Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Range Rover Runs Over Bikers to Save Family

Default Black Range Rover Runs Over Bikers to Save Family

I plan on buying my first bike within the next couple of months. I am not sure whether or not I'm going for a Harley or Ducati, just fyi in case people wonder whether I'm biased towards bikes.

I am on the side of the guy in the Range Rover. These bikers were taking up the entire highway and acting like they owned the road. If it were me personally, I would've ran them all over as they were chasing me, while waiting for the cops to catch up. Speaking of which, where the hell were the cops???? Seeing as this was in NYC, they were probably busy rounding up the people with over sized soft drinks.

Judge for yourself.

Default Re: Black Range Rover Runs Over Bikers to Save Family

The trouble is, there doesn't seem to be any back story. What happened before the video started? I felt like I was coming in on the middle of the story.

That being said, I ride regularly, and with large groups. We manage to stay in a single lane, and ride in tight formations. This type of all over the highway mess would never happen in any group ride I was participating in (and if it did, I'd leave).

The other side of these incident, is that even with a proper and tight formation, cars will move in and break into the middle of the pack, causing bikers to have to swerve, or go down, merely because they don't pay attention or know how to share the road. Hell, I was in a funeral procession for a biker a few years ago, and a car moved INTO the funeral procession, killing two more bikers in the process. And the funny thing is, they don't charge folks like that with murder, or take away their licenses.

3. Default Re: Black Range Rover Runs Over Bikers to Save Family

4. Default Re: Black Range Rover Runs Over Bikers to Save Family

I hear at least one biker is already in custody with more to follow.

Too bad the driver didn't have a gun and couldn't have simply shot anyone posing an immediate threat - like the one's opening his door or striking his glass with their helmets and/or fists.

I hope some biker groups come forward and condemn the actions of these nuts with bikes and offer something up.

5. Default Re: Black Range Rover Runs Over Bikers to Save Family

Depending what all was going on, if the the SUV driver thought he family was threatened or actually were being threatened...then you do what you must to protect them and get away. If that means mowing down a bunch of bikers coming after you, so be it. I had read somewhere that one of the bikers were killed, but it isn't in the ABC story so who knows if it was true or not.

I also found this article -

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/01/ny...say.html?_r=1&

I still can't find an explanation for why they surround and stop in front of the SUV in the first place. That's what is not making any sense to me. If they just did that randomly for kicks, then stupid bikers. If they did it for a reason, still stupid bikers, but I wouldn't mind knowing why (did he previously clip someone and take off, or what).

Ok so

The information posted with the video claimed that a biker was killed when he was hit by the Range Rover, but police said that was not true.
    They're liars and assuming the worst, that would only be with a hidden or biased agenda. Protect the bikers that were acting like lunatics.

For me, the driver stayed in his lane even when more bikers rode right up next against his car after he ran them down, so he is just trying to get away. If he was acting like a jerk, if the bikers were smart, they would back off and call the police. Not surround him when he is in a 5,000lb truck. Seriously, how stupid can you get? I want to know. . .

These bikers are just nobodies who went looking for trouble and they had make the biggest case out of nothing. I wouldn't doubt that one of them might of been cut off at one point, but goddamn, they were taking up the entire highway, how would you not expect one of them to get cut off at one point in the ride. People cut other people off, don't be a freakin cry baby, it happens to me all the time, even when I've ridden before. I have people come within distance of swiping me with their mirrors in Edmond sometimes when I'm riding, but I don't make a big deal out of it, what good will it do?

These bikers are lucky I was not in the Range Rover, I will say that much, and I'm not just trying to act like some badass on the internet. The one thing I would like to know is where were the cops? NYC has more police officers than any city in the world, and they couldn't catch up to them? It doesn't make sense. This might be one of those stories we won't ever know anything about and will fade away in a few days, but eh, it's an interesting story.

Like I said, I didn't make any excuses for the bikers. All over the highway, and what they did, no matter what the reason, was stupid. But I'd still like to know the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrywall View Post
    I also found this article -

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/01/ny...say.html?_r=1&

I still can't find an explanation for why they surround and stop in front of the SUV in the first place. That's what is not making any sense to me. If they just did that randomly for kicks, then stupid bikers. If they did it for a reason, still stupid bikers, but I wouldn't mind knowing why (did he previously clip someone and take off, or what).
    I would really like to know that as well. I can only make, what I presume to be, accurate assumptions. I'm sorry though, the way these bikers conducted themselves, I would believe the guy who had his family in his car over a gang of bikers. I would more so believe they would commit a random act over a guy with his family in the car trying to intimidate a large gang of bikers. Who knows. . .

Like I said, I didn't make any excuses for the bikers. All over the highway, and what they did, no matter what the reason, was stupid. But I'd still like to know the reason.
    I understand, I agree with you. I'd really like to know what happened too!

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Depending what all was going on, if the the SUV driver thought he family was threatened or actually were being threatened...then you do what you must to protect them and get away. If that means mowing down a bunch of bikers coming after you, so be it. I had read somewhere that one of the bikers were killed, but it isn't in the ABC story so who knows if it was true or not.
    According to ABC news article, no one was killed, which is good. I don't agree with killing anyone, unless it is absolutely necessary, to protect yourself and/or others.

12. Default Re: Black Range Rover Runs Over Bikers to Save Family

From what I've heard reported, the driver had placed a 911 call just prior to this incident. I wouldn't be surprised if the driver made some editorial gestures towards the bikers or otherwise let them know of his displeasure and they took offense and crossed the line.

The driver only hit the first biker in the video after he obviously tried to make him stop in the middle of the highway.

Someone attempts to make me stop and they are not a cop - I'm driving through them because their intentions are not good.

I could also see a scenario where the driver inadvertently cut off a biker etc and the bikers overreacted.

Regardless, the bikers crossed the line no matter what the driver did before the video starts.

Agreed. At best, it's road rage. If the SUV driver had hit or run someone, or clipped someone, even then the best response would have been to take a photo of the plate and call the cops.

As for dealing with folks moving onto me/into my lane, that's nothing a pocket full of pennies or a length of chain doesn't solve.

From what I've read the Hollywood Stuntz are a bunch of dickheads that have caused problems before. I've been riding for many years and belong to a couple groups and it's things like this that give bikers a bad name.
    Last edited by kelroy55; 10-01-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: fix spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by kelroy55 View Post
    From what I've read the Hollywood Stuntz are a bunch of dickheads that have caused problems before. I've been riding for many years and belong to a couple groups and it's thinks like this that give bikers a bad name.
    I would like to seem them come here in Oklahoma and try and pull something like that and see what happens. Doesn't Oklahoma have the highest CCW permits in nation?

Hence the reason that myself and all of my riding friends won't ride with sports bike riders. You won't often see a Harley rider lane splitting at 100+ miles an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I plan on buying my first bike within the next couple of months. I am not sure whether or not I'm going for a Harley or Ducati, just fyi in case people wonder whether I'm biased towards bikes.
    Based on my own personal experince i got rid of my motorcycle a few years back.

I had two very close calls where 2 different women almost ended my life because they cared about responding to that text message more than smacking their two tons of metal into me at a high speed and forcing me too the ground at 50mph to have other cars crush my body. In one case when I got up to the stop light i yelled and cussed her out and she gave me the most devil look like 'how dare he'...and i could tell in the look in her eyes she was completely indifferent to my life ending.

At that point i knew it was time to get rid of it.

You cant change people.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTell View Post
    You cant change people.
    No, but if you have a teensy weeny bit of know how, you can chain people ... or so goes the rumor anyway.

Hence the reason that myself and all of my riding friends won't ride with sports bike riders. You won't often see a Harley rider lane splitting at 100+ miles an hour.
    If they do it's on the way to another bar LOL

In a scenario where rational behavior is being overtaken by a mob mentality, only a fool would put themselves between a threatened person and their path to safety. Which is what several of the motorcyclists obviously did.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    I hear at least one biker is already in custody with more to follow.

Too bad the driver didn't have a gun and couldn't have simply shot anyone posing an immediate threat - like the one's opening his door or striking his glass with their helmets and/or fists.

I hope some biker groups come forward and condemn the actions of these nuts with bikes and offer something up.
    Agree. Apparently this blatantly illegal riding blitz takes place annually and the NYPD was out and about to attempt to stop it. Now a relative of the ricer burner rider that was hurt is mad at the driver of the Range Rover. This relative is an asshat for defending the illegal biker activity. If it had been me once the assault began I would have mowed down as many of them as I could and if that did not dissuade the others and the assault continued a firearm would have put as many as I had bullets down.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    I plan on buying my first bike within the next couple of months. I am not sure whether or not I'm going for a Harley or Ducati,
    Ducati! It is a shame that the dealership here is gone.

I rode with Speed Tribe for several years among other groups.

In watching the video from the very beginning it sounds as though the driver nudged or clipped a bike early on. Not sure if that is when the dude's leg was broken and caused the initial outrage or if that happened in the middle when when the Range Rover clearly plowed over some bikes.

Regardless, stupidity on both sides probably at work = media sensation.

I had a lady intentionally try to run me over because she was pissed that I buzzed her on the Hefner Parkway. I was in the far left lane, sped on by, and that apparently pissed her off. She followed me to the 122nd street exit and tried to clip me on a turn while yelling at me. I was so angry I nearly responded as stupidly as well but somehow kept it together.

23. Default Re: Black Range Rover Runs Over Bikers to Save Family

Quote Originally Posted by MustangGT View Post
    Agree. Apparently this blatantly illegal riding blitz takes place annually and the NYPD was out and about to attempt to stop it. Now a relative of the ricer burner rider that was hurt is mad at the driver of the Range Rover. This relative is an asshat for defending the illegal biker activity. If it had been me once the assault began I would have mowed down as many of them as I could and if that did not dissuade the others and the assault continued a firearm would have put as many as I had bullets down.
    Perhaps they should have broken out the snowplows early...would have made it a bit easier IMO. :-X

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTell View Post
    Based on my own personal experince i got rid of my motorcycle a few years back.

I had two very close calls where 2 different women almost ended my life because they cared about responding to that text message more than smacking their two tons of metal into me at a high speed and forcing me too the ground at 50mph to have other cars crush my body. In one case when I got up to the stop light i yelled and cussed her out and she gave me the most devil look like 'how dare he'...and i could tell in the look in her eyes she was completely indifferent to my life ending.

At that point i knew it was time to get rid of it.

You cant change people.
    I completely understand what you're saying. I just want to try it and experience it, I might not pursue it, I honestly am not sure. I've ridden a few times and absolutely loved it. I plan on taking the advanced training course at OSU

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Pioneer View Post
    Ducati! It is a shame that the dealership here is gone.

I rode with Speed Tribe for several years among other groups.

In watching the video from the very beginning it sounds as though the driver nudged or clipped a bike early on. Not sure if that is when the dude's leg was broken and caused the initial outrage or if that happened in the middle when when the Range Rover clearly plowed over some bikes.

Regardless, stupidity on both sides probably at work = media sensation.

I had a lady intentionally try to run me over because she was pissed that I buzzed her on the Hefner Parkway. I was in the far left lane, sped on by, and that apparently pissed her off. She followed me to the 122nd street exit and tried to clip me on a turn while yelling at me. I was so angry I nearly responded as stupidly as well but somehow kept it together.
    yeah, I'm looking at a 899 Panigale and a Harley Fat Boy Lo. I am also thinking of just starting out with 250cc Honda for a few months to get accustomed to the ways a riding.

That's pretty interesting about the lady in car, where are the police when you need them? Lol

Thread Information