Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmond Restaurants

Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Anyone tried Covell Park yet? We're planning on going, just haven't gotten the chance yet.

Passed by and looked to see how it was. Cool atmosphere. Haven't tried it though.

My wife and I have eaten at Gurnsey Park a number of times and have always liked it, so today we ate lunch at Covell Park. Bottom it's outstanding. The food, decor and atmosphere are all first class and Edmond is fortunate to have them here.

We had house salad, Pork Belly Mac & Cheese and Smoked Salmon appetizer. The food was excellent, the presentation was outstanding and the service was friendly and attentive.

Friday and Saturday nights they have live jazz from 7-10 and on Saturday and Sunday they serve brunch from 10am - 2pm. Both their dinner and brunch menus look delicious, so I know Covell Park will become part of our rotation.

4. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Yeah, the wife and I and some friends have eaten at Covell Park a few times now and really like it (atmosphere, staff, food - all spot on). We usually do a mixture of sushi and appetizers.

I just wish they had the Scotch Egg on the menu like they have at Guernsey Park.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Yeah, the wife and I and some friends have eaten at Covell Park a few times now and really like it (atmosphere, staff, food - all spot on). We usually do a mixture of sushi and appetizers.

I just wish they had the Scotch Egg on the menu like they have at Guernsey Park.
    I heard the Scotch Egg was removed from Guernsey's menu as well. My wife loves it, and someone told her it's gone.

Friend tells me Delta Cafe has closed.

Yes I saw it in the paper this week.

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    I heard the Scotch Egg was removed from Guernsey's menu as well. My wife loves it, and someone told her it's gone.
    Wonder if this has to do with the egg shortage.

Quote Originally Posted by boscorama View Post
    Friend tells me Delta Cafe has closed.
    If they're anything like the Delta Cafe in Shawnee, good riddance!

10. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by soonermike81 View Post
    Well, that stinks! That was the only reason I could talk her into driving all the way there for dinner. Guess I'll have to check it off my list (too bad).

Doubt it has to do with the egg shortage. How many of these could they possibly have been making on any given day? Probably a problem with preparation and getting it right every time. No idea though.

Fish City- Been there a few times, it's solid. Much prefer Pappadeaux. 3.5/5
    Thai Delight- My favorite Thai in the metro so far. Haven't tried all the thai places but love their food. They have good service also. They also surprisingly have solid sushi. 4.5/5
    Lemongrass- Yum, they can make things very spicey for you which is nice. Good food. Good service. 4/5
    Pepperoni Grill- Solid, went there once. 3.5/5
    Los Arcos- Yum, good food. 3.5/5
    Chelinos- Thumbs up here. 4/5
    Teds- Expensive but yummy. I prefer Chelinos though. 3.5/5
    Simply Falafel- Not a huge med fan, but they had really yummy food here. 4/5
    Dot Wo- Solid chinese food. Much better than the china house, great wall, el cheapo chinese around here. 4/5
    Interurban- It's decent, frequent the place for familiar foods. 3.5/5
    Othellos- It's okay... not my favorite. Last time, got something can't remember, but was disappointed. Cool downtown location though 2.5/5
    Sweeny's- Yum! Cool downtown location. Was surprised by their food. 4/5
    The Garage- Little OKC area chain. I enjoy going there. 4/5
    Flattire- Pretty good. 3.5/5
    Nhinja- It's okay. Cheap sushi, somewhat decent fusion. Not my favorite. 2/5
    Cool Greens- Good food, too expensive, took away soup from wrap/salad and make you pay more. Disappointing. 3/5

Places I want to try before I move. Zarates, boulevard, signature grill, covell park.

That's all I got for now.

I was driving through the shopping center on 2nd St near Bryant, where the Pei Wei is and I noticed another new restaurant has gone in there. Where Jersey Mikes used to be is now a place called The Hash, A Retro Diner. It didn't appear to be open at the time I drove by, which was late in the afternoon, but I could see tables inside that looked like they had tablecloths and appeared to be set. I did a quick Google search, but didn't find anything. Anyone know anything?

Quote Originally Posted by zachj7 View Post
    Thai Delight- My favorite Thai in the metro so far. Haven't tried all the thai places but love their food. They have good service also. They also surprisingly have solid sushi. 4.5/5
    Lemongrass- Yum, they can make things very spicey for you which is nice. Good food. Good service. 4/5
    Dot Wo- Solid chinese food. Much better than the china house, great wall, el cheapo chinese around here. 4/5
    Othellos- It's okay... not my favorite. Last time, got something can't remember, but was disappointed. Cool downtown location though 2.5/5
    Cool Greens- Good food, too expensive, took away soup from wrap/salad and make you pay more. Disappointing. 3/5

Places I want to try before I move. Zarates, boulevard, signature grill, covell park.

As a soon to be resident of Edmond I appreciate your short reviews!

Quote Originally Posted by jccouger View Post
    As a soon to be resident of Edmond I appreciate your short reviews!
    Jccouger,
    Be sure and put Zarate's on your list. They are pretty good. Plus, they have some South American (Peru I believe) dishes. The original owner was from Peru but I don't know if he still owns it. I don't know where you will be living, but an excellent Asian restaurant fairly close to Southwest Edmond is Szechuan Bistro on the Southeast side of Memorial and Western. But exclusively Edmond, my favorite Asian restaurants are Dot Wo and what used to be Kang's. The Edmond Kang's has changed their name to Nhinja Sushi & Wok. I have spent close to a year in England and my friend from London came here this spring for a couple of months, and we tried Sweeney McGann's on North Broadway and tried the fish and chips. My friend has been over here many times and we have traveled all over the country and she said it was the best fish and chips she has had in America. On another visit, I had the club sandwich and I thought it was really good too. I can't disagree too much with Zach's choices, so it looks like you have a pretty good selection. He didn't mention steak, and Boulevard Steak House is really fine dining. There are a lot of others, good pizza, decent barbecue, and lots of fast food. Have fun.
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Jccouger,
    Be sure and put Zarate's on your list. They are pretty good. Plus, they have some South American (Peru I believe) dishes. The original owner was from Peru but I don't know if he still owns it. I don't know where you will be living, but an excellent Asian restaurant fairly close to Southwest Edmond is Szechuan Bistro on the Southeast side of Memorial and Western. But exclusively Edmond, my favorite Asian restaurants are Dot Wo and what used to be Kang's. The Edmond Kang's has changed their name to Nhinja Sushi & Wok. I have spent close to a year in England and my friend from London came here this spring for a couple of months, and we tried Sweeney McGann's on North Broadway and tried the fish and chips. My friend has been over here many times and we have traveled all over the country and she said it was the best fish and chips she has had in America. On another visit, I had the club sandwich and I thought it was really good too. I can't disagree too much with Zach's choices, so it looks like you have a pretty good selection. He didn't mention steak, and Boulevard Steak House is really fine dining. There are a lot of others, good pizza, decent barbecue, and lots of fast food. Have fun.
    C. T.
    My Fiance has immediate family from South America (Guyana) & England so Zarate's & Sweeney McGann's will be high on our list!
    Thank you for your recommendations Chandler.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchandler View Post
    Jccouger,
    Be sure and put Zarate's on your list. They are pretty good. Plus, they have some South American (Peru I believe) dishes. The original owner was from Peru but I don't know if he still owns it. ...
    Not sure when the last time you went to Zarate's was, CT - IMO, they were really good years ago, but in the past couple of years, they've slid - not as many dishes, not as good, different recipes, not as much food on the plate, etc. We don't go there anymore, sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Not sure when the last time you went to Zarate's was, CT - IMO, they were really good years ago, but in the past couple of years, they've slid - not as many dishes, not as good, different recipes, not as much food on the plate, etc. We don't go there anymore, sadly...
    TheTravellers,
    Actually, it was last fall and our meals were really good. We both ordered Peruvian entrees and we were very satisfied. Unfortunately, with my health I don't go out to eat often and I should mention that when I post a note about a place because I know they can go South at a moments notice.
    C. T.

Quote Originally Posted by zachj7 View Post

You should try Zen at 33rd & Broadway. It's my favorite Asian fusion in Edmond, plus it's owned by a local family. Szechuan Bistro on Memorial is fantastic, but I don't consider that Edmond.

Theanvil, I have been to Szechuan and it is solid. One of the better places around. Thanks for the recommendation on Zen. I see it all the time on the road and have considered but I'll be sure to check it out.

I forgot to mention the Bayou Bakery and Grill in Kickingbird Square. They are very good. I have been there four or five times in the last couple of years and plan on going back when my friend from London comes back to town.
    C. T.

Zarate's has been one of our favorites for years and my wife and I haven't noticed any type of drop off in their food. Our favorite dish is vegetable mofongo....it's outstanding!
    Another restaurant we like is Let's Do Greek on 15th just west of Broadway. They have a vegetarian stew that is extremely good...somewhat reminds me of rasam soup.
    Also, I had mentioned earlier about Covell Park and just want to toss it's name out again. We've been there for brunch, lunch and dinner and every time it's been outstanding. Give it a try if you haven't been there.

22. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Anybody know when the Fuzzy's Taco Shop is set to open in Edmond at 15th and Bryant?

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Anybody know when the Fuzzy's Taco Shop is set to open in Edmond at 15th and Bryant?
    They haven't given a firm date, but post regular updates on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FuzzysEdmond

24. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Tried The Hash for lunch the other day. It is in the old Jersey Mikes location next to Pei Wei by 2nd and Bryant. I thought it was great. Breakfast all day as well. I got the pork chop and my wife and dad both got breakfast meals and we all had clean plates. No tv, no music, so It was nice and relaxing. def will be going back

Anyone been to Pickles? I don't feel particularly compelled to try it, based on the few people who've told me about it. Reviews were not negative, just uninspiring.

Thread Information