Widgets Magazine
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 141516171819

Thread: Edmond Restaurants

Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Los 2 Tapatios is actually more of a restaurant re-opening. They used to be located in the old Long John Silvers near 7th & Broadway (which is now a different Mexican restaurant). According to thier Facebook page, August 30 is the official opening. We really liked Tapatios when it was on Broadway, hoping for the same goodness again at the new spot.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Los-.../?locale=es_LA

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    Let us know what you think. Right now, our favorite Mexican is Seńor Lopez in Guthrie, Pablanos and Green Chile Cafe in Yukon. Would be nice to have a local Mexican restaurant.
    Right now, we are big fans of Don Tapatio, just around the corner on Broadway. That's going to be a high bar to beat, for us.

Anyone know the concept going in at the old Steve's Rib location? I have driven past a few times, lots of work and a white/teal color scheme, but I have not seen any signage up on what is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    Anyone know the concept going in at the old Steve's Rib location? I have driven past a few times, lots of work and a white/teal color scheme, but I have not seen any signage up on what is coming.
    I've been hearing it will be a Mexican restaurant, but haven't heard details.

Agave Azul is the name of the Mexican place going in. If you google the name it appears there are many restaurants around the country sharing that name.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Agave Azul is the name of the Mexican place going in. If you google the name it appears there are many restaurants around the country sharing that name.
    Why are a good chunk of them permanently closed?

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Los 2 Tapatios is actually more of a restaurant re-opening. They used to be located in the old Long John Silvers near 7th & Broadway (which is now a different Mexican restaurant). According to thier Facebook page, August 30 is the official opening. We really liked Tapatios when it was on Broadway, hoping for the same goodness again at the new spot.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Los-.../?locale=es_LA
    We tried it tonight and it's legit!! We like it better than Don Tapatio and I would say it's the best I've had, outside of the Southside of town and it's better than many of those.

8. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Jamba/Auntie Anne’s is opening on 15th & Santa Fe right across from Crest. Edmondites have to go to Quail Springs Mall for Auntie Anne’s right now.

Also Chico’s Mexican restaurant is opening on 15th and Bryant in Spring Creek. I imagine that’ll also be a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    We tried it tonight and it's legit!! We like it better than Don Tapatio and I would say it's the best I've had, outside of the Southside of town and it's better than many of those.
    We finally had it on Friday for lunch. Just as good as before they relocated. Very happy it's so close to our house in Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Jamba/Auntie Anne’s is opening on 15th & Santa Fe right across from Crest. Edmondites have to go to Quail Springs Mall for Auntie Anne’s right now.

Also Chico’s Mexican restaurant is opening on 15th and Bryant in Spring Creek. I imagine that’ll also be a hit.
    What is this Chico's? Is there another one in the metro?

Isn't there a women's clothing store in Spring Creek called Chico's? It seems weird that there would be a restaurant in there opening with the same name.

12. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

I suppose it could be a different name but when I saw a sign up at the spot Tazikis used to be I told friend of mine who works for the city said he was pretty sure it was called Chico's. I thought the same thing about the clothing store with the same name. I'll have to take a closer look soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I suppose it could be a different name but when I saw a sign up at the spot Tazikis used to be I told friend of mine who works for the city said he was pretty sure it was called Chico's. I thought the same thing about the clothing store with the same name. I'll have to take a closer look soon.
    Yep, the banner signs hanging up say Chico's... I thought about the same thing as y'all.

14. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by LakeEffect View Post
    Yep, the banner signs hanging up say Chico's... I thought about the same thing as y'all.
    Ok good, I'm not blind and I'm not friends with a liar. Yay for more Mexican food!

That's kinda funny but I guess it happens. I wonder if they're related to the Chico's in Stillwater?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    That's kinda funny but I guess it happens. I wonder if they're related to the Chico's in Stillwater?
    Looks like it - their temporary sign is the same as what came up when I did a Google search for the one in Edmond. How's the food at the Stillwater one?

17. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

IMG_4581.png

The block letters look so similar to the Chico’s clothing store haha

Thread Information