Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 315 White Street

OU 315 White Street

$1 mil construction permit was pulled last week. Speculations?

HangryHippo Guest

Default Re: 315 White Street

Quote Originally Posted by Geographer View Post
    $1 mil construction permit was pulled last week. Speculations?
    Is this the old Toto's space?

Yes I believe it is

Maybe another Elliot Nelson (McNellies) concept?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BG918 View Post
    Maybe another Elliot Nelson (McNellies) concept?
    Have you heard this was even a possibility? Someone listed who owns the lot now, but I can't find the post...

The building permit was filed by an LLC that shares the same address with Top of the World; a Norman company that manufactures athletic caps.

I bet this will be a store for them:

TOP OF THE WORLD

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The building permit was filed by an LLC that shares the same address with Top of the World; a Norman company that manufactures athletic caps.

I bet this will be a store for them:

TOP OF THE WORLD
    that sucks...the last thing we need on campus corner is MORE sports apparel. yawn.

Just learned that same group owns Benvenuti's in downtown Norman, so it may be tied into that as well.

I have the OKCTalk mole network on this and should know more after this weekend.

Benvenuiti's Ristorante

Just learned that same group owns Benvenuti's in downtown Norman, so it may be tied into that as well.

I have the OKCTalk mole network on this and should know more after this weekend.

Benvenuiti's Ristorante
    I suppose that's alright...Bevenuiti's is good, extremely overpriced, but good.

I, for one, would love to see a BBQ joint on campus corner.

Also, I believe this building will be 3 stories with office space as well...

Iron Starr tried Campus Corner and didn't last, a very rare miss for A Good Egg Group. Keith Paul said that CC is a very difficult animal for restaurateurs.

Benvenuti's is owned by Peter Wilson, who also owns Top of the World. Brown is married to Hal Smith's niece.

Benvenuti's must be doing something right as they have been operating for seven years now.

Iron Starr tried Campus Corner and didn't last, a very rare miss for A Good Egg Group. Keith Paul said that CC is a very difficult animal for restaurateurs.

Benvenuti's is owned by Peter Wilson, who also owns Top of the World. Brown is married to Hal Smith's niece.

Benvenuti's must be doing something right as they have been operating for seven years now.
    Yeah, it's definitely the most expensive and "fanciest" restaurant in Norman...so I suppose that's why it's still in business.

12. Default Re: 315 White Street

Does 1 million seem excessive to anybody else for such a little space? Is it going to be multiple stories? I can't imagine how much much they would have to make on that space to pay off that loan. Also that doesn't cover the cost of what they payed to demo the place.

Iron Starr was horribly ran at that location and AGE has never righted many wrongs I encountered there

In The Raw (which is now closed) also had service/management issues that the ones in OKC and Tulsa didn't have. There is that small sushi place on Asp but I think CC could support a larger, more bar-oriented sushi/Japanese place if it was the right concept. An offshoot of Sushi Neko would be pretty cool, or something like Musashi's.

Why was this building torn down without plans for rebuilding immediately? It looks terrible. From a couple weeks ago:
    image.jpgimage.jpg

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Iron Starr was horribly ran at that location and AGE has never righted many wrongs I encountered there
    Can you elaborate on what wrongs you encountered?

HangryHippo Guest

I suppose that's alright...Bevenuiti's is good, extremely overpriced, but good.

I, for one, would love to see a BBQ joint on campus corner.

Also, I believe this building will be 3 stories with office space as well...
    Where did you hear that it will be 3 stories?

"Commercial New Construction

315 White St. CAMC LLC 3-story restaurant and office building $1,000,000"

This is the description of the permit on this article: building permits » Business » The Norman Transcript

Yeah, it's definitely the most expensive and "fanciest" restaurant in Norman...so I suppose that's why it's still in business.
    or because it is the best Italian in the metro

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    or because it is the best Italian in the metro
    no way haha. Have you tried Segio's? It's literally right across the train tracks from Benvenuti's...it's way more authentic and MUCH MUCH cheaper.

21. Default Re: 315 White Street

"Commercial New Construction

315 White St. CAMC LLC 3-story restaurant and office building $1,000,000"

This is the description of the permit on this article: building permits » Business » The Norman Transcript
    3 stories seems like it will look a bit weird next to all those 1 story buildings. Also I wonder how the additional floor space will effect parking in the area. I have often wondered why the city doesn't build a small parking garage in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerAg View Post
    3 stories seems like it will look a bit weird next to all those 1 story buildings. Also I wonder how the additional floor space will effect parking in the area. I have often wondered why the city doesn't build a small parking garage in the area.

There's already so much parking around campus corner. There's a huge lot on the west side of University behind D-Bo's house that's open to the public at night. There's also ample street parking surrounding campus corner. Parking wouldn't be an issue IMO.

Three stories will look fine, just on the next block west you have that set of buildings that are two stories...you also have the church catty corner to this block that's two-three stories. IMO, every new building on campus corner should be no shorter than 2-3 buildings. The environment of campus corner screams for buildings taller than 1-2 stories.

I learned a pizza place is going in this spot -- slightly upscale.

24. Default Re: 315 White Street

If it isn't Giordano's, it doesn't belong. :-P

another pizza place!? dang it. oh well

Thread Information