Widgets Magazine
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Edmond Restaurants

Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Hausfrau View Post
    There was some mention on Twitter that a family friend died as the reason for abrupt departure, in which case, Covid may have inadvertently played a role.
    That's usually a temporary leave of absence, though, not a "bye, I'm gone and never coming back" type of situation. And usually a restaurant should be able to handle that kind of temporary absence, not just close down. Of course, I don't know the specifics, but that explanation seems kinda iffy (and IG apparently says he's pursuing other opportunities, so there's that too).

2. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

If anyone is looking for a new great place to eat check out Kingz Pita opening on October 20th. Nima is the owner and son of the owner of The Greek House in Norman. Great family and I am sure the food is going to be great. They are doing some free samples this week I believe. Only a Facebook page right now.

https://www.facebook.com/kingzpita

Located on 2nd street between Bryant and Coltrane (Next to Davidson's Greenhouse)

It looks like three tequilas is getting torn down and rebuilt

https://www.facebook.com/11837286848...743403489/?d=n

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    It looks like three tequilas is getting torn down and rebuilt

https://www.facebook.com/11837286848...743403489/?d=n
    The post says "facelift" so I'm sure they'll work with the building that is in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The post says "facelift" so I'm sure they'll work with the building that is in place.
    That’s pretty impressive. Have you seen the old structure? The new product won’t resemble the old a single bit.

PS, I love 3 tequilas and amazing staff there as well. Highly recommend!

That was the original Long John silvers before the newer one was built farther down Broadway. I haven't been in there in a number of years but it did need a severe make over. Well I guess it is going to be a total make over.

7. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Saw a sign for a new standalone Neighborhood Jam just west of the new Chicken Salad Chick just off 2nd Street and Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Saw a sign for a new standalone Neighborhood Jam just west of the new Chicken Salad Chick just off 2nd Street and Vista.
    https://www.okctalk.com/showthread.p...od#post1161064

Boomerang opened up yesterday.

Zarate's is "temporarily closed" per their marquee.

Quote Originally Posted by MagzOK View Post
    Zarate's is "temporarily closed" per their marquee.
    Does anyone know why?

12. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Does anyone know why?
    Per their FB page: Temporarily closed due to lack of employees. We are recruiting and training new employees. We will reopen better and stronger. Thank you so much for your 14 years of support. Sorry for the inconveniences. We will keep you posted of the reopening!

13. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Pete you can move to appropriate board but I saw today where Old School Bagel is going in just south of Andy's Frozen custard just north of 150th and Penn.

I posted in the individual threads but will also post here. Hunny Bunny Biscuit Co. is open in the same building Organic Squeeze and the nail salon(which are both open as well). The building is right behind Smitty’s Garage Hamburgers. They are seem to be doing pretty good. I haven’t seen Organic Squeeze packed but there are always 2+ people whenever I go. The other places also seem to be doing good.

I’m pretty surprised we haven’t seen more development in this area. A development with a Whole Foods on the SE corner of covell and Kelly would kill it. I would say a Trader Joe’s but I’d like a TJ at Covell and Coltrane. I’d be just as happy if they built the proposed Walmart NM there instead. Everything that is built in this area seems to be a success with little exception.

Even as much as I hate uptown grocery(Pruett Foods) now and refuse to shop there, the parking lot was full today around 12-1.

Zarate's is now open. They've completely repaved the parking lot, however not sure yet if they've done any remodeling inside or anything. The opened back up over the past weekend. Excited to check it out again.

I posted in the individual threads but will also post here. Hunny Bunny Biscuit Co. is open in the same building Organic Squeeze and the nail salon(which are both open as well). The building is right behind Smitty’s Garage Hamburgers. They are seem to be doing pretty good. I haven’t seen Organic Squeeze packed but there are always 2+ people whenever I go. The other places also seem to be doing good.

I’m pretty surprised we haven’t seen more development in this area. A development with a Whole Foods on the SE corner of covell and Kelly would kill it. I would say a Trader Joe’s but I’d like a TJ at Covell and Coltrane. I’d be just as happy if they built the proposed Walmart NM there instead. Everything that is built in this area seems to be a success with little exception.

Even as much as I hate uptown grocery(Pruett Foods) now and refuse to shop there, the parking lot was full today around 12-1.
    It doesnt seem like the folks that own the southeast corner of Covell and Kelly are in any rush to sell and develop their large chunk of land.

ANY grocery store in SE Edmond would kill it. There is zero competition right now besides Wal Mart, and there are enough people who don't like Wal Mart that business would likely be good.

there will be a crest at Sooner and Covell very soon

The Lab Bar and Grill will be opening soon (November 15 or 16 I think). This is in the old Buffalo Wild Wings location at Danforth and Santa Fe. Met the owner. He let me in too check
    Out things. He did quite a bit of work on the place (BWW had really let the place go). Anxious for another spot on this side of town.

Quote Originally Posted by tsou89 View Post
    The Lab Bar and Grill will be opening soon (November 15 or 16 I think). This is in the old Buffalo Wild Wings location at Danforth and Santa Fe. Met the owner. He let me in too check
    Out things. He did quite a bit of work on the place (BWW had really let the place go). Anxious for another spot on this side of town.
    Thanks for the info.

This is their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/labbarandgrillrestaurant/

Pickleman’s should be opening up soon across from Lowe’s on the other side of Bryant.

410 S Bryant Ave
    Edmond, OK 73034

This location is listed as coming soon on the Pickleman’s website.

Made it by The Lab Bar and Grill yesterday. I wanted to give them some time to work out the kinks which I’d heard they needed. I had a small order of bone in wings with honey BBQ siracha sauce. The wings were really good. Looking at other food being taken to customers everything I saw at least passed the eye test.

I do have some issues with the menu. First, they don’t offer a traditional Buffalo sauce. I don’t know how you offfer wings on the menu but not have traditional buffalo sauce as an option?
    My biggest question (observation) regarding the menu though is there seems to be no identity. They appear to want to be a bar and grill type of place yet they offer a $35 steak. Not many people will shell out that kind of cash for a steak unless they’re at a “steak place”.

I’d love to see them offer the more traditional bar and grill items, do away with the steaks, etc and try to be really good at that. I think they are trying to be like Eddies a little bit. From what I was told I just don’t think there’s enough restaurant experience to take on what Eddies does.

I’ll go back because what I had was good. Anxious to hear what others think about this place.

I thought $35 for a steak would be a steal. Questionable from it not being a steakhouse, but compared to steakhouses $35 should be a good price.

Well, The Lab double charged me on
    My 1st visit. After 2 visits with the on duty manager and several phone calls (they never answered the phone) I got the charge removed.

Since then I returned twice. Once about 930 for a snack and a beer. The kitchen was closed. We left.
    Next time was about 10:00 looking for a night cap. They had a DJ playing rap music. Drank one beer and left.

This restaurant has zero identity and the owner doesn’t know who his target audience is. He better figure it out quickly or they’ll be closed by January.

Quote Originally Posted by tsou89 View Post
    Once about 930 for a snack and a beer. The kitchen was closed. We left.
    Thanks for mentioning this, you just saved me the trouble and aggravation. Right or wrong, this has to be my biggest pet peeves with restaurants. "Kitchen closes at 10" should mean exactly that. Usually the excuse for shutting down early is because of lack of business that day. Well, start doing that on the regular and you really aren't going to have customers that day or for days to come. And no, "just come in earlier" doesn't work out for some of us.

Thread Information