Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Pipeline @ Fritts Farm

Default Re: The Pipeline @ Fritts Farm

Quote Originally Posted by Goon View Post
    Not really. This site has grown organically into something many in the construction/design industry view as regular reading.

With the prevalance of social media and the way information is consumed by the public, I think it is much more likely Jason or someone he is affiliated with saw the project mentioned and decided to respond before this thread devolved into a one-sided manifesto against "non-urban" design.

that said, as a resident of SWOKC I'm exicted about the continued development of Fritt's farm, and am appreciative of the long-term investment Jason and his family have made to the area.
    I'm not saying it's weird he's on this site; I'm saying it's weird he is attacking someone who criticized his development on a forum website, which is to be expected. I too want to become a developer one day, like Jason Fritts and I wish him the best on this and I will likely support there and support him. I have nothing against him, just seemed a little fishy what the user under his name said and it arose some questions. Either way, I'll take his word for it, not trying to start anything here.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    My point was there is no design to out-smart congestion... You simply have an area built for automobile access and not very easy walking... So in order to go to Chicken Express and Target in the same trip ... You have to drive between them... Increasing congestion.
    Oh, I see what you mean. Makes sense in a way. I still think we can make traffic flow smoother than it is. Adding round-a-bouts on low traffic streets seems like a no brainer to me, so it would be nice to see more take this approach.

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Oh, I see what you mean. Makes sense in a way. I still think we can make traffic flow smoother than it is. Adding round-a-bouts on low traffic streets seems like a no brainer to me, so it would be nice to see more take this approach.
    By designing for the automobile, congestion becomes inevitable. However, Oklahoma has a real gift for exacerbating such problems.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    By designing for the automobile, congestion becomes inevitable. However, Oklahoma has a real gift for exacerbating such problems.
    I agree and it is almost like people here think that when a new highway is built, they are going to be the only one driving on it and can't figure out why there are others on the highway and get mad because of it lol

On the news this morning:

1) Software firm to build facility in this development with 150 jobs.

2) Site plan approved by Moore

HangryHippo Guest

On the news this morning:

1) Software firm to build facility in this development with 150 jobs.

2) Site plan approved by Moore
    Any idea who the software firm is?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Any idea who the software firm is?
    Not sure. Hope they pay good. Hard to attract young talent from out of state to Suburbia, USA.

Moore Monthly posted this earlier.

News | Moore Monthly

The success of this development will be dependent on the architectural design, pedestrian friendliness, and the software company office development. However, if they want this to be a live, work, play environment lose some parking spaces, and don't promote as a retail destination, but as livable mixed use community.

Looking forward to this!

Not sure. Hope they pay good. Hard to attract young talent from out of state to Suburbia, USA.
    Computer-Rx. They are relocating from South OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    I wanted to comment in here because I visited 19th street this weekend. I do enjoy all the variety of retail that is in the area, but it has just became so congested. This has more to do with 19th street and on/off ramps of I35 than anything, but quite frankly it's terrible. Traffic gets so backed up on the service roads that it can take 20 minutes to go from Kohls on the westside, to JCPenney's on the east. Now I use that as an example because I used the service roads to get from the first to the second. Of course back tracking and going up Telephone then over and not using the service roads may be faster, but it seems that you hit about 3 more stoplights. It all just seems a jumbled mess.

I'm curious with all new projects at Fritts Farm if anything is going to be done about getting around this area. The addition of all the Retail at Fritts has dramatically increased the traffic and essentially made the situation worse. I'd like to see this area continue to have success cause I think it's got a lot of things going, but I'd hate to see it push people away because of bad traffic and congestion.
    Just curious, what do you think the solution is? What if they had built one or two large structured parking garages, installed a grid street network, and made all the shopping into a traditional Main St so that you could park once and walk to all the stores? I-240 rehabbers - are you paying attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    Just curious, what do you think the solution is? What if they had built one or two large structured parking garages, installed a grid street network, and made all the shopping into a traditional Main St so that you could park once and walk to all the stores? I-240 rehabbers - are you paying attention?
    You know I'm not really familiar with road construction or what eases/causes road congestion, but I do know that this area seems to always be congested. I do think your idea would make it easier, the problem is much of the retail is spread out, so I'm not sure this is practical. There is around 4 different shopping areas with big parking lots that you can park in and walk to many different places, but unfortunately there isn't a one spot fits all, and I'm not sure how you could have got one.

Too bad this development couldn't have been done near Main and Broadway so it would have access to a future rail station and where on-street parking, electric, water, sewer, and streets already exist. Think how much money that would have saved. With a TIF in downtown Moore a shared common parking structure could have also been built.

Was wondering if this was still happening but when i took a closer look the roundabout that was planned opened almost 2 years ago excited to see where the Fritts farm area goes next.

Thread Information