Widgets Magazine
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmond Restaurants

Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Bonchon at Santa Fe & Danforth is having a soft opening this week and six of us went in for dinner tonight. Everything was no charge, up to and including a large $32 order of wings, limited to one dish per person. I'm not a big fried chicken fan but my wife and a friend really enjoyed their wings and will definately be going back. I had the fried rice, which was pretty good. We had bulgogi and chicken katsu as well and while both were good, we've had better at other local restaurant. There were also two spicy Korean dishes at our table that I've never heard of but they got good reviews from those who tried them. The menu was quite small but they had a large number of appetizers and several really spicy dishes, which isn't surprising for Korean food.

Our waiter said they plan to open sometime next week but they haven't yet set a definite date.

I talked to the local franchise for Bonchon and he plays a handful of more locations around OKC.

It's pretty popular in other cities.

What kind of restaurant is Bonchon? What corner of the street is this located and is there a website you can link to for more info?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    It's actually Danforth and Santa Fe.

Do you know where at Danforth and Santa Fe? Is it in the center with Buffalo Wild WIngs or near Kohls?

They added a new building on the north end of the BWW shopping center and it is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Do you know where at Danforth and Santa Fe? Is it in the center with Buffalo Wild WIngs or near Kohls?
    It's on the same corner as BWW but North of Danforth on Santa Fe. BWW's and Bonchon share an alley.

I just ate three left-over soy ginger wings and they were really, really good.

Apparently Bonchon is now open, so someone report back

I saw they're going to apply their soft opening from yesterday to their grand opening. Not sure when the grand opening is.

11. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Can't report about Bonchon but went to Kabob-N-Curry yesterday at 39th and Portland and Tikka Craze has bought them and either opened a second location or moved there from their Edmond location.... I wasn't impressed with Tikka... My biriyani was pretty close to room temperature and the rice was clumpy. The rice at Kabob-N-Curry was always perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    Can't report about Bonchon but went to Kabob-N-Curry yesterday at 39th and Portland and Tikka Craze has bought them and either opened a second location or moved there from their Edmond location.... I wasn't impressed with Tikka... My biriyani was pretty close to room temperature and the rice was clumpy. The rice at Kabob-N-Curry was always perfect.
    Booooo! I loved Kabob-N-Curry.

13. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Booooo! I loved Kabob-N-Curry.
    Same here..... Guess it shortened my trip a little. Sheesh Mahal will be my new goto spot.

Quote Originally Posted by marky_d View Post
    Apparently Bonchon is now open, so someone report back
    Went today with the family and it was very good. Popcorn chicken and fried chicken were both crisp and moist. We tried the fried octopus balls, which were a tasty mix of octopus with a hint of ginger that would emerge between bites. I had the Bull Dak, which was amazing. Spicy, flavorful, a great mix of textures.

Stopped by Bonchon. Had the potstickers which were good. Maybe twice the size of the ones you see at the average Chinese restaurant, and crispier too. Tried the boneless, the wings, and some bulgogi. The boneless was a bit dry, and a bit more on the breading compared to Chick n beer. Wings were good. Got the whole drum and thigh which was nice. Bulgogi I thought was underseasoned. I wanted to try the fries, maybe next time.

There is a Pho and Sushi restaurant going in where House of Hunan used to be at NW 178th & Santa Fe. The sign was up last night but they have a long way to go before opening. I think the interior was pretty much gutted and they are starting from scratch.

17. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

So the Taco Bell at Santa Fe and Edmond Rd has been bulldozed. Complete rebuild or is something else going there?

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    So the Taco Bell at Santa Fe and Edmond Rd has been bulldozed. Complete rebuild or is something else going there?
    That property was recently sold to the local franchisee of Burger King.

Also is a franchisee for The Blaze, which has one OKC location at 2140 W. Memorial.

Just a hunch, but I bet this will be for The Blaze.

19. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

As in Blaze Pizza?

Quote Originally Posted by worthy cook View Post
    As in Blaze Pizza?
    Yes.

I'm 98% sure it will be for The Blaze as that seems to be a much higher growth opportunity than Burger King.

http://www.blazepizza.com/

Lebron to Edmond, confirmed.

I have heard that it will remain a Taco Bell, and that the complete rebuild was because the access points and drive thru layout was just horrible for that space.

Quote Originally Posted by d-usa View Post
    I have heard that it will remain a Taco Bell, and that the complete rebuild was because the access points and drive thru layout was just horrible for that space.
    Yeah, just looked at this more closely and this franchisee also owns some OKC Taco Bells.

I bet it will be a scrape and re-do like the one they did near Film Row.

It's a tear down and rebuild. Same thing will happen to Braum's on Danforth soon.

25. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by jjjumper View Post
    It's a tear down and rebuild. Same thing will happen to Braum's on Danforth soon.
    Good, that place needs it.

Thread Information