Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmond Restaurants

Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Del Taco? I was hoping for something more interesting where Alvarados was. Wasn't Alvarado's an Italian restaurant back in the day?

Was sad to hear Grille 16 closed its doors. I'm hoping I received bad info on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Have heard good things about Lemongrass Thai (Santa Fe) but haven't tried it.
    Lemongrass is the Thai place we eat at. Admittedly, we haven't tried every Thai place in the metro (tried a few, and also eaten at lots of other Thai places not in OK), but they are consistently good. Duck curry, four-flavor cod, tom kha soup, pad thai, other curries, pretty much everything we've had there has been really good - full of flavor, spicy (I like things quite hot, so I get it at the top of their scale and it doesn't disappoint), fresh ingredients. The spring rolls used to be good, but they were a completely different thing last time we were there, and not in a good way (too fat, not fried enough, just not as good). Their mango sticky rice is wonderful, enough to split between 2 people, though.

Lemongrass is fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Jettmiester View Post
    Del Taco? I was hoping for something more interesting where Alvarados was. Wasn't Alvarado's an Italian restaurant back in the day?
    I think it was maybe a pizza place (if that qualifies as italian?)

Also, from what I have seen thus far, the move appears to have not had a negative affect on Alvarado's. They appear to be pretty busy at least at the times I am there. I haven't talked to Carlos much since they've been in there a few weeks, but they seem to be doing alright.

Also as far as the Thai Food discussion, I liked Lemongrass okay, but it was no Thai Palace. Lemongrass always seemed a little stingy on portions to me but the food was alright.

I've been to Alvarado's a few times in the past couple weeks and it's been the busiest I've ever seen it. I was there not exactly at busy times (2, 3 PM) and there were still at least a few tables of people there. By the time I left one of the times, there was a wait, which never happened at the old location. Glad to see it's doing well since it definitely deserves it.

Pepperoni Grill coming to Covell and Kelly

Site plan for a new Pepperoni Grill Restaurant approved

The commercial site plan for a new Pepperoni Grill Restaurant was approved 5-0 this week by the Edmond Planning Commission. No further action is required by the City of Edmond on this matter, Moore said.

Pepperoni Grill will be constructed on the south side of Covell Road, west of Walgreens Pharmacy at Kelly Avenue and Covell Road, Schiermeyer said.

The 5,437-square-foot brick veneer building will be 24 feet tall with 30 parking spaces with cross-access parking agreements, Schiermeyer said.

About 3,500 square feet of the building will make up the restaurant and the remainder of the building will be reserved for retail, he said.

- See more at: Commercial site plan approved for Davis Pump » Local News » The Edmond Sun

There are also signs for a restaurant called Cove Park in one of the spaces adjacent to Uptown Market. It's from the people who did Guernsey Park in Uptown, so I suspect an asian fusion concept.

9. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    Pepperoni Grill coming to Covell and Kelly
    Could that mean they are moving out of PSM and Texas de Brazil would be moving in that location?

I don't think that will be case. Could be though.

We had lunch at the new Qdoba at Covell & Kelly on Sunday. .. Pretty darn tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    There are also signs for a restaurant called Cove Park in one of the spaces adjacent to Uptown Market. It's from the people who did Guernsey Park in Uptown, so I suspect an asian fusion concept.
    So I misread the sign originally, the name is "Covell Park". Signs are now up, and construction is underway inside.

I guess Guersney Park is opening an Edmond location. Cant get enough of that place. Definitely looking forward to smashing on some chicken lollipops. Not sure on exact location.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    I guess Guersney Park is opening an Edmond location. Cant get enough of that place. Definitely looking forward to smashing on some chicken lollipops. Not sure on exact location.
    Where did you hear this?

Where did you hear this?
    It was in The Oklahoman about a month ago. My wife and I have eaten at Guernsey Park several times, so we are really looking forward to having something similar in Edmond.

Grilling Oke-Asian | News OK

"Covell Park, in Edmond, will be a sister restaurant to Guernsey Park. Nguyen said all signs point to a September opening in a space adjacent to Uptown Grocery"

I had to post about a recent awesome Edmond restaurant experience. Cafe Icon in Edmond off 2nd by Target. It's a little bit off the path, but it is WELL worth it! I was told that it's the same people that ran (but shut down) tropical cafe on Edmond Road & Kelly. It's a sushi place and it's PHENOMENAL! We tried it because so many people raved about it, but it met our very high expectations for sushi! And the inside of the place is really cool and modern too. I really hope this place sticks around because it's excellent!

My personal favorite restaurant in Edmond Is Fish City in the Spring Creek Shopping center off 15th and Bryant. They have daily fresh fish specials and a excellent fried seafood platter. Their Oyster Nachos are worth the drive in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by loveOKC View Post
    My personal favorite restaurant in Edmond Is Fish City in the Spring Creek Shopping center off 15th and Bryant. They have daily fresh fish specials and a excellent fried seafood platter. Their Oyster Nachos are worth the drive in itself.
    we've probably seen each other at one point or another because I eat there all the time.

Fish City is awesome

Where did you hear this?
    Probably read it in post #33 and #37 of this thread.

21. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

As I was going to lunch I saw that Snow Pea is putting in a restaurant in the old Del Rancho location on the SW corner of 2nd and Kelly. Does anyone know if its the same SP that's been on Western across from Nichols Hills Plaza for the longest time? And are they moving or just expanding? Regardless I cant wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Probably read it in post #33 and #37 of this thread.
    Interestingly enough..I didn't see those posts. I just eat there quite a bit, and the night before posting had actually had a quick conversation with the owner. My wife told him how much we love it, but that's its such a pain to drive from Edmond to eat there. He then said "Well...You're in luck, because I'm opening a restaurant in Edmond." We gave each other high fives, and took 7 shots together. It was the next day before I remember anything....and although it was a bit fuzzy...I guess I didn't pick up on the fact that it wouldn't be called Guernsey Park. But calling Covell Park obviously makes sense......since you know...its on Covell, and not on Guernsey Street.

We went to Ken's Pizza last week at lunchtime. Pizza was fair enough. However, the service was slightly weird. There was a hostess stand, attended by an employee who directed us to the counter to place our order. After ordering and paying in advance (buffet), we waited, literally, about 10 minutes before someone delivered our drinks. I noticed other tables having finished their salads with still no drink. Seriously, I'd just as soon get my own drink! Oh, and the napkins were the absolute cheapest, most worthless pieces of tissue ever, a throwback to some sorry-azz days.

On another note, Ken's in Guthrie is "temporarily closed", according to signage on the door.

Quote Originally Posted by boscorama View Post
    On another note, Ken's in Guthrie is "temporarily closed", according to signage on the door.
    From the Ken's Pizza Facebook...

Someone Asked: Are you closing your Guthrie store?

Kens Pizza "The Pizza That Brings You Back": Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    Interestingly enough..I didn't see those posts. I just eat there quite a bit, and the night before posting had actually had a quick conversation with the owner. My wife told him how much we love it, but that's its such a pain to drive from Edmond to eat there. He then said "Well...You're in luck, because I'm opening a restaurant in Edmond." We gave each other high fives, and took 7 shots together. It was the next day before I remember anything....and although it was a bit fuzzy...I guess I didn't pick up on the fact that it wouldn't be called Guernsey Park. But calling Covell Park obviously makes sense......since you know...its on Covell, and not on Guernsey Street.
    That's funny. My wife and I high-fived when we first saw the signs too. And then we made fun of ourselves for high-fiving over a restaurant. Haha.

Thread Information