My wife and I enjoy going to the new restaurants in Oklahoma City, but we also enjoy eating at a number of restaurants in Edmond. Three of the Edmond restaurants we tried over the last few weeks have been very good.

Café Icon, located just west of Target, is owned by the couple who used to own Tropical Café. It's sort of an out of the way location, but the food was good and the restaurant is beautiful. We both had sushi, but they also have steak and fish. It is a little pricey, but we will be going back.

Just down a few doors is a Mediterranean restaurant called Simply Falafel. The prices are very reasonable and we both felt the food was some of the best Mediterranean food we've had. We split a vegetarian platter and both had tomato basil soup. The falafel they serve is the best I've had....excellent flavor and texture.

We both like Ethiopian food and have eaten at Queen of Sheba numerous times, but Edmond now has one on Second Street just west of Broadway....it called Haiget's It's in the same location that Nick's Thai Palace was in. Here we also split a vegetarian platter and some appetizers...and it was very good. Their menu is half Ethiopian and half Kenyan and the next time we go we plan on trying some Kenyan food. For the most part, Edmond is a steak and potato type of city, so I hope Haiget's can make it....the Blue Nile Ethiopian restaurant at 33rd and Broadway only lasted about year. The owners of Haiget's are great and it's worth a try if you haven't had Ethiopian food.

Zarate's, Sushi Bar, Thai Delight and Los Arcos are some others we also like.