Widgets Magazine
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Edmond Restaurants

Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Au contraire. Any well-loved dining institution is always in danger of becoming a Discount Tire in Edmond.

See Pepe's.
    Not really much of a change since the enchilada platter tasted like rubber.

Does Edmond not have a portal for online permit / application searches? Seems like a big enough place that it should have one.

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    Does Edmond not have a portal for online permit / application searches? Seems like a big enough place that it should have one.
    Not really sure about that but EEDA puts out a monthly list of new restaurant permits.

https://www.eeda.com/data-archive/restaurant-list/

Quote Originally Posted by April in the Plaza View Post
    Especially since the permit system is already digital, and they have a whole portal for folks to submit and manage their permits - it seems like this would be a fairly easy lift to expose that data.

Quote Originally Posted by onthestrip View Post
    Not really sure about that but EEDA puts out a monthly list of new restaurant permits.

https://www.eeda.com/data-archive/restaurant-list/
    I do not see the Burger Den on this list.

I think the "Burger Den" was a sub brand that operated as carryout only during the peak of Covid. It was still Denny's food, just called Burger Den to appeal to the mobile order crowd as a local business. Chuck E. Cheese did a similar stunt, it was Chuck E. Cheese pizza, but called Pasqually's on take-out sites. The other Burger Den sites in OKC still point to standing Denny's locations.

Edmond Planning Commission has this flagged as a Discount Tire location, which will be great for those that use their tire services, as the closest location in Edmond is Broadway at Comfort Drive just south of 33rd.

https://agenda.edmondok.com:8086/doc...06-22-2021.pdf

^^^^ I’ve always wondered how those ghost kitchen things worked. Taxes, branding, etc. I don’t like that and it seems like false advertising to me or misleading at best.

8. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Savage Burrito is run out of uncle Julios.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    ^^^^ I’ve always wondered how those ghost kitchen things worked. Taxes, branding, etc. I don’t like that and it seems like false advertising to me or misleading at best.
    Not necessarily, as long as the ghost/virtual kitchen offerings are different enough from the host restaurant's menu, I don't think it's false advertising. Plus, some virtual kitchens make no secret of their ownership/shared locations - for instance, "It's Just Wings" on DoorDash is owned by Brinker International, who also owns Chili's and Maggiano's - and it says so right at the top of the menu listing. Though Chili's does have wings on their menu, IJW offers sauce options not available in Chili's, and they have smoked wings too. It's similar enough that they can leverage a shared supply chain but different enough to stand apart from the host restaurant.

On the other hand, a few local pizza joints went crazy with licensing other pizza virtual kitchen concepts, but there's no product differentiation between the regular pizza and the virtual kitchen's pizza - it's just a way to raise their profile on delivery apps. That sort of thing is kinda scummy in my opinion.

^^^ I mean TBH it’s not something that keeps me up at night lol I just found it more interesting than anything else. When I was doing Postmates in LA I started noticing them pop up around 2019 or so but it went nuts after the pandemic. The Motherclucker had an amazing sandwich and ghost fries and they operated out of Pub W(IIRC) at Western and Memorial. Not sure what happened but they went away. Sad as I really enjoyed ordering their food.

Do they have completely different chefs? I know the food I had at that place in person wasn’t as good as the ghost kitchens food.

Texlahoma opens 11/14 at 2080 E. 2nd in Edmond.

Has anyone tried Farmers Grain at 102 W 1st? Only open for dinner a few nights a week, but looking at that gorg menu and a few reviews, I am wondering if they are the "under the average diner radar" best restaurant in Edmond. Just wondering if anyone's tastebuds can confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    Has anyone tried Farmers Grain at 102 W 1st? Only open for dinner a few nights a week, but looking at that gorg menu and a few reviews, I am wondering if they are the "under the average diner radar" best restaurant in Edmond. Just wondering if anyone's tastebuds can confirm.
    we have not been yet but i have heard good things from those that have

Based on the EEDA LIST, I see Paris Bahn Mi coming to Spring Creek on the west side, west end by Fish City Grill. I remember seeing a dumpster there last week, and work going on, but didn't think about another restaurant. Guess its a good location near Memorial HS.
    https://parisbanhmi.com/locations/pa...h-mi-edmond-ok

15. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

PHo Ben on Kelly and 2nd has closed and moving into a food truck in the same parking lot. An animal shelter is taking that spot

https://www.frostedmugedmond.com/

Going into the old Buffalo Wild Wings location Santa Fe and Danforth. Hope this one sticks!

17. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Remix Ramen from 84 Hospitality is opening June 1st, 2023 in the Edmond Railyard. I saw them working with new employees this week.

https://www.remixramen.com/

Interesting move to open a 2nd ramen brand instead of leveraging an already known commodity in goro.

Anybody have any idea what is going in next (North of) the Club Car Wash at Covell & Kelly ? I'm

I'm hoping it is a Chick-Fil-A. I know they were looking at that intersection. Covell & Kelly.........

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershoes View Post
    I'm hoping it is a Chick-Fil-A. I know they were looking at that intersection. Covell & Kelly.........
    I believe you mean south of Club Carwash.

It will be a Salad and Go.

We tried Don's Tapatio Taqueria on Broadway, just North of Zarates. I don't think they've been open long but the food was fantastic. Better than some of the taquerias on the South side.

I tried the Birria taco, Pastor and Asada. The Birria was so-so, but the Pastor and Asada were both excellent. My wife got a shrimp diablo dish which was very similar to the Italian Diablo dishes and it was absolutely amazing. They have a small salsa bar with homemade sauces and pickled carrots and radishes.

Highly recommended to anyone on the North side who likes street tacos.

This is the leftovers of my wife's dish

353597386_1241989723108061_6477640570699554294_n.jpg

Is the McDonalds at Danforth & Kelly closing down? Hasn’t been open all week.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvershoes View Post
    Is the McDonalds at Danforth & Kelly closing down? Hasn’t been open all week.
    Last I read they were going through a major renovation. Got approval from planning commission and city council.

And the ChickFiLa at 33rd and Broadway is undergoing a complete remodel. And it's a fairly brand new building which is odd.

Thread Information