't understand people who have super intense opinions on fast food places in general. It's not a life changing experience or anything but its very tasty.
    Completely agree. In-n-Out is just that, fast food. It's simply a matter of having another place to have lunch, instead of having the same stuff, or making my own food. It's not a matter of In-n-Out being better or worse than Braums or Whataburger or Wendy's or something local. It's just having something different as well as finally getting a big national name into our city/area.

Plus, it's easy. In-n-Out is food, so if you don't like it, just...don't get it. I, for one, would love to have it here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    I'm guessing it has more to do with "validation". Same with Buc-ees
    Bucees is worth getting worked up for.... at least the BBQ sandwiches.

Quote Originally Posted by Colbafone View Post
    It's just having something different as well as finally getting a big national name into our city/area.
    The irony is that the bigger and more national it is, the less "validation" there is for having one. I think maybe only one or two fast food restaurants in the top 30 by location doesn't have a location here.

With about 400 locations in 7 states, In N Out isn't that big, relatively, and isn't national.

Thread Information