Widgets Magazine
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmond Restaurants

Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

I have eaten at Jerusalem and the chicken shawarma is hella good. Get their Turkish coffee while you are at it. Small cup, but it doesn't disappoint on flavors.

Oh man. It was recommended by some friends that we try Zarate's Latin Mexican Grill on Broadway and I'm so glad we did. The food and service at this place is incredible. I love me some Peruvian food!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    Oh man. It was recommended by some friends that we try Zarate's Latin Mexican Grill on Broadway and I'm so glad we did. The food and service at this place is incredible. I love me some Peruvian food!
    Dustin,
    I have enjoyed their food for over ten years. I have seen a few critical remarks on this site about them so I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    C. T.

4. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
    I think Zarate's used to be much better than the last two times I went. I don't know what happened but the food just isn't what it used to be!

I used to love when they had live music. It was always the same guy doing Michael Buble songs haha.

Tucker's Onion Burgers coming to Downtown Edmond.

http://www.edmondsun.com/news/urban-...ae2c75535.html

6. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Tucker's Onion Burgers coming to Downtown Edmond.

http://www.edmondsun.com/news/urban-...ae2c75535.html
    My Edmond burger rotation just keeps getting bigger... Way back, Ron's, Garage, Earl's, Interurban and now Tucker's!

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    My Edmond burger rotation just keeps getting bigger... Way back, Ron's, Garage, Earl's, Interurban and now Tucker's!
    What!? Whataburger isn't on your rotation!?!?! lol. It's one of the first places I stop at when I'm back in OKC.

But yeah there is a fine selection of restaurants coming to Edmond. I hope you've heard about The new Ice House restaurant and there is a seafood bar called The Roost going right next to it as well.

8. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Very pleased that Thai Delight is moving back closer to us, next to the Sam's Club. I saw their sign up in the new shopping center and the buildout seems to be going fast. This was a regular dinner spot for the wife and I when they were in Bryant Square. We go to their location on Broadway and 33rd, but not very often.

9. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Our current regular rotation of Edmond eateries is; Way Back Burgers, Zarate's, Fuzzy's, Thai Delight, Covell Park, Fish City and Cool Greens. With Fish City probably being my current 'favorite.'

Fish City is amazing. Perhaps one of the best seafood joints in OKC. I always ask for the their spicy steamboiled shrimp. Those waffle fries are incredible.

I'm not a fan of oysters, but the oyster nachos at Fish City are really good.
    C. T.

I haven't seen anything about this here -

http://www.wickedpiston.com/

It's a car/motorcycle themed bar and grill near 2nd and Bryant. It looks cool. My wife and I will probably check it out this weekend.

That bar is in the old location of that 2nd floor coffee shop which closed down a while back.

Papa Dino's opening in Homestead at Santa Fe and Danforth. Apparently a 2nd location.
    http://www.papadinosonline.com

Papa Dino's is simply reopening their Edmond location. For years, they were located right across the street from the UCO campus on N University Dr, just south of Campbell St, next door to Textbook Brokers. Not sure when they shut down that location; Google Maps Street View seems to suggest sometime between this summer and last summer. This is a great move for Papa Dino's - they have good, cheap pizza and calazones but their old building on University was really run down and kinda nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by baralheia View Post
    Papa Dino's is simply reopening their Edmond location. For years, they were located right across the street from the UCO campus on N University Dr, just south of Campbell St, next door to Textbook Brokers. Not sure when they shut down that location; Google Maps Street View seems to suggest sometime between this summer and last summer. This is a great move for Papa Dino's - they have good, cheap pizza and calazones but their old building on University was really run down and kinda nasty.
    Awesome to hear it's a quality restaurant. I live nearby and look forward to giving it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I haven't seen anything about this here -

http://www.wickedpiston.com/

It's a car/motorcycle themed bar and grill near 2nd and Bryant. It looks cool. My wife and I will probably check it out this weekend.
    Tried it about a week ago. Had the hummus app and split a burger. Food was good. Beer selection was decent too. Not a place I would kill to get back to but better than average.

I also tried Mutts for the 1st time yesterday. Tried to give them plenty of time to settle in. BBQ bacon burger and FF. Iced tea. Had a $3 off coupon and still ran me over $8. Burger was good. FF very average. Again, gotta do more than that to make me want to pay $11 for a burger and FF. Not that I won't go back but just nothing special.

Anxious for the new Garage location to open.

Pepe's has permanently closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Pepe's has permanently closed.
    Yeah. It was rather sudden but not unexpected. Juan Pepe was a close friend for 30+ years. When he passed last year they were going to close then but after much urging Mrs. Gonzalez decided to give it a try. It never really recovered. Very sad as it was a family gathering spot for me. At least Casa de los milagros (his other place) is still open on classen. The buildong is now for sale and is a prime location on Broadway so will.be interested in what goes in.

Quote Originally Posted by tsou89 View Post
    Tried it about a week ago. Had the hummus app and split a burger. Food was good. Beer selection was decent too. Not a place I would kill to get back to but better than average.

I also tried Mutts for the 1st time yesterday. Tried to give them plenty of time to settle in. BBQ bacon burger and FF. Iced tea. Had a $3 off coupon and still ran me over $8. Burger was good. FF very average. Again, gotta do more than that to make me want to pay $11 for a burger and FF. Not that I won't go back but just nothing special.

Anxious for the new Garage location to open.
    Sad that Wicked Piston canned 50 cent wing night on Mondays (and karaoke haha). Where is the new Garage location going?

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Yeah. It was rather sudden but not unexpected. Juan Pepe was a close friend for 30+ years. When he passed last year they were going to close then but after much urging Mrs. Gonzalez decided to give it a try. It never really recovered. Very sad as it was a family gathering spot for me. At least Casa de los milagros (his other place) is still open on classen. The buildong is now for sale and is a prime location on Broadway so will.be interested in what goes in.
    Sorry to hear that. It was a great place and will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by marky_d View Post
    Sad that Wicked Piston canned 50 cent wing night on Mondays (and karaoke haha). Where is the new Garage location going?
    Near Qdoba off Covell.

24. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Looks like House of Hunan on Santa Fe and 2nd street next to the old Homeland finally closed it's doors. It was a long time staple of ours, but there was rarely anyone else in there over out last few trips. Sad but probably the right business decision.

Schlotzky's on Danforth set to open next Thursday the 23rd.

Thread Information