Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Lift

Default Re: 10th and Shartel Apartments

I parked my car at our office at 9th and Robinson yesterday morning and when I finally left to go home at 9:30 pm (I walked from my office to the arts festival and some other stuff) the parking lot was full. I cannot remember that ever happening before. It was not just H&8th; the restaurants were full and Wine and Palette was having a class as well. I wish this is what downtown looked like every weekend.

That dialysis clinic is looking more and more unfortunate

One slight correction, this project is now officially called "LIFT" (all caps) not "The Lift".

Should be moving dirt in the next month or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    One slight correction, this project is now officially called "LIFT" (all caps) not "The Lift".

Should be moving dirt in the next month or two.
    Any reason this is moving so much faster the The Metropolitan?

Default Re: LIFT

I'm starting to worry a bit about the Metropolitan...

Last week I did an exhaustive search through some subscription construction websites that list big projects of all sorts. Pretty much all the ones we know about were on one of those sites, including LIFT. Usually, developers put things out as an alert well before they are ready to start construction.

And I couldn't find anything on the Metropolitan.

Doesn't mean it's dead in the water or experiencing a major delay, but it did cause a raised eyebrow.

I'm starting to worry a bit about the Metropolitan...

Last week I did an exhaustive search through some subscription construction websites that list big projects of all sorts. Pretty much all the ones we know about were on one of those sites, including LIFT. Usually, developers put things out as an alert well before they are ready to start construction.

And I couldn't find anything on the Metropolitan.

Doesn't mean it's dead in the water or experiencing a major delay, but it did cause a raised eyebrow.
    It's odd. I wonder if the slow leasing (from what I hear) at Maywood I has developers slowing down.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadanth View Post
    It's odd. I wonder if the slow leasing (from what I hear) at Maywood I has developers slowing down.
    I really don't think that at all. Maywood II is slightly delayed due to HUD issues and nothing else (from what I understand).

Also, The Edge is clearly leasing very fast and LIFT is moving quickly.

I think the rental market downtown only gets stronger with time, not weaker.

I really don't think that at all. Maywood II is slightly delayed due to HUD issues and nothing else (from what I understand).

Also, The Edge is clearly leasing very fast and LIFT is moving quickly.

I think the rental market downtown only gets stronger with time, not weaker.
    Probably so. Maybe there's just a hiccup. I am looking forward to the neighborhood being full and pretty much finished in a couple years.

And remember, the Metropolitan people are all in: They already bought the land, have had detailed plans developed, etc.

Could be a lot of reasons for them going slow but they will develop or sell to someone who will. There is now too much invested to just sit on a vacant lot.

And remember, the Metropolitan people are all in: They already bought the land, have had detailed plans developed, etc.

Could be a lot of reasons for them going slow but they will develop or sell to someone who will. There is now too much invested to just sit on a vacant lot.
    Hard to believe its just a land play. It'll get there.

$30 million building permit application today.

Should be turning dirt soon.

Yes! So pumped for this one! This is the one development in OKC that reminds me of something you would see in DT Austin or Dallas. Really excited!

This may be my favorite of all of the proposed housing projects.

Here is a newish rendering of the space that will front the roundabout:

As if Midtown wasn't already busy enough, add almost 600 residential units to the mix which maybe adds 1,000 people? H&8th might have to expand to 10th and down to 6th in a few years...

Journal Record reporting that it was approved to give the developers $3million in TIF money for this.

http://journalrecord.com/2014/04/29/...s-real-estate/

I do agree with above that the renderings of this are better looking than most of the recent apt projects we've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    As if Midtown wasn't already busy enough, add almost 600 residential units to the mix which maybe adds 1,000 people? H&8th might have to expand to 10th and down to 6th in a few years...
    Or further.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    Or further.
    I didn't realize it already goes from 6th to 8th and will expand it to 9th next month. I was thinking it was 7th to 8th. They could definitely go west on 7th about half a block and maybe 8th. I am not sure if they could go east on 8th in front of the Federal Building. Who owns the land around 9th and Hudson on either side? I know the pop up shops were on the north side of 9th, west of Hudson this past Christmas, not sure if they are still there or not.

The last H&8th ended at 9th street.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    The last H&8th ended at 9th street.
    You're right. I knew it was the last one or the next one, I just couldn't remember.

I love how the retail space ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE A RETAIL SPACE!

Thank you.

Man, if all of these new housing projects come to fruition( including the lumber yard), you'll be looking at a DT population hovering around 12-15k, right? Add all the DT employees and you have a DT that is ripe for some big retail chains to come in and set up shop. This is getting exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by coov23 View Post
    Man, if all of these new housing projects come to fruition( including the lumber yard), you'll be looking at a DT population hovering around 12-15k, right? Add all the DT employees and you have a DT that is ripe for some big retail chains to come in and set up shop. This is getting exciting.
    That is the plan and a lot of major retailers have been coming out with urban concepts to fit the new face of retail - from Target's City concept to CVS's Urban Cluster design.

Of course, with added amenities will bring even more people and the whole foundation builds on itself because each new resident enhances the area for the existing residents, unlike people who move to the fringe and when more people show up it ruins why the previous people moved there.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    That is the plan and a lot of major retailers have been coming out with urban concepts to fit the new face of retail - from Target's City concept to CVS's Urban Cluster design.

Of course, with added amenities will bring even more people and the whole foundation builds on itself because each new resident enhances the area for the existing residents, unlike people who move to the fringe and when more people show up it ruins why the previous people moved there.

As new urbanists, this concept is easy to grasp. But I am surprised by the amount of people who are home owners downtown, that actually dislike the idea of more people moving downtown/near their homes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    ...that actually dislike the idea of more people moving downtown/near their homes.
    Which actually increases the value of their homes...

Thread Information