Widgets Magazine
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmond Restaurants

1. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Finally got around to trying Zarate's last night with some friends. Gotta, say, pleasantly surprised.

The place was packed when we arrived, but we were seated within about 10 minutes.

Very friendly service, great menu and the food was really, really good. I had the ceviche and absolutely loved their take on it.

Of course we couldn't leave without ordering churros and flan for the table.

Definitely on our restaurant rotation.

Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Agreed. We've been going there for years....oh maybe every 2 or 3 months now since we moved out of Edmond into OKC proper. Food is very fresh and good. Their menu at first used to have so many items on like a menu from Cheesecake Factory, however they cut it back several years ago to focus on freshness instead of volume. I like their beer selection as well. They have a nice thing going on up there at Zarate's.

Blog Entries

Was in Edmond late yesterday and on way home picked up two pizzas from Humble Pie...one Chicago Style and one NY. They were very good! Big hit at my house and the place was very busy about 645 when picked up. My first for there but highly recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by okatty View Post
    Was in Edmond late yesterday and on way home picked up two pizzas from Humble Pie...one Chicago Style and one NY. They were very good! Big hit at my house and the place was very busy about 645 when picked up. My first for there but highly recommend.
    Humble Pie's Chicago style pizzas are as close as you're going to get to the best that they have up there - Lou Malnati's (yeah, I know, some say Gino's, some say Giordano's, most say Uno, but Malnati's has a great butter crust the rest don't have), we've been a fan of Humble Pie (and Malnati's ) for a long time. Glad they have another fan...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Humble Pie's Chicago style pizzas are as close as you're going to get to the best that they have up there - Lou Malnati's (yeah, I know, some say Gino's, some say Giordano's, most say Uno, but Malnati's has a great butter crust the rest don't have), we've been a fan of Humble Pie (and Malnati's ) for a long time. Glad they have another fan...
    Malnati's is the best! Giordano's is good too. Gino's is trash. With that being said, i've only been to humble pie once a couple years ago, but felt that their pizza was pretty good

Fuzzys had their grand opening today in Spring Creek Plaza. I went by and the patio and space is very large. Going to be a hit for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Fuzzys had their grand opening today in Spring Creek Plaza. I went by and the patio and space is very large. Going to be a hit for sure.
    Ok, I'm lost, where is Spring Creek Plaza. Is it 1462 South Bryant? That seems to be the only Edmond location on the Fuzzy's web page.
    C. T.

8. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

NW Corner of 15th and Bryant

Yes, it is on the side near the Panera Bread.

Did you eat there? IF so, what did you order? Someone give us report. I'm wanting to go try them but will wait for a review.

I love me some Fuzzys. I'm a regular at their downtown location, and in Norman. This one is about 2 miles from work so I've been excited for it. Went by tonight and hung out for a couple of hours. It was crazy packed. I didn't eat tonight but I did have a couple "most interesting margaritas in the world". Their salsa is great, and they put spice on their chips. Their tacos are very street style, so very good. The food line was nuts tonight but should slow down in a couple of weeks.

Now I've been to Pickles. At the entry is a dessert display. Someone had recommended the chicken fried steak. Having not had one in about 10 years, I figured from looking at orders being delivered, this would be as good a place as any to try one again. Indeed, it was very large but on closer examination apparent that there was little 'meat' to stick the fork into. What a weird thing to do with steak! That's the nature of CFS, I guess. It was tasty and the mashed potatoes were fair enough. 'Veggie of the Day' was green beans which was handy for me since none of the other sides would work with my entree and mashed po's. Friend had a ribeye which was about what one might expect from a place like that. Not bad but not steakhouse material either. Interestingly, one side listed was tomato slices! An adjacent table included kids, one eating pancakes, another, spaghetti w/ meatballs. Everyone at that table had dessert cake (even the pancake kid). Menu included breakfast, lunch and supper. Service was reasonable. Not a place I'll return to unless someone I'm with wants to, and I would try something more substantial. Everything looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    Did you eat there? IF so, what did you order? Someone give us report. I'm wanting to go try them but will wait for a review.
    Everything is good at Fuzzy's.

Their quesadillas and nachos are two of my favorites. And you can't go wrong with any of their tacos; just pick the protein you like best and go to town!

14. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

After two previously failed attempts to eat at the new Edmond Fuzzy's (line out the door), we finally made it for a late lunch.

Even then the line was still almost to the door. Really liked the place. Did some tacos, tortilla soup and chips, salsa and guac. All were really good and priced fair. Hopefully they'll get through the opening pains and speed up the order taking process - took way longer than it should have. We will definitely be back.

Been going to Fuzzy's for years in Texas. They have super awesome chicken nachos and it's a mountainous plate. All of their tacos are phenomenal. They do it a bit different with the feta cheese. I love their "butt burnin'" taco sauce. I don't think you could ever go wrong at Fuzzy's!

I saw this in Today's Norman Transcript. Torchy Tacos coming to Norman. One of 6 new locations in Oklahoma! Maybe Edmond will be next!

Many new businesses coming soon to Norman

17. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    I saw this in Today's Norman Transcript. Torchy Tacos coming to Norman. One of 6 new locations in Oklahoma! Maybe Edmond will be next!

That is awesome! We go there multiple times on each trip to Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post

This place is superb. Very excited about it

Quote Originally Posted by boscorama View Post
    Now I've been to Pickles. At the entry is a dessert display. Someone had recommended the chicken fried steak. Having not had one in about 10 years, I figured from looking at orders being delivered, this would be as good a place as any to try one again. Indeed, it was very large but on closer examination apparent that there was little 'meat' to stick the fork into. What a weird thing to do with steak! That's the nature of CFS, I guess. It was tasty and the mashed potatoes were fair enough. 'Veggie of the Day' was green beans which was handy for me since none of the other sides would work with my entree and mashed po's. Friend had a ribeye which was about what one might expect from a place like that. Not bad but not steakhouse material either. Interestingly, one side listed was tomato slices! An adjacent table included kids, one eating pancakes, another, spaghetti w/ meatballs. Everyone at that table had dessert cake (even the pancake kid). Menu included breakfast, lunch and supper. Service was reasonable. Not a place I'll return to unless someone I'm with wants to, and I would try something more substantial. Everything looked good.
    My wife got the CFS there the time we went. I was not impressed. It had decent flavor but almost no meat, There are much better CFSes in the world.

I do like that it is a local place where you can get breakfast for dinner. I don't know of any others, but overall I agree with you, I wouldn't not go there again but I also won't make it a point to go.

Quote Originally Posted by gurantula35 View Post
    This place is superb. Very excited about it
    I just checked out their website and it definately looks like a place I would frequent. I love street tacos!!!!!

Kens pizza on danforth is closing.

Quote Originally Posted by tsou89 View Post
    I had a basic pizza from there the other day at a friend's watch party and it was terrible.

I'm trying to be upset, but I gave that place a couple of chances. Always poorly staffed when I went by, extremely slow service, and pricey for the quality (I'll pay $15-20 for a pizza, but it's got to be better than fast food quality).

I did the lunch buffet once. I really wanted to like it, but it was just not good.

I was excited when it opened. Hoping it would be like the Ken's of old. But not of the theme was similar and I didn't even think the pizza tasted like Ken's. The Ken's pizza at Mazzio's is exactly like I remember Ken's, but that is not what they had at this Ken's.

I saw no reason to go back.

Thread Information