Widgets Magazine
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If you could have ONE restaurant come to OKC what it would be?

Default Re: If you could have ONE restaurant come to OKC what it would be?

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    It has been pointed out previously that you are incorrect about upscale national establishments always opening up in Tulsa first.
    Pappeadaux is a pretty big deal and considering the fact that Tulsa already has other upscale seafood restaurants and OKC doesn't makes it an even bigger deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Pappeadaux is a pretty big deal and considering the fact that Tulsa already has other upscale seafood restaurants and OKC doesn't makes it an even bigger deal.
    Which doesn't change my point at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Which doesn't change my point at all.
    I am not going to derail the thread by bringing up a list of the countless retailers already in and/or announced for Tulsa. This is a HUGE win for Tulsa however. Pappadeaux doesn't usually do small cities so its unlikely there will ever be an OKC location. As a matter of fact it really surprises me they are going to Tulsa.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    I am not going to derail the thread by bringing up a list of the countless retailers already in and/or announced for Tulsa. This is a HUGE win for Tulsa however. Pappadeaux doesn't usually do small cities so its unlikely there will ever be an OKC location. As a matter of fact it really surprises me they are going to Tulsa.
    Thank you for not derailing the thread and my point is still entirely correct as has been pointed by a number of posters, including Pete.

They are welcome to them. I'm keepin it local.

Prunepicker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Where is the "LIKE" option? I don't like the new attributes of OKC Talk.

In the mean time LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE!

I don't mind change. I just don't like being there when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    Being in a landlocked state, we are not likely to get a local fresh seafood restaurant that compares to what you can get on the coast. That's why everything here except for Red Lobster is of the cajun/fried variety. It will have to be a chain that fills the niche. I agree...lets keep it local on most genres, but seafood is different because of our location.

We'll see how the Good Egg group's new seafood restaurant is. Meanwhile, Rococco does a mean crab cake and I've tried a lot of them. Also, having recently eaten freshly caught fish in Bora Bora, I might eschew seafood not right off the boat altogether.

Tarantino's Restaurant Fisherman's Wharf

Tarantino's Full Menu of Seafood specialties - YouTube

Whats the status on the Pappadeaux in Tulsa? Anything official yet?

Bump

I would normally say Mortons and it is still my favorite go to restaurant but since they were bought by Landry's last year, it has lost some of the Old Chicago basement steakhouse feel. Still the best key lime pie and crabcakes I have had anywhere. I agree that the steaks at Red Prime are as good but different vibe. Imagine Juniors being taken up a notch in sophistication and adding red prime's food. I like the feel of Red Prime also but prefer the vibe of Mortons' I am hoping the chophouse that is coming has an old school feel to it.

Let's dust off this old thread. OKC has enough pizza, burger, and taco joints. A lot of chains I used to love ~10-ish years ago have gone downhill to the point where I rarely eat there anymore (Torchy's, Smashburger, Panera, etc).

That said, I think a place like Flying Saucer would do really well here. Pretty good quality bar food, decent brunch. They focus on local beers pretty heavily and partner with breweries for pint nights.

Why the hell does The First National Bar not offer Stella Artois?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    I would normally say Mortons and it is still my favorite go to restaurant but since they were bought by Landry's last year, it has lost some of the Old Chicago basement steakhouse feel. Still the best key lime pie and crabcakes I have had anywhere. I agree that the steaks at Red Prime are as good but different vibe. Imagine Juniors being taken up a notch in sophistication and adding red prime's food. I like the feel of Red Prime also but prefer the vibe of Mortons' I am hoping the chophouse that is coming has an old school feel to it.
    Funny that someone dusted this tread off some 8 years later Mortons has completely tanked imho. Red Prime went downhill but has started coming back as far as steak quality. The Ranch is best steak in town. Few new entries into the game with B10 and Bobs

I'll rep my Philly roots and say that Rita's Water Ice would be *fantastic* to have for all the hot days we have.

Also we need Wawa to show Buc-ee's fans what a real gas station/convenience store looks like.

Two that have multiple locations in Dallas and would kill it here would be Yard House and Blue Sushi! I love that these chains have lots of vegan options. They would do well in an inner core area like Uptown,
    Midtown, or even in the new OAK center coming in across from Penn Sq.

Look out now, I grew up in San Antonio and would love to have a Mama Margies, Chacho's, Las Palapas, and Salsalitos Cantina Mexican Restaurant.

Even Taco Cabana is awesome in San Antonio and before you say otherwise you have better eaten at more than 1 TC in SA. There is a reason SA has 20 TC's. The one that was in OKC was always horrible.

IMO SA has the best tex-mex in the U.S. and Austin has the best breakfast tacos in the country.

Would love to see Juan in a Million come to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Tcopel90 View Post
    Let's dust off this old thread. OKC has enough pizza, burger, and taco joints. A lot of chains I used to love ~10-ish years ago have gone downhill to the point where I rarely eat there anymore (Torchy's, Smashburger, Panera, etc).

That said, I think a place like Flying Saucer would do really well here. Pretty good quality bar food, decent brunch. They focus on local beers pretty heavily and partner with breweries for pint nights.
    I totally forgot about flying saucer, I grew up in San Antonio and ate there several times and the one in nashville which I believe closed down and it was always solid.

20. Default Re: If you could have ONE restaurant come to OKC what it would be?

Capital Grille or an Oceanaire would be welcomed

Quote Originally Posted by shartel_ave View Post
    Look out now, I grew up in San Antonio and would love to have a Mama Margies, Chacho's, Las Palapas, and Salsalitos Cantina Mexican Restaurant.

Even Taco Cabana is awesome in San Antonio and before you say otherwise you have better eaten at more than 1 TC in SA. There is a reason SA has 20 TC's. The one that was in OKC was always horrible.

IMO SA has the best tex-mex in the U.S. and Austin has the best breakfast tacos in the country.

Would love to see Juan in a Million come to OKC
    I still miss Taco Cabana and wish they'd come back to OKC. I spent several years of my childhood in DFW and Houston before moving back home to OKC, and developed quite a fondness for them while down there. At one point they had something like half a dozen stores in the metro, though they never quite lived up to the awesomeness of their Texas counterparts. Those fresh-made flour tortillas were amazing tho, I really miss being able to quickly grab a dozen along with a bowl of queso - among other things.

I do get a chuckle out of some of the adaptive reuse of the old TC locations... The old I-240 location turned into Sam's Optical after an extensive remodel - but you can still see elements of the original building, like the original TC exterior entrance doors and the gooseneck barn lights on the north-facing wall (even in the original colors too!)

I’ll shout out a couple of Midwestern favorites: Jet’s Pizza and Culver’s

I know the individual said something besides burgers and pizza and tacos but I love Krystals and White Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Capital Grille or an Oceanaire would be welcomed
    ^^^^

Thread Information