Widgets Magazine

Thread: Club Car Wash

Default Club Car Wash

Club Car Wash is coming to the SW corner of 33rd and Kelley on the site of the former Circle K

Default Re: Club Car Wash

Wow, that's four car washes opening soon in Edmond.

Okie Express at 2nd and Vista Lane (Near Freddy's Custard)
    Coulter Car Wash at 2nd and Kelly (Behind RCB Bank)
    Club Car Wash at Covell and Kelly (Behind Walgreens)
    And Now another Club Car Wash at 33rd and Kelly

^^
    Trying to catch all the commuters! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post

Don't forget about the one going in at Waterloo and I-35 too!

Does anyone know what’s going in between the Lowes and new Club Car Wash at Covell &Kelly. I know Chick-Fil-A has been looking at that intersection for a couple years . They started dirt work this weekend that I noticed when I was at the Car Wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershoes View Post
    Does anyone know what’s going in between the Lowes and new Club Car Wash at Covell &Kelly. I know Chick-Fil-A has been looking at that intersection for a couple years . They started dirt work this weekend that I noticed when I was at the Car Wash.
    Saland and Go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Saland and Go.
    Salad & Go..........Interesting.......A co-worker raves about this place. I'm sure it will do very well in North Edmond.......

Appreciate the information.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    ^^
    Trying to catch all the commuters! LOL
    Really, what is behind this sudden craze to build a bunch of auto car washes? It's happening like silly in other towns as well. It's surely partly attractive to get into because the Internet can't steal sales.

Convenience and the unlimited washes for a set monthly fee. I wash our vehicles a lot more since I signed up for one very close to our house. It's so easy to keep clean vehicles now including the interiors with the free vacuums, compressed air hose/nozzles, and clean micro fiber towels to use. The one I use is always busy. I pay $17 for the first vehicle and $12 for the second vehicle per month. That's cheaper than 5 washes if you were to pay individually for their cheapest wash ($6) and I use way more than 5 total washes in a month with two vehicles. I can be in and out with a clean exterior and interior in less than 10 minutes.

Blog Entries

Having done some work for a franchisor in this industry, I can say that the overriding goal is to get people on the monthly fee program. And, as gjl notes above, it can be a benefit to the customer as well if you use the wash a lot. If you have multiple cars they also offer a discount card that can be moved between cars which provides benefits as well.

I sold one of my vehicles and replaced it with a different one after I joined. The one I use has a tag reader when you pull up and opens the gate if you are a member. I got a new tag for the new vehicle and they easily put the new vehicle and tag number in their system and deleted the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Really, what is behind this sudden craze to build a bunch of auto car washes? It's happening like silly in other towns as well. It's surely partly attractive to get into because the Internet can't steal sales.
    Most of the clubs pay for themselves for the consumer after two or three washes in a month. For the car wash franchisee the membership program is guaranteed income each month and probably easier to have a predictable business model versus the old model that probably saw peak income during certain times of the year, and very slow times that was primarily dependent on the weather. Most of the drive through washes in OKC are newer and do a decent job in cleaning/shining up a car.

I am guessing the washes costs pennies per wash to operate, other than basic upkeep on the equipment and paying a staff of 2-3 workers at a time. The other advantage to the club membership is that there are multiple locations across the metro and in some cases like Club or Zips even out of state where you can get your car cleaned under the same plan. If you travel a lot, or work in an industry where a clean car helps your image (Realtor, Uber, etc) the memberships are beneficial to someone who definitely washes a vehicle multiple times a week.

We are definitely seeing more places going to monthly subscriptions as a sustainable model.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post

And the new Okie Express on 150th west of Santa Fe behind the Casey's. Yes, it's in OKC but so is the one coming to 33rd and Kelly

Club Car Wash and Salad and Go appear to be dating.

164th and Western walls are going up next to Salad and Go for a new Club Car Wash to the east along 164th and...

...at Kelly and Covell walls and signage are up for Salad and Go opening soon next to the Club Car Wash that opened earlier this summer.

Thread Information