Widgets Magazine
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Edmond Restaurants

Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    And the ChickFiLa at 33rd and Broadway is undergoing a complete remodel. And it's a fairly brand new building which is odd.
    Will likely by the same as others in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by jdross1982 View Post
    Last I read they were going through a major renovation. Got approval from planning commission and city council.
    Yes looks like it is needed as well this is also one of the last 90s style McDonald's in the area. i think there are only a few more in the rough parts of OKC The last of the McDonalds with that style in Moore went in 2010 so therefore 13 years out of date

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    Yes looks like it is needed as well this is also one of the last 90s style McDonald's in the area. i think there are only a few more in the rough parts of OKC The last of the McDonalds with that style in Moore went in 2010 so therefore 13 years out of date
    Yep, which is kinda surprising they waiting until now as a lot of the utility work in the area is done but I also know the intersection of Danforth and Kelly is getting a redo. Just a weird timing.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    And the ChickFiLa at 33rd and Broadway is undergoing a complete remodel. And it's a fairly brand new building which is odd.
    I know it's their bread and butter (literally) but I feel for the drive thru workers at Chick-Fil-a in this heat. I know they have done significant renovations at most of their locations to have the shaded awnings fans, and misters, but when the heat index is 115, there is only so much you can do. Plus there isn't much downtime for a good few hours out of the day.

I haven't been by the Dutch Bros in Edmond recently, but for those that have, are they still taking orders in the parking lots with no shade structures.

About Chickfla, I dont eat there but I have noticed around lunch they have a van that sets up at Waterloo and Brdy as well as Kelly and Covell and sells their foods. I am wondering if they are testing the waters before committing to building more stores. Or maybe its just a cheap way to increase sales. The places are staffed by one person and its using a van with Chickfla all over it, not a third partiy seller.

6. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    About Chickfla, I dont eat there but I have noticed around lunch they have a van that sets up at Waterloo and Brdy as well as Kelly and Covell and sells their foods. I am wondering if they are testing the waters before committing to building more stores. Or maybe its just a cheap way to increase sales. The places are staffed by one person and its using a van with Chickfla all over it, not a third partiy seller.
    They do that in Norman. They have a trailer that is technically by the franchise on Main street and they put it right off OU campus during football game days. I'm sure it is very lucrative.

Quote Originally Posted by oklip955 View Post
    They are testing demand in those areas. I know someone that works at the Lowes at Covell-Kelly, Chick-fil-A has been looking at that intersection for a couple years. I was hoping they’d buy the land the Club Carwash and soon to be Salad&Go are on. A Chick-fil-A at that intersection would kill it.

8. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Had an amazing meal last night at Farmer's Grain. I would recommend it to anyone who likes a simple, but very delicious high-end meal. Family-owned and operated. Edmond has really shined lately with restaurants!

9. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Tried Remix Ramen the other day. Had the spicy chicken ramen and was pleasantly surprised by the level of heat. The chicken meatballs were also an unusual twist that I found myself enjoying. I’ll still think Goro when I think Ramen, but definitely worth visiting for a fast casual ramen experience. Either way, 84 wins.

Anyone know what’s going in the old Steve’s Rib place?

Quote Originally Posted by mgharfeh View Post
    We drove by it a couple of weeks ago, thought it still had a "for lease" sign up.

Noticed the McDonald's at Kelly (Kelley?) and Danforth was torn down. Is that gonna be a rebuild?

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Noticed the McDonald's at Kelly (Kelley?) and Danforth was torn down. Is that gonna be a rebuild?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershoes View Post
    Yes
    Thanks

No, but I did notice that the lease sign is down and I've seen a pickup truck and minivan there a few different times in the last week...

@Pete give us the scoop

County Assessor still shows that it is owned by Seikel Properties, which is Karen and "STEVE's RIB"n Seikel. They still operate the Fox Lake Steve's Rib at I-35.

https://docs.oklahomacounty.org/Asse...pertyID=299322

Quote Originally Posted by OkieBerto View Post
    Had an amazing meal last night at Farmer's Grain. I would recommend it to anyone who likes a simple, but very delicious high-end meal. Family-owned and operated. Edmond has really shined lately with restaurants!
    I also enjoyed a meal at farmers grain on 7/19. Any chance you were in a group of 6 and I can't put 2 and 2 together?

19. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    County Assessor still shows that it is owned by Seikel Properties, which is Karen and "STEVE's RIB"n Seikel. They still operate the Fox Lake Steve's Rib at I-35.

https://docs.oklahomacounty.org/Asse...pertyID=299322
    Ooooh! Maybe they'll put in another Pearl's?

20. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by mugofbeer View Post
    Ooooh! Maybe they'll put in another Pearl's?
    That's a different Seikel family, I do believe. Paul Seikel is the proprietor of Pearl's/Crabtown/Trapper's. I do not believe Paul and Karen/Steve are related, but I could be wrong.

21. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Ate at Farmer's Grain last Saturday. It was excellent. The menu is somewhat limited, but that's to be expected at a farm to table kind of place.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseDweller View Post
    Ate at Farmer's Grain last Saturday. It was excellent. The menu is somewhat limited, but that's to be expected at a farm to table kind of place.
    There is a new Mexican restaurant opening up across from Sprouts and next to that liquor store. Looks like it is called Los 2 Tapitios. Unsure if it is a new restaurant or an existing restaurant moving to that location.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrenogolf View Post
    There is a new Mexican restaurant opening up across from Sprouts and next to that liquor store. Looks like it is called Los 2 Tapitios. Unsure if it is a new restaurant or an existing restaurant moving to that location.
    We are watching for that one to open, as we are in the area weekly. There is a lot of competition for that type of food in that area. If some of the better quality restaurants would move a few miles west, I think they would make a killing. I'm guessing location cost is a major factor in them all being in that area of Edmond, rather than around Penn and May.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    We are watching for that one to open, as we are in the area weekly. There is a lot of competition for that type of food in that area. If some of the better quality restaurants would move a few miles west, I think they would make a killing. I'm guessing location cost is a major factor in them all being in that area of Edmond, rather than around Penn and May.
    A lot of those places really need to take over space already built out as a restaurant, preferably with kitchen equipment.

I don't know if that's the case at this particular spot, but where there are a lot of restaurants, another one will almost always take a space once someone moves out. Completely different proposition to build out a place from scratch -- tons of plumbing, code issues, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by corwin1968 View Post
    Let us know what you think. Right now, our favorite Mexican is Seńor Lopez in Guthrie, Pablanos and Green Chile Cafe in Yukon. Would be nice to have a local Mexican restaurant.

Thread Information