Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mathis Brothers

Default Re: Huge new Mathis Brothers distribution center

Hobby Lobby would be able to hold a number of these buildings. It's going to be about 2 million square foot. That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing what this will look like when complete. It looks to be a pretty fancy warehouse building from the plans. I look at the progress every day on my way to work.

MB already has most of the east wall up now since that picture was taken a day ago. This will be a good way to fuel the expansion of their Sleep Center stores. I noticed there is a new one going in near Warren in Moore. I had never even heard of them until I went to the outlet mall and saw one there.

What I'm unsure of is how I didn't notice the framing going up for the building. I drive by it every day on my way to work at I-40 and Meridian and last had noticed only the concrete slabs. *I'm slow lately*

Moving quickly

9/24/2014

Blog Entries

Had to run a friend to work at UPS this week; Mathis Brothers has quite a huge distribution center under construction just north of I-40 on Portland which appears to be on schedule.

"Oklahoma City looks oh-so pretty... ...as I get my kicks on Route 66." --Nat King Cole.

That's the one we're talking about

How is this coming along?

Should be close to finished.

If anyone could snag a photo it would be greatly appreciated.

It looks really good. I would say most if not all the outside is done.

They were painting exterior last week, looked about 90% done. I'm not sure if all the roof is on yet, but definitely the exterior walls and windows are up.

It's huge. Dwarfs the entire area.

Had more to do on the outside than I remembered.
    Haha it came out upside down so I'll had to fix when I get to a computer later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	10600  
    Last edited by hfry; 04-07-2015 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Bad picture

Thanks to hfry for the photos... Holy heck this thing is a monster:

Huge, kind of looks like a showroom with all the windows. The one store does 8 million a month in sales.

They should be able to fit a lot of matresses in there.

Default Re: Mathis Brothers

Mathis Brothers constructing mega-complex

In 2014, OKCTalk was first to report that Mathis Brothers in Oklahoma City was set to start work on a massive new distribution center.

The opening of the 325,000 square foot center directly west of their flagship showroom at 3434 W. Reno meant the existing loading and warehouse facility adjoining the retail store was no longer needed.

Now, the company has started work on converting that old space into a huge 178,000 square foot addition to the showroom as well as a new Ashley Furniture Store and a Mathis Sleep Center.

The existing 2-level showroom will double as work has already started on the addition.

A building permit shows a value of $9 million not including furniture, fixtures and equipment, which will likely result in an investment of close to $20 million.

The new distribution center had a $16 million price tag.

Mathis operates 5 furniture stores and 14 sleep centers in Oklahoma, Texas, California and Arkansas.

Mathis is also the Oklahoma franchisee for Ashley HomeStores, with 2 in the Oklahoma City area and 3 in and around Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Mathis Brothers constructing mega-complex

In 2014, OKCTalk was first to report that Mathis Brothers in Oklahoma City was set to start work on a massive new distribution center.

The opening of the 325,000 square foot center directly west of their flagship showroom at 3434 W. Reno meant the existing loading and warehouse facility adjoining the retail store was no longer needed.

Now, the company has started work on converting that old space into a huge 178,000 square foot addition to the showroom as well as a new Ashley Furniture Store and a Mathis Sleep Center.

The existing 2-level showroom will double as work has already started on the addition.

A building permit shows a value of $9 million not including furniture, fixtures and equipment, which will likely result in an investment of close to $20 million.

The new distribution center had a $16 million price tag.

Mathis operates 5 furniture stores and 14 sleep centers in Oklahoma, Texas, California and Arkansas.

Mathis is also the Oklahoma franchisee for Ashley HomeStores, with 2 in the Oklahoma City area and 3 in and around Tulsa.
    Assuming they own the building the land where the current outlet and sleep center are behind their distribution center, they now have plenty of room for future expansion of that building if they need to by moving these all to the main building. Not sure they need that space yet, but I'm sure at this pace they eventually will need it.

^^^ I believe they do own those, plus Grahams and the Conoco store across the street on the corner.

Thread Information