Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round Up Pizza

Default Round Up Pizza

I haven't been there in years but did it close down?

Default Re: Round Up Pizza

Last time I was there was about a year ago, the place was just filthy and the food was terrible. it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Garin View Post
    Last time I was there was about a year ago, the place was just filthy and the food was terrible. it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was closed.
    If you're talking about the one on 29th in Del City, no, its not closed. Friend of mine actually still goes there and brings back a pile of pretty darned disgusting food. Pity the place used to be a Shakey's.

Really wow what a change from the days that I would eat there with the family. The last time I drove by I notice something on the door but I'm always on my way to work or something or other and don't have time stop in see what it says.

Growing up I went here every weekend with my Father, it was kinda our thing together and had great memories there.

Quote Originally Posted by dmoor82 View Post
    Growing up I went here every weekend with my Father, it was kinda our thing together and had great memories there.
    Is that when Round Up was on Douglas? At the location presently occupied by Lupe's?

Quote Originally Posted by Head View Post
    Is that when Round Up was on Douglas? At the location presently occupied by Lupe's?
    I'm only 31, the SE 29th st. Location is the one I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles_07 View Post
    Really wow what a change from the days that I would eat there with the family. The last time I drove by I notice something on the door but I'm always on my way to work or something or other and don't have time stop in see what it says.
    Prolly a warning from the Oklahoma Department of Health.

I went their with my dad. The food was okay until I went to the restroom. It was disgusting in there. Smelled like an outhouse in there. Really. Made me really take a look around at the whole place. FILTHY. I couldn't stand another bite after that.

Why don't owners of eating places clean off the salt and pepper shakers daily?

I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't get shut down by the health department. On the other hand, if they were really doing their job it wouldn't be allowed to be open and be that bad.

We used to go there for the french fried potatoes and the fried chicken. However, we stopped going after our last visit. The quality has just dropped. It's not the place it used to be.

Looks like its finally being torn down. Anyone hear an rumors as to what might be going in.

Quote Originally Posted by DCEAGLE View Post
    Looks like its finally being torn down. Anyone hear an rumors as to what might be going in.
    I would not be surprised if it is Mazzio's, the Mazzio's across the street does not have a sit down place

That Mazzios was meant to be that way. Drive thru and carry out only.

Spectracide Pizza

The Long Johns next door has also closed. The doors and windows have been covered with plywood. The pizza at Round Up was always a step above Tony’s or Red Barron not all that great but edible. We mainly went for the fried chicken and sliced fried potatoes. They were good up until around 2008. I think it finally shut down after the owner was shot during a robbery.

16. Default Re: Round Up Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeabee View Post
    The Long Johns next door has also closed. The doors and windows have been covered with plywood. The pizza at Round Up was always a step above Tony’s or Red Barron not all that great but edible. We mainly went for the fried chicken and sliced fried potatoes. They were good up until around 2008. I think it finally shut down after the owner was shot during a robbery.
    Fried chicken and nachos!

I'm really not sure what the draw was for my friends and I.... Probably more of a nostalgia thing since we had been going there since we were kids/teens.... Because yeah, the food wasn't anything special.

He actually continued to run it for several years after the robbery but you could tell he wasn't the same.

17. Default Re: Round Up Pizza

This is not even on the same level of sad as Don's Alley closing.

18. Default Re: Round Up Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by bombermwc View Post
    No need to even make it a contest.... It's sad that Del City lost two long standing, locally owned, establishments.

Mid-Del Re: Round Up Pizza

Correct me if I’m wrong. Don’s was a more of destination place you knew about it because you ate there regularly or you worked, lived or grew up in the Mid-Del area. I also would guess they did well until COVID hit and fell off. It was probably going to take awhile/was taking awhile to bring back the main customers. Either that or they just decided it was time to retire as many small businesses are doing these days. I noticed City Express the auto shop on 15th across from Walmart shut down. Their Facebook page said a restaurant or something similar was going to replace it. They were taking the building down to be used elsewhere.

20. Default Re: Round Up Pizza

Correct, but i was just commenting on that as another local establishment that people enjoyed. Personally, i stayed as far away from RoundUp as possible. But others did like it.

Being a local restaurant is tough business. It's very difficult to have a long-term success, and especially around here where the eating scene has changed so dramatically in the last 20 years. Think of how Chequer's in MWC was THE place to eat for so so so long. Now, after the fire, there's a question if it will come back at all and in fact they are opening something up in Harrah of all places.

21. Default Re: Round Up Pizza

Casa Juanito is one of the couple of hold outs that have been there forever.... I've heard Mandarin is still only doing takeout and has not reopened their dining room.

22. Default Re: Round Up Pizza

^^^^^^^^
    That was still the case at Mandarin last time I did a pickup there, though that was admittedly probably six months ago or maybe even more.

Correct, but i was just commenting on that as another local establishment that people enjoyed. Personally, i stayed as far away from RoundUp as possible. But others did like it.

Being a local restaurant is tough business. It's very difficult to have a long-term success, and especially around here where the eating scene has changed so dramatically in the last 20 years. Think of how Chequer's in MWC was THE place to eat for so so so long. Now, after the fire, there's a question if it will come back at all and in fact they are opening something up in Harrah of all places.
    I think Chequers is done. They had a real estate sign out front as of a few days ago.

Per the Constructions company website its going to be a Dental Depot.

25. Default Re: Round Up Pizza

Per the Constructions company website its going to be a Dental Depot.
    What is? Round Up? That doesn't make sense with the other one only a mile away.

Thread Information