Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmond Restaurants

Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Blaze pizza is a great option for that field. In terms of build your own pizza, I think it's the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjumper View Post
    It's a tear down and rebuild. Same thing will happen to Braum's on Danforth soon.
    They should just tear it down and build a new one at Classen Cirlce.

It's just a joke...

I heard a rumor that the Taco Bell was going to be rebuilt as one of those new Taco Bell Cantina locations that apparently serve alcohol. Anyone heard anything about this?

Quote Originally Posted by jjjumper View Post
    It's a tear down and rebuild. Same thing will happen to Braum's on Danforth soon.
    NOOOO!! I love that Braum's I also don't love their current generation stores, they look great from the outside, but I don't like how the sitting area is completely cutoff from the rest of the store, makes it feel closed in.

New French restaurant coming to area near Hideaway and Skinny Slim's:

https://www.facebook.com/faitmaisonrestaurant/

Bricktown Brewery is gone, looks like it is being replaced by a S&B Burger

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreRulz View Post
    Bricktown Brewery is gone, looks like it is being replaced by a S&B Burger
    A friend told me (best source, right? ;–) that Old Chicago on 2nd street in front of Target is closing and Bricktown Brewery will be going in there.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieHornet View Post
    A friend told me (best source, right? ;–) that Old Chicago on 2nd street in front of Target is closing and Bricktown Brewery will be going in there.
    Wondered about that, it didn't seem like the BB were doing that bad of business

We haven't been by to verify but the Facebook page stated that Sunday was the last day of business before Bonchon shut their doors and closed down. Does anyone know what happened?

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    We haven't been by to verify but the Facebook page stated that Sunday was the last day of business before Bonchon shut their doors and closed down. Does anyone know what happened?
    Every time I have been by there it doesn't look like they're doing much business.

I've heard about service issues from employees. Their run didn't last very long, which is a shame.

12. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Don't know if it's been mentioned here or not, but Rocky Mountain Grill (formerly located near 2nd and Coltrane) has been open for a few weeks now in their new location at 3600 E I-35 Frontage Road in Edmond. That's the small strip center south of East 33rd on the east side of I-35. Weird location. Been a few businesses come and go from this location. They don't have a permanent sign up (just a temporary banner).

I used to eat their breakfast when they were at their previous location. Loved the breakfast burritos!

I went with a neighbor yesterday for lunch.

New place is nice and clean. Staff was friendly. There were probably 8 other people inside across 3 tables. Food was okay, but nothing memorable. We both had the homemade chip beef on toast with a side of green beans. We also had an order of beef fajita nachos to try/share.

The chipped beef was okay to good (not very hot though - Stouffer's does a better version). The bread wasn't toasted - I prefer it toasted with butter. The green beans were a let down. Tasted like they were poured straight out of a can with no seasoning added and room temperature. I'm surprised the entree was better because we were told by the waitress that "we are known for our chipped beef."

The nachos consisted of three large tostada chips with melted cheese and some chunks of fajita beef and a small scoop of sour cream.

The tostada was not crispy and the fajita meet was far too chewy. I'd liked to have seen some diced tomatoes, onions and a bit of guac on them. I probably would not order those again.

I'll probably go back to try their burger. I like good burger options near my house. I'll also probably go back to see if their breakfast is as good as it used to be.

They have a Facebook page with more info and hours... https://www.facebook.com/Rocky-Mount...8737068570320/

I'm not sure how anything in that strip stays in business. It's off by itself. It's one of those places you could pass by a hundred times and not notice. And it's not like it's surrounded by a lot of neighborhoods that would frequent it.

The Old Bonchon location has a sign above the door...apparently The Boiling Seafood Restaurant is taking its place.
    Haven't been able to find a lot out about this place...not sure if it's the same place but I have found some locations in Ohio.
    Looks to be a place that you order a seafood "boil". You choose your spice or heat level as well as your seafood choice. I've eaten at a similar place in Dallas and enjoyed it quite a bit. I'd assume they will serve other seafood options as well. Looking forward to this opening!!

I just saw that seafood place today. I might try it this weekend if they're open.

Oh crap, not sure how I missed Bonchon closing down! Wife and I were only able to get there once, and we really enjoyed it. Been meaning to go back, but don’t have many reasons to go that far north. The one time we went, it seemed pretty busy. However, that was not too long after they opened. Hope the owners or another operator gives it a shot somewhere in OKC.

The Boiling Seafood in the space that was previously Bon Chon appears to be open now. Anxious to hear how it is and try it myself.

If anybody else is curious, the boiling seafood goes by "Shaking seafood & wings".

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Vu View Post
    If anybody else is curious, the boiling seafood goes by "Shaking seafood & wings".
    Anyone know the reason for the abrupt name swap?

Quote Originally Posted by tsou89 View Post
    Anyone know the reason for the abrupt name swap?
    In my skimming I think I saw something about naming conflict with an already established franchise.

The sign still says boiling seafood.

Hashtag on Santa Fe is now closed. It was coffee, waffles, etc. only thing open in the strip now is shaking seafood.

That strip is having a lot of turnover.

23. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by tsou89 View Post
    Hashtag on Santa Fe is now closed. It was coffee, waffles, etc. only thing open in the strip now is shaking seafood.
    That was their second (and last) location to close is it not? Any word if the owner will pursue a different type of venue?

This agenda has an interesting item #4: http://agenda.edmondok.com:8085/agen...sp=ag&seq=6910

That’s interesting. Really enjoy Sunny Side but completely questioning the MacArthur location choice. I’d welcome a location in Edmond. Hope this plays out.

Thread Information