Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 104th and S. May

Default Re: 104th and S. May

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Of course you realize that there was recently a shooting in the parking lot of the Mustang Walmart?
    Of course you realize I was referring to cleanliness. Notice I bolded that specific part of his quote, but hey, nice attempt at being a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Of course you realize I was referring to cleanliness. Notice I bolded that specific part of his quote, but hey, nice attempt at being a troll.
    I certainly did notice that and my reference wasn't to that part of the comment that you highlighted. It was more in reference to the post you were responding to and pointing out that things happen everywhere no matter how clean things are. Nice attempt at being snarky.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    I certainly did notice that and my reference wasn't to that part of the comment that you highlighted. It was more in reference to the post you were responding to and pointing out that things happen everywhere no matter how clean things are. Nice attempt at being snarky.
    Then quoting my reply makes no sense, as I was purely talking about the aesthetics of the Walmart. There is not doubt that things such as shootings happen everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    Then quoting my reply makes no sense, as I was purely talking about the aesthetics of the Walmart. There is not doubt that things such as shootings happen everywhere.
    No, it does make sense when you say you go there because it is clean and looks nice to mention that there can still be crime in spite of that.

Does anyone know if this development has fallen through? No work has been started on the site.

SouthsideSooner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideSooner View Post
    I did a google search of Continental Properties and discovered that they are a huge national developer. They have a pretty long list of multi family developements across the country all branded as "The Springs". This is from there website...

"Each of our Springs apartment communities offer townhome-style apartment living with ground-level private entries. Springs communities feature studio to 3-bedroom apartment homes, a clubhouse, resort-style pool, 24-hour fitness center, business center, dog park, and attached and detached garages. Coupled with additional unique amenities such as a free car care center and pet spa area, the Springs create the best in suburban apartment living."

Springs Apartments

This sounds like a great project for that piece of property...
    It appears that this project is now underway. There is earthmoving equipment on site and dirt work has begun.

SouthsideSooner Guest

This is also now posted on their website... It also mentions a sister complex being built at MacArthur and Memorial...

4. Springs at May Lakes Apartments – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Located on South May Avenue just east of I44, Springs at May Lakes Apartments is our second community in Oklahoma City. Major employers within 10 minutes of the community include Community Hospital, Oklahoma City Community College, Mid-America Christian University, St. Anthony South, and the Oklahoma City Police Department. Residents will have several convenient neighborhood shopping amenities less than 1.5 miles from the community, along with access to many national restaurant and retail chains. For residents that are looking for some recreation, the Earlywine Park YMCA & Aquatic Center is just 1.5 miles south of the community.

We broke ground on this 304-apartment community in September 2014, and expect to have our first building available to residents in late summer 2015.

Thanks for posting this.

I still have been wondering what they are going to do with the gas station on the corner. I would think this area would be begging to get something with all the apartments planned here.

How many vacant apartments will we have when the current oil boom goes bust? Don't think it can't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by UnclePete View Post
    How many vacant apartments will we have when the current oil boom goes bust? Don't think it can't happen.
    I think realistically it's going bust right now. A lot of people I know that are in the industry have mentioned it was on the way about 2 months ago.

SouthsideSooner Guest

Rendering of The Springs at May Lakes... I love the way they are preserving the natural lakes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ISdci6bc8dkxjv1000000000 (2).jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	211.3 KB 
ID:	10561

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideSooner View Post
    Rendering of The Springs at May Lakes... I love the way they are preserving the natural lakes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ISdci6bc8dkxjv1000000000 (2).jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	211.3 KB 
ID:	10561
    Great! That's the issue that I was most concerned with this project, glad to see they'll be keeping the water features.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    Interesting perspectives, to be sure. I've just found that particular WalMart to be chronically unkempt - downright dirty at times - and there have been multiple attempted late-night kidnappings right out of their parking lot, and also a shooting at the Murphy gas station along the service road not too many months ago. The TriCity site, for us, is our preference.
    With apologies for the year-old reply: The I-240 and Santa Fe Wal-Mart is the closest store to my house, but I often will go all the way to Crest at 104th and S May because the produce department at WM is just terrible. It's not at all uncommon to find packaged items beyond their sell-by date, moldy fruit, and decomposing vegetables at that WM. The store is usually relatively clean, but leaves a lot to be desired. I imagine that a new WM at 104th and I-44 would likely be nicer and better, but if I'm going that far anyway, I'm going to Crest.

As for the topic of this thread, I really like how they want to save the natural lakes on this property. This could turn out super nice!

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    With apologies for the year-old reply: The I-240 and Santa Fe Wal-Mart is the closest store to my house, but I often will go all the way to Crest at 104th and S May because the produce department at WM is just terrible. It's not at all uncommon to find packaged items beyond their sell-by date, moldy fruit, and decomposing vegetables at that WM. The store is usually relatively clean, but leaves a lot to be desired. I imagine that a new WM at 104th and I-44 would likely be nicer and better, but if I'm going that far anyway, I'm going to Crest.

As for the topic of this thread, I really like how they want to save the natural lakes on this property. This could turn out super nice!
    Yeah, we used to shop at Walmart Grocery store, but when Crest opened up, there was no way we were going back to Walmart. There are a few minor things that are little cheaper at Walmart, but Crest is 1000x cleaner and better. I really hope the new Walmart doesn't hurt Crest in anyway, I'm sure it won't, I think many people are like you and I.
    ...back to the topic now...
    That's great they are preserving the natural ponds, I hope the apartments stay nice and don't start looking trashy. I'm also worried about the new apartments just North of 104th. I don't think they'll be as nice.

Almost opted to start a new thread....but found this one..

Looks like utility flags and possibly survey flags have gone up on the SW corner outparcel at SW 104 and May, immediately north of Starbucks. Had heard rumors over a year ago about a possible Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins, but nothing beyond rumors.

No new building permits for this intersection, so it's all very new, but it sure seems something is cooking.

Almost opted to start a new thread....but found this one..

Looks like utility flags and possibly survey flags have gone up on the SW corner outparcel at SW 104 and May, immediately north of Starbucks. Had heard rumors over a year ago about a possible Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins, but nothing beyond rumors.

No new building permits for this intersection, so it's all very new, but it sure seems something is cooking.
    Would love for it to be a Chick Fil A, but highly doubtful. Hope we find out soon!

I've been told by the franchisee? of the OKC area Dunkin Donuts, they are planning and looking to open a store in Norman next.

Quote Originally Posted by _Cramer_ View Post
    I've been told by the franchisee? of the OKC area Dunkin Donuts, they are planning and looking to open a store in Norman next.
    So, guess they are out of the rumor mill for 104th and May. Maybe after Norman they will decide to put one, but not sure how well DD would do directly "next door" to a Starbucks anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by xa3021 View Post
    So, guess they are out of the rumor mill for 104th and May. Maybe after Norman they will decide to put one, but not sure how well DD would do directly "next door" to a Starbucks anyways.
    There is a Dunkin directly next door to a Starbucks here at NW 36 and May, and Dunkin still seems to be killing it every morning. Perhaps it could be that it's just a drive-thru-only Starbucks, but still an example.

Didn't want to start a new thread, but does anyone know what is being built at SW 104th & I-44 right by the entrance NB entrance ramp? Have asked at the Credit Union there, but no one knows and haven't seen any building permits re that location. We know that there is a car wash/auto shop going in by the Taco Bell (permit in the paper), but that's the only thing we've seen.

Also, judging by the flag markers, looks like the assisted living center is about ready to break ground at Earlywine & S. May.

Quote Originally Posted by old okie View Post
    Didn't want to start a new thread, but does anyone know what is being built at SW 104th & I-44 right by the entrance NB entrance ramp? Have asked at the Credit Union there, but no one knows and haven't seen any building permits re that location. We know that there is a car wash/auto shop going in by the Taco Bell (permit in the paper), but that's the only thing we've seen.

Also, judging by the flag markers, looks like the assisted living center is about ready to break ground at Earlywine & S. May.
    Happen to hear anything new on this? Would love to know what all is going up in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by old okie View Post

There are two businesses going in; an Okie Lite Car Wash, and a Verizon retail store.

Big whoop.

There are two businesses going in; an Okie Lite Car Wash, and a Verizon retail store.

Big whoop.
    Dang...that's all we need. More car washes, phone stores and banks. What about some good sit down restaurants, unique stores and bigger retail stores (Super Target!). Just tired of seeing the same stuff literally on every corner.

Thread Information