Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will the 7-11 Be Built Back on SW 4th & Telephone Rd.?

Default Re: Will the 7-11 Be Built Back on SW 4th & Telephone Rd.?

Quote Originally Posted by seaofchange View Post
    It is going to be a "concept store" and supposedly will be pretty large. Not sure what this entails though!
    Sounds interesting. Anyone happen to have any insight as to what their concept stores look like?

Quote Originally Posted by xa3021 View Post
    Sounds interesting. Anyone happen to have any insight as to what their concept stores look like?
    Actually, sorry I just found this. Looks pretty nice, IF this is what they have planned.

Brand New: New Concept Store for 7-Eleven by WD Partners

Quote Originally Posted by xa3021 View Post
    Actually, sorry I just found this. Looks pretty nice, IF this is what they have planned.

Brand New: New Concept Store for 7-Eleven by WD Partners
    Oklahoma 7-11 stores are owned by a different group so I doubt it will look that nice, Those seem more like urban concept stores.

Quote Originally Posted by jn1780 View Post
    Oklahoma 7-11 stores are owned by a different group so I doubt it will look that nice, Those seem more like urban concept stores.
    Ah, gotcha. I guess it's just hopeful wishing lol! 7/11's have always been convenient they just always look so outdated. Even when the one on Telephone Road was built I felt it was outdated immediately. Hopefully they do something more along the lines of OnCue or something and then go and revamp their current stores. Even though it'll most likely never happen.

Actually thats exactly whats being built at this location, this same concept is also going to be built at 12th ave SE and Robinson in Norman.

Oklahoma 7-11 stores are owned by a different group......................
    The Brown family still own the all the central Oklahoma 7-Eleven stores as far as I know. I used to have to deal with Steve Brown on occasion back in the 80's & 90's when he managed several of the stores. Man, what a royal jerk he was to deal with back then. But, that was a long time ago; maybe he's changed by now.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    Actually thats exactly whats being built at this location, this same concept is also going to be built at 12th ave SE and Robinson in Norman.
    They are under completely different ownership though. They were created with the same name but have never been under the same ownership.. So I dont think it could be the same exact concept as those - its technically not even the same store. Maybe it will be similar, but I doubt its the exact same. I have a hard time believing corporate world 7-eleven will allow family owned oklahoma 7-11 to use their concept? But....I guess you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by seaofchange View Post
    They are under completely different ownership though. They were created with the same name but have never been under the same ownership.. So I dont think it could be the same exact concept as those - its technically not even the same store. Maybe it will be similar, but I doubt its the exact same.
    All the 7 Elevens in Oklahoma are owned and operated by the Brown family, which is a completely separate entity than the 7 Elevens outside the state.

So, the concept shown in the link is for an entirely separate group than the OK ownership.

At the same time, all the concepts in Oklahoma would be under the Brown's umbrella so I'm interested to see what these new prototypes (like at NW Expressway & MacArthur) look like. I know the stores themselves will be similar in size to an OnCue.

When this concept (for the corporate 711s) was first talked about here, a year or so ago, it prompted me to do some research into the history. The story of the 711 (both corporate and the Brown's stores) and quicktrip is interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    When this concept (for the corporate 711s) was first talked about here, a year or so ago, it prompted me to do some research into the history. The story of the 711 (both corporate and the Brown's stores) and quicktrip is interesting!
    Right, it is interesting.

The Tulsa World had an article about this not too long ago where the QuikTrip leaders stated they would not go into OKC because the Brown's helped them get started. It was just understood; no formal agreement which has obviously held up.

But now, OnCue has pretty much stepped into the big void and finally 7 Eleven is responding.

It means there will now be two big boys with these massive concepts in Central Oklahoma and I know both have aggressive expansion plans.

It's amazing what happens when people don't think they have competition and what they can get by with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    It's amazing what happens when people don't think they have competition and what they can get by with.
    Yep, exactly! Really, 7/11 needs to do something drastic like this concept for them to stay up with OnCue (in my opinion). For example, now with OnCue at 44th and S. Shields, I see so many more cars at the OnCue then I do at the old 7/11 across the street. I can't help but think that it's just killing their profits. One of the biggest things I love about all OnCues, isn't the froyo bar or the numerous amounts of coffee, but the cleanliness! I'm always surprised how clean they can keep those places, which is something 7/11 definitely can't seem to do.

We've talked about this before but one of the best things about OnCue is their bathrooms. Let's face it, that's a pretty important amenity when you are out running around and easy access certainly factors into where I stop for gas or convenience items.

With 7 Eleven, most don't even have a public restroom and if they do it's some weird setup with a key chained to a block of wood and disgusting conditions.

OnCue doesn't even have doors on their restrooms... Just those privacy entries like you would see in an airport. Not only easy in and out with plenty of capacity and cleanliness, but you don't have to touch door knobs or faucets.

I've got to believe that is a big draw for them. It certainly has drawn me in several times and I've always spent money while there.

I talked to the construction company that is building this one back and they are set to start footings on Monday. I haven't seen the plans yet but it is suppose to be the new style as seen in the 7-11 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    I talked to the construction company that is building this one back and they are set to start footings on Monday. I haven't seen the plans yet but it is suppose to be the new style as seen in the 7-11 thread.
    Work has finally started on the oncue site also.

I noticed that driving by this afternoon. I'm sure it is not a coincidence that they are both getting going. I think 7-11 will have a bit run on the time frame considering all their underground tanks and stuff were not disturbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_M View Post
    I noticed that driving by this afternoon. I'm sure it is not a coincidence that they are both getting going. I think 7-11 will have a bit run on the time frame considering all their underground tanks and stuff were not disturbed.
    I thought they were required to take them out of the ground when they are not actively using them? Maybe there is a loophole I don't know about since they have been active with the site over the past two year.

That could be possible as I don't know the rules about that. I know everything above ground was removed and think that if they had to take tanks and everything out they would have done that when they removed the building as slab previously.

Quote Originally Posted by bucfan1512 View Post
    I thought they were required to take them out of the ground when they are not actively using them? Maybe there is a loophole I don't know about since they have been active with the site over the past two year.
    I don't know if the law specifically states that tanks have to be removed. It probably says tanks have to be actively monitored and maintained. Most gas stations that shut down have no intention of coming back so its cheaper to have the tanks removed.

Thanks jn1780, that makes sense.

Moore Re: Will the 7-11 Be Built Back on SW 4th & Telephone Rd.?

Finally some official news...

News | The Moore Daily

[QUOTE=SoonerVIC;901869]Finally some official news...

[url=http://www.themooredaily.com/news/7-eleven-unveils-plans-to-rebuild-moore-store]N The new 7 elevens are nice. They make pizzas and other hot items. The bathrooms are a little bigger with a toilet stall and seperate urinals. I think they have a smoothie machine with about 4 flavors. The big thing is they now have diesel fuel. From a vendor perspective. 7-Eleven is still real busy until around 12 am. Also the bathrooms at 7 Eleven's are not locked. They do shutdown some of the bathrooms that are in the stockroom at a certain time. Last night we were at the one on 164th and May. It had about 8 cars in the lot. We passed OnCue on May. It was empty. Not a single car.

[QUOTE=mikeareese;906004]
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerVIC View Post
    Finally some official news...

[url=http://www.themooredaily.com/news/7-eleven-unveils-plans-to-rebuild-moore-store]N The new 7 elevens are nice. They make pizzas and other hot items. The bathrooms are a little bigger with a toilet stall and seperate urinals. I think they have a smoothie machine with about 4 flavors. The big thing is they now have diesel fuel. From a vendor perspective. 7-Eleven is still real busy until around 12 am. Also the bathrooms at 7 Eleven's are not locked. They do shutdown some of the bathrooms that are in the stockroom at a certain time. Last night we were at the one on 164th and May. It had about 8 cars in the lot. We passed OnCue on May. It was empty. Not a single car.
    I bet the OnCue had cleaner floors and bathrooms. Also bet the trash cans at the pumps weren't overflowing nor was the receipt paper out at the pumps. I guess I've just been disappointed every time I've been to 7-11 and really impressed with OnCue.

News | The Moore Daily

They really stepped up their game.....

Anybody else notice they went ahead and closed the older, small 7 Eleven just west of this one almost to Santa Fe?

Thread Information