Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will the 7-11 Be Built Back on SW 4th & Telephone Rd.?

Default Will the 7-11 Be Built Back on SW 4th & Telephone Rd.?

Just wondering. Doesn't look like any building activity is being done there.

Default Re: Will the 7-11 Be Built Back on SW 4th & Telephone Rd.?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerVIC View Post
    Just wondering. Doesn't look like any building activity is being done there.
    As with most (re-)building activity going on in the area, I suspect there are layers of insurance claims and attorneys haggling over things before they start doing anything. Heck, I'm a bit surprised we've already seen some houses rebuilt and even completed this quickly.

That was a nearly-new 7-11, so from just a personal speculation standpoint (no info at all, sadly), I'd have to think it would be rebuilt. It was one of the newer layouts with an OnCue like rollergrille area, extra other goodies as I recall, and that's a very busy intersection, so I'd be really surprised if they just let it go. If they did, I suspect an OnCue would be happy to snap that corner up..

Didn't the 7-11 hurt Jerry's business across the street? If so, I am Jerry's will be happy to see it empty

4. Default Re: Will the 7-11 Be Built Back on SW 4th & Telephone Rd.?

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    As with most (re-)building activity going on in the area, I suspect there are layers of insurance claims and attorneys haggling over things before they start doing anything. Heck, I'm a bit surprised we've already seen some houses rebuilt and even completed this quickly.

That was a nearly-new 7-11, so from just a personal speculation standpoint (no info at all, sadly), I'd have to think it would be rebuilt. It was one of the newer layouts with an OnCue like rollergrille area, extra other goodies as I recall, and that's a very busy intersection, so I'd be really surprised if they just let it go. If they did, I suspect an OnCue would be happy to snap that corner up..
    Pretty sure 7-11 self-insures, and it rebuilding would be out-of-pocket. Not saying that they will or won't...

We were having a similar discussion in another thread here. My take, with OnCue actively searching for real estate in the Moore area (and have been for a couple of years now) it would be extremely dumb for 711 to not rebuild. Also, consider the store just west of there near Santa Fe is their oldest store in Moore now.

Edit: and don't forget the central park being built just over the interstate. I'll put it this way, if 711 doesn't rebuild on that land another gas station convenient store would gladly do it.

Has anyone heard anything else about this corner? I'm missing the station being there, it was very convenient. Would love to see an OnCue there. I wonder sometimes about the NW corner of 12th & Broadway, I can easily see an OnCue there as well (even though there's a station on the other two corners).

I have no idea. Its like 7-11 knows they need to design a better store to compete with OnCue, but they have been building the same cookie stores so long they don't know how to build anything different. Their suppose to have started building a new store on MacArthur and NW Expressway also.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    I have no idea. Its like 7-11 knows they need to design a better store to compete with OnCue, but they have been building the same cookie stores so long they don't know how to build anything different. Their suppose to have started building a new store on MacArthur and NW Expressway also.
    7-11's new stores don't resemble those that make people (so violently, apparently) hate 7-11 and are much more like their competition. See the new store on SE 29th in Del City.

Pure speculation but it feels as if 711 is dragging their feet on this store, perhaps in part due to respect for those and the family of those killed at that location. It seems like there's a new/different memorial of some type there every week. Also they have a unique opportunity to redesign and/or increase the size of the new store, now knowing about the planned central park, the development at Fritts as well as every thing else that may be planning currently. Again, pure speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubya61 View Post
    7-11's new stores don't resemble those that make people (so violently, apparently) hate 7-11 and are much more like their competition. See the new store on SE 29th in Del City.
    Agreed. Their newest design (19th and Eastern for example) are much more like the OnCue's in design and are a bigger footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    Pure speculation but it feels as if 711 is dragging their feet on this store, perhaps in part due to respect for those and the family of those killed at that location. It seems like there's a new/different memorial of some type there every week. Also they have a unique opportunity to redesign and/or increase the size of the new store, now knowing about the planned central park, the development at Fritts as well as every thing else that may be planning currently. Again, pure speculation.

Agreed. Their newest design (19th and Eastern for example) are much more like the OnCue's in design and are a bigger footprint.
    For speculation I'd say it's pretty close to the heart of the matter. I've heard that 7-11 has made it clear they're going to rebuild, but because of what happened at that particular store they are being very deliberate and cautious with any plans. That said...I've heard absolutely nothing about any "whens" or "whats" might be in store.

11. Default Re: Will the 7-11 Be Built Back on SW 4th & Telephone Rd.?

Quote Originally Posted by MsDarkstar View Post
    Has anyone heard anything else about this corner? I'm missing the station being there, it was very convenient. Would love to see an OnCue there. I wonder sometimes about the NW corner of 12th & Broadway, I can easily see an OnCue there as well (even though there's a station on the other two corners).
    One of the engineers in my office that deals with OnCue asked me about commercial sites along Broadway because he knew I live in the area. I haven't seen anything officially confirming it but the fact that he asked leads me to believe they may be looking at that area.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    Didn't the 7-11 hurt Jerry's business across the street? If so, I am Jerry's will be happy to see it empty

No, Jerry's high gas prices and antiquated gas pumps along with their old outdated snacks and the incense smell of the place hurt their business. 7-11 had nothing to do with it.

I miss 7-11 being there too, I hope they rebuild soon. I'm wondering if they're trying to find a way to include some type of memorial in the new build.

I miss that 7-11 too. It was extremely convenient and the place I always got gas. Now I have to drive out of my way to the one on 19th and Eastern. It seems like every other place I try has ethanol gas.

Quote Originally Posted by OK BBQ Eater Anonymous View Post
    One of the engineers in my office that deals with OnCue asked me about commercial sites along Broadway because he knew I live in the area. I haven't seen anything officially confirming it but the fact that he asked leads me to believe they may be looking at that area.
    I heard a rumor that Oncue has purchased or leased the land 7-Eleven was on at SW 4th and Telephone and will be opening an Oncue there.

Quote Originally Posted by zcamaro70 View Post
    I heard a rumor that Oncue has purchased or leased the land 7-Eleven was on at SW 4th and Telephone and will be opening an Oncue there.
    I just looked at the Cleveland County Assessor's website. 7-11 still owns the land.

I will be really surprised if that happens. That be like Burger King buying/leasing land from McDonald's or Walmart buying/leasing land from Target.

Thats a pretty silly rumor. That would have zero benefits to 7-11. Its a great location for a store. Im sure 7-11 is close to rebuilding now that they waited a year.

17. Default Re: Will the 7-11 Be Built Back on SW 4th & Telephone Rd.?

Quote Originally Posted by zcamaro70 View Post
    I can verify that OnCue is looking to build in that area but it's not going to be on the 7-11 property. So you are correct that you did in fact hear a rumor.

I too can verify that OnCue is building nearby. Should happen this summer/fall timeframe.

See my previous post, I agree there's no way 711 would hand that land over, ESPECIALLY to a competitor like oncue.

If oncue has secured land, as you guys are confirming, where at?

I just emailed the director of operations for them as that's who I've been in talks with over the past few years about the status of a Moore location. Hopefully he'll confirm what you guys are saying!

sent from WOPR

7-11 confirmed this week that they will rebuild at the location

Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    sent from WOPR
    would you like to play a game?

Ok Jigsaw

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

We already had a tornado, so you just take your Global Thermonuclear War somewhere else Mister!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
    We already had a tornado, so you just take your Global Thermonuclear War somewhere else Mister!
    OK. I don't say this very often but that is funny.

I'm surprised OnCue has not snatched up the land just west at 4th and Santa Fe.

Thread Information