Widgets Magazine
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Uber coming to OKC

1. Default Re: Uber coming to OKC

According to 'Uber Man' in OKC (this guy is so painful to watch) it was raised by $.40/mile and a $1 to the minimum fare.

UberX Before: $.80 mile $4 minimum fare - New: $1.20 mile $5 minimum fare

Default Re: Uber coming to OKC

Uber faces another setback in Europe - CBS News

I hope Uber survives in Europe despite these current difficulties. We used Uber in Rome recently and it was incredible. Same fares at the taxis but it was so easy to pay via the app and not have to worry about dealing with Euros. Got a Mercedes or Audi every time. We should've used it from the airport instead of getting scammed by the Rome taxi driver. Not making that mistake again.

Uber faces another setback in Europe - CBS News

I hope Uber survives in Europe despite these current difficulties. We used Uber in Rome recently and it was incredible. Same fares at the taxis but it was so easy to pay via the app and not have to worry about dealing with Euros. Got a Mercedes or Audi every time. We should've used it from the airport instead of getting scammed by the Rome taxi driver. Not making that mistake again.

5. Default Re: Uber coming to OKC

After many dozens of Uber rides I got my first Benz last night and was darn near shocked (though it was only a C Class). I love Uber, but a large percentage of the cars in the OKC fleet are just this side of hooptie.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    After many dozens of Uber rides I got my first Benz last night and was darn near shocked (though it was only a C Class). I love Uber, but a large percentage of the cars in the OKC fleet are just this side of hooptie.
    Sad but true! Does anyone know - are the Uber Selects here just UberX drivers with nice cars? I wish we had UberBlack with fares comparable to taxis. Given the option of an UberX at the cut rate fare or an UberBlack at the taxi fare, I'd probably opt for the Black everytime. Especially with luggage. With X you never know if you'll get a Honda Fit or an Explorer.

7. Default Re: Uber coming to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    Isn't that sorta like shopping at Walmart and expecting there to be bathroom attendant to hand you a towel and a spritz of cologne?

nm

This really isn't surprising given the dominant worldview in this state. Thing is, Uber has nothing to do with gay marriage. So much for the conservative argument that they only want the right to not support a religious ceremony they don't believe in. I really doubt Uber drivers or passengers are as uptight about teh ghey as these lawmakers, most of which probably don't live in an area where Uber service is even available.

Fallin's gonna Fallin... (I know it wasn't just her this time, but it just rolled off the tongue). I can't wait to see what happens when an Uber driver refuses service to a gay customer here - the customer can rightly complain to Uber which has an anti-discrimination policy, but then would the state just not care? Or would the state prosecute the customer?

12. Default Re: Uber coming to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    ... I can't wait to see what happens when an Uber driver refuses service to a gay customer here - the customer can rightly complain to Uber which has an anti-discrimination policy, but then would the state just not care? Or would the state prosecute the customer?

Ummmm, how exactly is the Uber driver going to know the passenger is gay? Not sure what you do when riding in an Uber car, but my conduct would not give any indication as to my sexual preference (but, maybe I'm just doing it wrong!)

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Ummmm, how exactly is the Uber driver going to know the passenger is gay? Not sure what you do when riding in an Uber car, but my conduct would not give any indication as to my sexual preference (but, maybe I'm just doing it wrong!)
    That's not the point. The point is our bigoted legislators explicitly permitting discrimination. Or perhaps you're doing it wrong, unlike these two: New York Cab Driver Ordered To Pay Lesbian Couple $10K For Telling Them To Stop Kissing

14. Default Re: Uber coming to OKC

That's not the point. The point is our bigoted legislators explicitly permitting discrimination. Or perhaps you're doing it wrong, unlike these two: New York Cab Driver Ordered To Pay Lesbian Couple $10K For Telling Them To Stop Kissing
    Yeah, how dare we let the private companies and the citizens filter this out ----- What's we need is s'more of dem damn laws!

Uber and Lyft already clearly don't allow discrimination. If a company came along that did, then the public would out them and they would adhere to the public's will or they will not succeed. A driver could discriminate regardless of the law by simply coming up with an unprotected reason to not provide service to a gay individual or couple if they wanted to.

Personally, it read to me more like the driver didn't like people making out in his vehicle while he chauffeured them around.

Regardless, IMO, leave the language in or take it out, doesn't ruffle my feathers one way of the other.

Yeah, how dare we let the private companies and the citizens filter this out ----- What's we need is s'more of dem damn laws!

Uber and Lyft already clearly don't allow discrimination. If a company came along that did, then the public would out them and they would adhere to the public's will or they will not succeed. A driver could discriminate regardless of the law by simply coming up with an unprotected reason to not provide service to a gay individual or couple if they wanted to.

Personally, it read to me more like the driver didn't like people making out in his vehicle while he chauffeured them around.

Regardless, IMO, leave the language in or take it out, doesn't ruffle my feathers one way of the other.
    Fine - not going to affect my life either. Again you're missing the point though - I'm not arguing for laws arguing for one or the other - it's our backward bigoted legislature that's hell-bent on smearing our state time and again - they're the ones going out of their way to throw Indiana-style laws into everything.

16. Default Re: Uber coming to OKC

An Uber driver with a concealed handgun prevented a mass shooting in Chicago

Read more: Uber driver with concealed handgun prevents mass shooting in Chicago - Business Insider

City Ticketing UberX Drivers At Atlanta Airport | AviationPros.com

Interesting read on how UberX users/drivers are sidestepping cops at the ATL airport.

18. Default Re: Uber coming to OKC

City Ticketing UberX Drivers At Atlanta Airport | AviationPros.com

Interesting read on how UberX users/drivers are sidestepping cops at the ATL airport.
    I assume OCPD can start ticketing drivers in OKC on Thursday. I'm told Uber is not cooperating with the licensing process and is not signing off on required applications from its drivers.

This is the page setup to explain the application process.....

http://www.okc.gov/VFH/index.html

*Is that $302 FEE for every driver or just the company itself? Also, the driver has to repeat this process if they want to work for both Uber and Lyft.

I assume OCPD can start ticketing drivers in OKC on Thursday.
    Damn - is that anywhere in OKC or just the airport? Either way, that would be horrible.

20. Default Re: Uber coming to OKC

Damn - is that anywhere in OKC or just the airport? Either way, that would be horrible.
    They are already ticketing drivers in Norman. Some have been fortunate and are simply being told to stop driving or face tickets.

They are already ticketing drivers in Norman. Some have been fortunate and are simply being told to stop driving or face tickets.
    Hadn't heard about driver ticketing happening here yet. My involvement at Norman Muni is generally limited to family, friends, and their referrals and none to date have been drivers. In light of what seems, to me anyway, to be limited cab service, targeting folks who help get others home safely seems rather short sighted.

I wonder what happens this weekend... Will police be pulling over Uber and Lyfts? I don't understand how this is going to work.

Hopefully there will be a solution to this as I use uber most weekends.

Oklahoma City will not enforce their ordnance. Because legislation is on the way to the gov that removes all city regulation. Of ride share companies and puts them only under the corp commission

That is what I have heard as well.. and that is why uber didn't move on the requirements is because the legislation that makes it obsolete is on its way.. and the uber app emailed me to sign a petition in favor of .

Thread Information