Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Retail Explosion on Memorial Road

Default Re: Retail Explosion on Memorial Road

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercitizen View Post
    So, no Rainforest Cafe or T-Rex Restaurant on the horizon?
    I guess I missed a lot of things when was a rumor of a rainforest café?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    I guess I missed a lot of things when was a rumor of a rainforest café?
    Yeah, if there is one thing I just don't see OKC ever getting is a rainforest cafe.

Denver, Indianapolis, St. Louis, New York and Atlanta don't even have one.

One restaurant I would like to see in this development is Cheddar's. The Midwest City and Norman locations have done well. I think Cheddar's would be a great one for this area.

got my hopes up. I really wish there was a family fun themed eating place in okc

Given I am from Ohio and also lived for 7 years in Indianapolis, I am very excited for Costco. I would also love to see Meijer come to OKC, but that will not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Remember the long rumored Warren Theatre planned to be built west of here? It wouldn't surprise me to see that resurrected and put here.
    Something that hasn't been discussed but would be cool is an Alamo Draft House. That would do well in this area.

For the record, this project was planned back in the 2000's as Quail Springs Shoppes. Never happened, partly due to the recession.

I've looked at the drawings and I can't see why everyone is so excited? It's another mammoth large surburban strip center with seas of surface parking, some areas of office space and some apartment space. It's not like it's going to be a dense multilevel lifestyle center. This isn't going to be any different than what we already have west of Penn. Only difference is that this will be anchored by a Costco and Cabellas. But nothing different than what we have at Memorial and May Ave.

got my hopes up. I really wish there was a family fun themed eating place in okc
    Gattitown?

Ross Dress for Less? TJMAXX and More? Mega Marshall's? Menards? Academy Sports and Outdoors? Ron John Surf Shop? Bealls? Albertsons back? Sports Authority? Grander Mountain? Dillion's? Hy-Vee or Price Chopper this far? Sprouts or Fresh Market? HHGREGG? Shopko? Tilly's? Five Below? Versona? Trader Joe's? Johhny Mac's? Gordman's? Steinmart? Kohl's? Burlington Coat Factory? Books A Million? Ozarkland? BJ's Wearhouse? Nebraska Furniture Mart that's in Omaha and KCK by Legends?

Smokey Bones? B. Breeze? Potbelly? Burgerfi? Zauby's? Milo's Sandwich Shop? huddle House? Bojangles? East Coast Subs? Jack in the Box? Quacker State Bar and Grill? Famous Daves? Rib Crib? Pizza Ranch? Dunkin Donuts? Runza? Bandana's BBQ? Rally's? Dan Marino Tavern?

In general a Link to Pad Sites approved as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by GoOKC1991 View Post
    One restaurant I would like to see in this development is Cheddar's. The Midwest City and Norman locations have done well. I think Cheddar's would be a great one for this area.
    After eating at a Cheddar's once and having a two-inch long cockroach walk across my table I don't think I'll ever be eating at another one again.

Quote Originally Posted by mgsports View Post
    Ross Dress for Less? TJMAXX and More? Mega Marshall's? Menards? Academy Sports and Outdoors? Ron John Surf Shop? Bealls? Albertsons back? Sports Authority? Grander Mountain? Dillion's? Hy-Vee or Price Chopper this far? Sprouts or Fresh Market? HHGREGG? Shopko? Tilly's? Five Below? Versona? Trader Joe's? Johhny Mac's? Gordman's? Steinmart? Kohl's? Burlington Coat Factory? Books A Million? Ozarkland? BJ's Wearhouse? Nebraska Furniture Mart that's in Omaha and KCK by Legends?

Smokey Bones? B. Breeze? Potbelly? Burgerfi? Zauby's? Milo's Sandwich Shop? huddle House? Bojangles? East Coast Subs? Jack in the Box? Quacker State Bar and Grill? Famous Daves? Rib Crib? Pizza Ranch? Dunkin Donuts? Runza? Bandana's BBQ? Rally's? Dan Marino Tavern?

In general a Link to Pad Sites approved as of today.
    Some of those, specifically Bojangles, Albertsons, and Hy-Vee I don't see ever opening in OKC.

HHGregg isn't that far away so its not unthinkable. A lot of stuff you listed though is just not going to happen.

Albertsons actually used to have a decent number of stores at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Gattitown?
    gattitown isnt like a rainforest cafe. I still wish we had molly murphys

Quote Originally Posted by Rivalyn View Post
    Looks like the Retail Endeavors Group connected with this development had these plans under a different name. Retail Endeavors Group :: The Collection at Quail Springs Ranch.

I've been telling everyone I know that an entertainment/retail space is sorely needed to retain more of my generation versus watching everyone take flight to Dallas and such so it's interesting to see that idea validated by what appears to be a lot of investment money.
    Glad I was able to view the link yesterday because it is now gone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    After eating at a Cheddar's once and having a two-inch long cockroach walk across my table I don't think I'll ever be eating at another one again.
    We eat at Cheddars in Norman regularly. Good food. Good prices. Very clean. Next time, leave your cockroach at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    We eat at Cheddars in Norman regularly. Good food. Good prices. Very clean. Next time, leave your cockroach at home.
    Yep. Great food and have not had any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Can happen anywhere really...Had one at Ted's a few years back...Just flicked it off the table and had another chip

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Can happen anywhere really...Had one at Ted's a few years back...Just flicked off the table and had another chip
    Next time tell the manager...you'll get free food out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Next time tell the manager...you'll get free food out of it!
    And the next diner in line will be more than happy to pay the elevated prices to make up for the comps.

If you had ever been back in the "operating" kitchen at Molly Murphy's, say, for example, measuring for a new paint job estimate--including prep--you might be less than enthusiastic about your wishes in that direction.

I wore out three (pre-digital) tape measures due to excess grease buildup on the floors and walls and almost filed a Worker's Comp Claim from tripping over ancient rat traps and droppings.

I guess Mr. Tayar had more than enough grease to go around to stay in business for so long.

Don't get me wrong . . . It was fun . . . yet . . . That was then and this is now.

I simply hope that The City will actually address the surrounding traffic-flow considerations associated with this splendid proposed development in an effective manner before any "dirt is turned" as the virtual satellite viewers of the proposed project seem to be so fond of saying.

Yes most of those Department Stores mentioned either don't have a location in OKC or not in thst area. KS city will would get a HHGREGG before OK does same with a regular Shopko. The nearest Hy-Vee is Springfield,MO same with Menards but Witchta,KS is closer.

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Something that hasn't been discussed but would be cool is an Alamo Draft House. That would do well in this area.
    I think it would do well there, that was the only place we went to movies in Austin. Went to see Rush at the new one in Littleton a few weeks ago. Madonna has even been banned from the chain for texting at the NYC location. They are in franchising mode now.

How about the restaurant that Molly Murphy's was copied from, Magic Tim Machine in Dallas and San Antonio, the one in Austin closed about the time I moved there (2003). I worked with the architect who did Molly Murphy's and TaMolly's, he made many trips down to the MTM locations to get the design concept down.

23. Default Re: Retail Explosion on Memorial Road

A lot of good stuff up there. Should do well. Won't do much for me, since I never drive to that side of town anymore...and haven't been up there in probably 7-8 years. Still it gets these folks in the door for the area which is good overall.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    And the next diner in line will be more than happy to pay the elevated prices to make up for the comps.
    If it happens often enough to drastically increase comps, then the restaurant probably isn't going to make it

Thread Information