Widgets Magazine
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmond Restaurants

Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by BlackmoreRulz View Post
    Schlotzky's on Danforth set to open next Thursday the 23rd.
    Where on Danforth?

east of Kelly where Ken's Pizza was. I'm probably looking forward to Cinnibon more

Where is cinnibon going? I haven't heard of this although it would be a great sized store for somewhere in downtown Edmond but I'd surprised to see it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Where is cinnibon going? I haven't heard of this although it would be a great sized store for somewhere in downtown Edmond but I'd surprised to see it at this point.
    Cinnibons are located inside Schlotzky's nowadays. I don't think there are any stand alone Cinnibons in the state.

5. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Cinnibons are located inside Schlotzky's nowadays. I don't think there are any stand alone Cinnibons in the state.
    The first will be inside WRWA...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    thank you for the clarification.

House of Hunan at NW 178th & Santa Fe has closed due to losing their lease. I don't know the details but they are looking for a smaller location to lease, preferably one already set up as a restaurant. They are aware of the new strip malls popping up in that area but they are looking for space in an established retail location. I think they have a small core of regular dine-in customers, like me and my wife, and a lot of take-out customers, so they don't need a huge space.

Anyone have any suggestions? I don't know if they even know the best way to go about searching since they bought the restaurant as-is a few years ago.

House of Hunan also violated their lease and had major cleanliness issues, I have heard. I would not patronize a new location for them.

9. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

I don't know if has been discussed but I'd like to give a shout out to the One Café. It's located just west of 15th and Boulevard on the south side of the road. They have great sandwiches and crepes, savory and sweet. I usually go with the real Honey Chicken sandwich. It's a bit tight in there so lunch time is pretty cramped but regardless go check it out. The owner and his family are really nice too.

https://www.facebook.com/The-One-Cafe-166458796771465/

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    House of Hunan also violated their lease and had major cleanliness issues, I have heard. I would not patronize a new location for them.
    I got the impression that the lease situation went south but hadn't heard about cleanliness issues. That's too bad because it's one of our favorite restaurants. I told my wife that I don't really expect them to re-open, given the circumstances of their closing, but one can always hope they will re-open and fix the cleanliness issues.

The cleanliness issues I heard about were regarding their kitchen. It is too gross to describe, from what I've heard.

I'm worried about Cantina de los Milagros as well now. They have that big [what used to be] beautiful saltwater fish tank. They either need to clean it up or get rid of it. It is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    The cleanliness issues I heard about were regarding their kitchen. It is too gross to describe, from what I've heard.
    They should have cried for help to Restaurant Impossible, if that show is still in production.

Bonchon Korean fried chicken and wings is going into the new strip mall on Santa Fe just north of danforth. The sign is up and they are working on the interior.
    Heard their wings are great.

https://bonchon.com

Quote Originally Posted by tsou89 View Post
    Bonchon Korean fried chicken and wings is going into the new strip mall on Santa Fe just north of danforth. The sign is up and they are working on the interior.
    Heard their wings are great.

https://bonchon.com
    We just drove by and saw this place. My wife and our houseguest, both Asian and both Korean food fanatics, are very excited. The photos on their website have me looking forward to them opening but they don't appear to be opening any time soon.

We've eaten at a new place called Matachines, it is a fantastic authentic Mexican restaurant on 15th St. It's right next door to Aspen Coffee House.
    I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rom View Post
    We've eaten at a new place called Matachines, it is a fantastic authentic Mexican restaurant on 15th St. It's right next door to Aspen Coffee House.
    I highly recommend it.
    Strange question. Did you ever eat at Pepe's? And if so, how would you compare?

18. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Rom View Post
    I highly recommend it.
    Second!

19. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

The wife and I wanted to try some place different for lunch the other day. So, a quick Yelp search suggested The One Cafe - 122 East 15th in Edmond.

Gotta say, I'm very glad we did. I've driven by this place many times, and honestly, the street view of the restaurant never really appealed to me.

The One Cafe is a very small locally owned establishment that (according to their website) "features poke bowls, unique sandwiches, grilled paninis, breakfast crepes, savory crepes, dessert crepes, and salads."

Though small, the place was very pleasant, clean, had the AC running and the couple behind the counter greeted us with a big genuine smile. Three or four tables were already taken by what looked to be elderly regulars and then a table of students from UCO.

They promote the crepes, but it was the poke sushi bowls that got my attention. I haven't had those since our last trip to a tiny cafe in NYC.

So, I ordered a poke bowl on lettuce with spicy tuna, salmon, wasabi, avocado, crab, cucumbers, onion, spicy mayo, ginger, masago, and sesame seeds.

The wife ordered bacon ranch chicken club sandwich. In the end we both shared. The poke bowl and sandwich were both really good. In all honesty, we could have easily just shared the poke bowl. Regardless, they were fresh, full of flavor and different than the average lunch in the area.

Next time we are definitely trying the crepes, as we saw several being made and they look delicious.

The total was $17 and some change.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/The-One-Cafe-166458796771465/

19366232_10213245850442503_7899150170485541401_n.jpg

Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-one-cafe-edmond

Zomato: https://www.zomato.com/oklahoma-city...al-edmond/info

20. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

The Real Honey chicken sandwich is really good. Very underrated place

Crepes (breakfast, I think) weren't that great when we tried them a few years ago (only restaurant crepes we've had were in Paris and from street carts in Paris, so a high standard to live up to ), they just didn't have enough flavor to them, IIRC.

22. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

I may have missed it already posted here or on another thread, but I hear the Rocky Mountain Grill (formerly at 231 S. Coltrane) is getting ready to open at 3600 E. I-35.

That is just south of East 33rd on I-35, on the east side in a small shopping center that has sat mostly empty for years.

Looking forward to patronizing this place again.

23. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Steve's Rib is apparently opening up next to Sam's in Edmond off I-35. Saw their sign on the building by the Great Clips yesterday.

We've been waiting for Rocky Mountain Grill to reopen as it's in our weekend breakfast rotation. They were supposed to reopen at the new location in May but apparently have run into to some financial obstacles and it has slowed them down. The last time I checked their Facebook page there they did not have an expected opening date.i really hope they can get it opened. We've missed it.

25. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Debzkidz View Post
    We've been waiting for Rocky Mountain Grill to reopen as it's in our weekend breakfast rotation. They were supposed to reopen at the new location in May but apparently have run into to some financial obstacles and it has slowed them down. The last time I checked their Facebook page there they did not have an expected opening date.i really hope they can get it opened. We've missed it.
    I drove by the supposed new location. I think I identified the space they are looking to occupy. Not much work had been done inside. It's a long ways from opening.

Thread Information