Widgets Magazine
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Edmond Restaurants

Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Livegrass Butcher & Bistro getting close (from their FB page):

they are delaying opening until at least mid May

The Chick-fil-A at 33rd and Broadway has been demolished. Evidently they've bought the cleaners next door and they're reconfiguring the drive thru (Thank God!)

FB_IMG_1594348750349.jpg

Livegrass is open but with a limited menu

4. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Took this a few weeks back. I think they are pretty close to having their soft opening

20200625_092500.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Richard at Remax View Post
    Took this a few weeks back. I think they are pretty close to having their soft opening

20200625_092500.jpg
    just announced on facebook the old location is now closed

soft opening at the new location is next Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Livegrass is open but with a limited menu
    Stopped by today. Had a burger and soup. Both were good! Little on the pricier side.

HangryHippo Guest

@Jerry - thank God! That CFA drive-through / curbside situation is junk.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    The Chick-fil-A at 33rd and Broadway has been demolished. Evidently they've bought the cleaners next door and they're reconfiguring the drive thru (Thank God!)

FB_IMG_1594348750349.jpg
    I remember when this location had its grand opening. I believe it was the first free standing ChickFila in the OKC Metro, built around 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    I remember when this location had its grand opening. I believe it was the first free standing ChickFila in the OKC Metro, built around 1995.
    Was it really that long ago? I know the McDonald's opened about then. I didn't remember the Chick-Fil-a being there yet. Of course, everything in my mind gets grouped pre and post 2000.

My wife just read that a restaurant called "Chicken Biryami" just opened at 33rd & Western. We may have to go check it out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    Was it really that long ago? I know the McDonald's opened about then. I didn't remember the Chick-Fil-a being there yet. Of course, everything in my mind gets grouped pre and post 2000.
    Yup! It was one of the first "barrel" store designs used in the chain. I remember a radio remote, I want to say on Magic 104 KMGL, on the first Saturday it opened, touting the free-standing non-mall location.

12. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

According to Livegrass' IG, Josh Valentine is leaving to pursue other opportunities and they will be closing immediately to see how they can move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    According to Livegrass' IG, Josh Valentine is leaving to pursue other opportunities and they will be closing immediately to see how they can move forward.
    Holy cow. That place only lasted a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by sooner88 View Post
    really disappointing . this was a great concept with amazing food

The article in the Oklahoman that Dave Cathey did on the Livegrass situation is blocked behind the paywall, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    The article in the Oklahoman that Dave Cathey did on the Livegrass situation is blocked behind the paywall, unfortunately.
    It doesn't say much.

Owners going to take some time and think about possible next steps.

They made a fair amount of investment in the space, but are just renting.

17. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Valentine was only with the George 4 months before leaving also. Obviously the restaurant business has been severely impacted, but this seems to be a trend. I wonder what the issue is.

Where was Valentine before the George? Was he there a short time, also? It does not look good for his pedigree if he keeps bouncing around like that.

19. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

This is very disappointing news. I went for the first time two weeks ago, loved it and was planning on going back next weekend--which is a short gap for my dining habits. This was a terrific place. Darn.

Well *#(^

That was my new favorite find. I need to start a few threads on other places i found opened, and can replace it.

i have heard that this will reopen for sure with maybe a little different vision .. but it will be a little while

22. Default Re: Edmond Restaurants

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Where was Valentine before the George? Was he there a short time, also? It does not look good for his pedigree if he keeps bouncing around like that.
    If my memory serves me correctly. He was working in Dallas but he's been kind of flighty ever since he closed Divine Swine and did very well on Top Chef. He lands somewhere and then after a brief period he moves on to "another concept".

It's frustrating because he's a talented chef but you can't depend on him to stay in one spot. Due to Covid I never even got the chance to go try Livegrass after following it's progress for months but to this day the meal I ate at The George with Valentine and Shelby Sieg in the kitchen was THE BEST meal I have ever eaten.

I don't know anything about this particular situation, I will just say that addiction is very common in the restaurant and bar industry.

And despite Dave Cathey blaming this closure on Covid, Valentine left/quit and THEN they decided to close the restaurant; it says so in his article.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I don't know anything about this particular situation, I will just say that addiction is very common in the restaurant and bar industry.

And despite Dave Cathey blaming this closure on Covid, Valentine left/quit and THEN they decided to close the restaurant; it says so in his article.
    my understanding is that livegrass is closing (temporally) directly do to Valentine leaving ... ie not related to Covid

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    my understanding is that livegrass is closing (temporally) directly do to Valentine leaving ... ie not related to Covid
    There was some mention on Twitter that a family friend died as the reason for abrupt departure, in which case, Covid may have inadvertently played a role.

Thread Information