Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
$187 is a lot to pay PERIOD.
Especially to help pay for those annoying, abrasive and incessant Ads for Noobs who can buy in at $79.99 (and I think it said for two years).
Even if you add $20 for all the DVR related charges, long-term, loyal subscribers still pay TWICE AS MUCH!!!!
Which, no matter how you slice it is BULLSH!T.
If you're willing to stay on the phone long enough, talk to the right people, stick to your guns, insist on a Loyalty Discount equal to newcomers, write everything down, insist on a "reset" of your relations with the newcomers rate - you'll get it. Seriously, 13 "customer care" people might tell you they "can't do it" (BS), but if you're willing to spend the time to get it done, you'll get it. I've done it not once or twice but three or four times. One time it did take a call to their world headquarters in Atlanta and I called the CEO's office. I ended up talking to the CEO concierge. My problem was taken care of within 5 minutes on hold. This is something I'm really big on, doesn't loyalty mean anything? If it does - prove it. Cell phone companies are a lot like this too. T-Mobile, which has taken the cell industry by storm of late, has a dedicated Loyalty Department. Ask for them up front if you've been with them at least (I think it's 8 years). I got a $150 credit to make it even better than newbies to T-Mobile. Took it right off the price of the new iPhone, so instead of paying $549 or whatever in $20 monthly payments, I paid $400. It showed up as "loyalty credit."