Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: If you could have ONE restaurant come to OKC what it would be?

Default Re: If you could have ONE restaurant come to OKC what it would be?

Humperdinks!

Gram & Dun ... Whiskey and wild game...

Gram & Dun

Pappadeaux

4. Default Re: If you could have ONE restaurant come to OKC what it would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Pappadeaux

I have several, but Bob Evans would top my list. In-n-Out would be nice to have here. I miss Marie Calenders and their pies. They could come back anytime. I'd love to have Village Inn back in the OKC area.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Humperdinks!
    Yes sir!

I enjoyed it when I was down there, but Lucile's Stateside Bistro in Fort Worth. They're not expanding. Just a one owner restaurant. Will eat there again next time I'm down there.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Can't believe no one has mentioned Mission Chinese...
    Aren't we getting that? I just ate there in SF last month and the food was divine.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    I have several, but Bob Evans would top my list. In-n-Out would be nice to have here. I miss Marie Calenders and their pies. They could come back anytime. I'd love to have Village Inn back in the OKC area.
    Lets see

For fast food, I suppose an In-n-Out would be cool. I have never been to one though, just based on the hype. A Boston Market would be cool, just to have one and to me, it seems like a cool place to hang out and study.

As for further restaurants.

1. Pappadeaux
    2.California Pizza Kitchen
    3.I would like to see something like Flying Fish off of Coit Rd. in Dallas http://flyingfishinthe.net
    4.An actual good Brazilian restaurant. The one in Midtown sucks. Trust me on this, I know. My stepmother is from Brazil and when we lived in Dallas, there were true good Brazilian restaurants.
    5.Rainforest Cafe

Really, OKC's restaurant scene is actually really good and vastly improving. There are so many options now is unreal. I would like to build two restaurants here in OKC one day, a concept similar to the Magic Time machine, but a thousand times more awesome. I would like to build that in Bricktown. The other one would be a restaurant that specializes in cooking fried alligator, but has other great Cajun style food. I have found some great locations around lake Arcadia that would be cool for this.

Mario's

It's a little Gyro shop in Salzburg.

Best damn gyro in the world.

That, or I guess I could settle for Alinea...

1. Pappadeaux
    2.California Pizza Kitchen
    3.I would like to see something like Flying Fish off of Coit Rd. in Dallas http://flyingfishinthe.net
    4.An actual good Brazilian restaurant. The one in Midtown sucks. Trust me on this, I know. My stepmother is from Brazil and when we lived in Dallas, there were true good Brazilian restaurants.
    5.Rainforest Cafe
    1. Yes, that would be excellent. I think on the canal in Bricktown would be the perfect place
    2. Would be nice. Personally I think Penn Square Mall or somewhere on Memorial Rd would be ideal for California Pizza Kitchen
    3. Decent place but not really that much different from the other seafood places OKC has.
    4. Definitely this. I haven't had any of the Brazillian restaurants here, but the one in Charlotte, Chima, was one of the best meals I have had in my life
    5. Never experienced Rainforest Cafe. I knew they were pretty popular in the '90s but not sure how so now.

Really, OKC's restaurant scene is actually really good and vastly improving. There are so many options now is unreal. I would like to build two restaurants here in OKC one day, a concept similar to the Magic Time machine, but a thousand times more awesome. I would like to build that in Bricktown. The other one would be a restaurant that specializes in cooking fried alligator, but has other great Cajun style food. I have found some great locations around lake Arcadia that would be cool for this.
    Agree. I particularly like some of the asian food available here. There is also surprisingly good sushi being so far from the coast. I know Trapper's has fried alligator, and its the only alligator I have ever ate. How would you rate it?

Quote Originally Posted by GoOKC1991 View Post
    Lots of great ones! I too would love to see Boston Market.

7 or 8 years ago my main preference was Fuddrucker's, and they were supposed to come to Memorial Square and I-240, but that fell through and I think they have stopped building and have closed many.
    Fuddrucker's used to be here. I ate at one at I240 and Western a number of times.

I actually leased space to Fuddrucker's on NW Expressway in the mid 80's.

As for a new restaurant, I would much rather have A Good Egg open another great concept than have another chain move in.

Quote Originally Posted by OKVision4U View Post
    I could use a McCormick's & Schmick's ...Seafood & Steaks.

Seafood Restaurant Kansas City, MO - Steakhouse Kansas City | McCormick & Schmick's
    That would work. Would prefer a Morton's as it is my favorite restaurant but any decent high end steakhouse would work. ( capital grill, three forks, del frisco). Anything but a Ruth Chris !! I have e had better service and steaks at an IHOP than Ruth Chris. Red prime does a good job feeling the void though. They get their strips from Allen Brothers in Chicago which also provides Morton's their steaks.

In n Out burgers also!!! 3x3 animal style!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

As for a new restaurant, I would much rather have A Good Egg open another great concept than have another chain move in.
    Have you ever been to a Pappadeaux?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    That would work. Would prefer a Morton's as it is my favorite restaurant but any decent high end steakhouse would work. ( capital grill, three forks, del frisco). Anything but a Ruth Chris !! I have e had better service and steaks at an IHOP than Ruth Chris. Red prime does a good job feeling the void though. They get their strips from Allen Brothers in Chicago which also provides Morton's their steaks.

In n Out burgers also!!! 3x3 animal style!
    I can't remember if you said you've been to the Ranch or not…you should give 'em a try.

I would rather leave the national Prime Steak chains out of OKC. That probably won't happen though, in which case I'd prefer Morton's over Ruth's or Fleming's (though the 100 wines by the glass would be great to have).

Salt Lick BBQ

Arthur Bryant's from KC or Bone Daddy's from the DFW area.

Oh man, Bone Daddy's is an excellent choice. Great food and scenery

Pete,
    Where was it located? I don't remember them except on South Western. I did eat at Longnecker's on NW Expressway a bunch of times.
    C. T.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Oceanaire

Wild Eggs (from Louisville) 1st Choice

Hummus Kitchen (New York)

BB King's BBQ

Disappointed "Cheeseburger in Paradise" near Memorial couldn't make it. Doesn't bode well for the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Silliman View Post
    Disappointed "Cheeseburger in Paradise" near Memorial couldn't make it. Doesn't bode well for the others.
    I've always wondered what happened there. The place always seemed busy. Lots of large gathering/events there as well. I was surprised when it shut down.

23. Default Re: If you could have ONE restaurant come to OKC what it would be?

I would love to have a Dairy Queen here, I know they are putting one in Moore, but I really want one in OKC. Growing up in Texas they were on every corner it seems, now I am going to have to drive 20/30 minutes to get a blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by elitespy View Post
    I would love to have a Dairy Queen here, I know they are putting one in Moore, but I really want one in OKC. Growing up in Texas they were on every corner it seems, now I am going to have to drive 20/30 minutes to get a blizzard.
    I was going to ask if it was too late to switch my vote from Buco di Beppo to Dairy Queen.
    (no kdng. tnx for stealing my thundersnark--#tndrsnk =)

Yet, seriously . . . If we (that is OKC) can't get An Upscale Dairy Queen . . . i suppose that i could "settle" for . . .
    Burger Emperor, 24/7/365. =)
    (a.k.a.: BE XXIV/VII/CCCDXV)

So . . . How about one that hasn't been "invented" yet . . . to "keep it local" and all . . .
    Maslow's Pyramid of Burger Needs?
    (a.k.a."Maslow's" for short, or simply The M.)

What the "hey" . . .
    Instead of squandering money on some pseudo-imitation Memphis-style faux-pyramid this could be a way to save and repurpose Stage Center!

(at the top is The Self-Actualization Burger.
    it consists of whatever you want it to be.
    at the bottom is vegetarian grazing/garnish.)

(just kidding . . . geez . . .
    Stage Center has got to go.=)

25. Default Re: If you could have ONE restaurant come to OKC what it would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Silliman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I've always wondered what happened there. The place always seemed busy. Lots of large gathering/events there as well. I was surprised when it shut down.
    Our C.I.P. was doing very well. The whole chain closed all but one or two locations. We were regulars there and were told that the local management tried to license the OKC store as a franchise but the mother company was trying to file bankruptcy and didn't want the income a franchise would generate.

Thread Information