Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 33rd and Boulevard

Default Re: 33rd and Boulevard

They don't want to be set so far back off the intersection, as they would have to be at 15th & Bryant.

But, that proposed Spring Creek development is one of the locations being considered by Fresh Market.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Also, the OKC store has way out-performed the original Tulsa location and continues to rack up huge numbers even though it's been open 2.5 years now.
    How do sales compare to the newer south Tulsa store that is a similar size? The Brookside WF is small, though I've heard they want to expand it.

Edmond makes sense for WF though, just a matter of time. Norman would likely be the third metro location.

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    How do sales compare to the newer south Tulsa store that is a similar size? The Brookside WF is small, though I've heard they want to expand it.

Edmond makes sense for WF though, just a matter of time. Norman would likely be the third metro location.
    Don't know how the far South Tulsa WF location is faring. But keep in mind, the one OKC location is small as well.

You may have not seen further upthread where I said the WF broker is working on an Edmond location but will probably sign a deal somewhere near Memorial first.

But I'm sure they'll eventually get to Norman or Moore.

There is not enough space in the center on the SE Corner of this intersection for a Whole Foods.

I just spoke to the broker who is trying to lease the big center on the SW corner (Edmond Marketplace) and she told me that Whole Foods turned down their location (a 40,000 square foot vacancy perfect sized for them) because they want to be somewhere around 2nd & Bryant in Edmond.

So the SW corner is the one having major renovation work done, but it hasn't been leased yet? Looks like they're doing fairly specific work on the side facing Blvd, but maybe it's not as specific as I thought if nobody's leased it yet...

^

Edmond Marketplace (SW corner) is trying to get an anchor tenant for that 40,000 SF space and won't have much luck leasing the smaller spaces until they do.

Here are some photos of whats going on.

6/15/2014

A few pictures of what is going on in the interior

The parking lot. Some nice landscaping

While they are doing a significant remodel here, I still wish they'd reconfigure the parking to (1) have more landscaping and trees including building barriers and medians in between the parking rows (2) pour cement(stays cooler, lasts longer, and looks better) (3) add some protected sidewalks down the center of the parking lot (4) add new buildings taking up a parcel or two along 33rd

somebody is spending some money, hopefully it will be something pretty good for Edmond

I remember when the Delta Cafe was the original Edmond Johnnies location.

Good for whomever is doing this. That shopping center was totally 1980s...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Heard a rumor that Whole Foods will be going into the large space at SW/C of 33rd and Boulevard.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    Heard a rumor that Whole Foods will be going into the large space at SW/C of 33rd and Boulevard.
    This was discussed up thread about a month ago.

I actually talked to the broker who reps Whole Foods and they told me they have turned down that site and prefer to be somewhere around 2nd & Bryant, because they also hope to put another location near Quail Springs and want some separation.

I'll double check to see if anything has changed.

This was discussed up thread about a month ago.

I actually talked to the broker who reps Whole Foods and they told me they have turned down that site and prefer to be somewhere around 2nd & Bryant, because they also hope to put another location near Quail Springs and want some separation.

I'll double check to see if anything has changed.
    the need to level that entire shopping center and rebuild from the ground up. Waaaaaaaay too much surface parking and am outdated piece of crap building. This is good for the area

I think we should rename this thread "Edmond Market Place"
    This is going to be a really nice shopping center and I am excited to see who all is going to go in there.

Any idea yet what is going in?

Whatever it is, they're in no hurry.

I'm still hearing whole foods for this site....

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
    I'm still hearing whole foods for this site....
    Whole Foods is not going to happen. Unfortunately.. Natural Grocers or Fresh Market is a likely a possibility.
    From inside sources

It would make a lot of sense. The owners have certainly poured a lot of money to transform that location into one of nicest looking strip centers that I've seen in this area. It definitely looks like it's going to be for retail and not any alternative use such as a call center or church. When I lived in Arlington, TX, years ago, Whole Foods made a move into a renovated strip center that eerily looks like this one and that was in a very similar demographic area.

I mentioned before that I spoke to the real estate broker who represents Whole Foods in OKC and they don't like that location and want to be further north in Edmond, as they are are likely to open a location near Quail Springs as well.

All the retail brokers I know have said Whole Foods is not going in at either center at that intersection.

I did come across this which is labeled as Edmond Marketplace.

Current Projects | DHFrench

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I did come across this which is labeled as Edmond Marketplace.

Current Projects | DHFrench
    I wonder if a tenant is lined up but just hasn't been announced or if this is pretty much a spec center waiting to be leased.

Yeah, I'm thinking it's just going to be space for lease.

9/10/2014

The parking lot could use an overhaul too.

amen to that

The outside facade of this looks like a major mid-to-high end grocery chain like you typically see in other cities. To me, it seems like they've done an awful lot to not already have a tenant lined up.

Thread Information