Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 69 12345651 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

Thunder OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

There has been surprisingly little conversation here about a season that's getting ready to start. Anyone have any thoughts on the upcoming season?

Westbrook still isnt' certain about being ready for the first game.

http://newsok.com/russell-westbrook-...rticle/3887381

Default Re: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

I hope they suck!

Go Magic!

Going to all hinge on Westbrook's health...If he ain't Westbrook then I see an 8 seed in our future

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    Going to all hinge on Westbrook's health...If he ain't Westbrook then I see an 8 seed in our future
    I think he'll start the last pre-season game. The miniscus tear is the easiest to recover from. Some players, usually late career, have had the operation and returned in just a couple or weeks. Artest did this a couple of years back.

I think the Thunder are going to have another great season. Russ may not be back to start the season, but I expect him to get back to his old self sometime in the first month or so. I'm also looking forward to seeing Reggie Jackson and Jeremy Lamb play. I think they'll play key roles in how our season turns out. I know a lot of the national media types have made a big deal out of the Thunder not re-signing Kevin Martin, but I have to believe that if the Thunder were really worried about it, they would have made more of an effort to sign him or find a replacement. Since they didn't, that makes me think that they feel pretty good about the guys they already have.

63-19

64-18

I'm going with 58-24 and hoping for better. Russ' health and the improvement of Serge, Reggie, and Lamb are all key variables in my mind. I'm ready to see what we can do.

Guys...this is not a prediction thread for OU/TX

As an OSU fan...that wasn't my goal.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    I hope they suck!

Go Magic!
    Well, nobody here has to hope for the Magic to suck. We know they'll suck.

Russell had surgery on his knee again to reduce swelling. Projected to be out the first 4-6 weeks of season.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous. View Post
    Russell had surgery on his knee again to reduce swelling. Projected to be out the first 4-6 weeks of season.
    the surgery also confirmed that the mcl repair he had done this summer was 100% a success

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Blues View Post
    Well, nobody here has to hope for the Magic to suck. We know they'll suck.
    Haha, very funny!

Just bought my Magic-Thunder ticket!

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    the surgery also confirmed that the mcl repair he had done this summer was 100% a success
    Not an MCL repair. It was a meniscus repair. He did not sustain damage to any ligaments requiring surgery...only cartilage.

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    Not an MCL repair. It was a meniscus repair. He did not sustain damage to any ligaments requiring surgery...only cartilage.
    you are right thank you for the correction ... clearly that was major mistake ..

More troubling news...Really bad we don't have Harden around as another scorer

http://m.newsok.com/surgeon-says-inj...rticle/3889003

“What do they say about real estate,” Klapper continued. “Location, location, location. When we are talking about the lateral meniscus, the meniscus on the outside of your knee, versus the medial meniscus, the difference between the two is the lateral meniscus gets all the rotational pivoting when you make maneuvers. And that is Russell Westbrook’s game. It’s not just a pounding structure, it’s actually a rotatory stabilizer. So his game is absolutely going to be impacted because it’s the lateral meniscus and not the medial meniscus.”

I hate ESPN.

There is zero reason to distrust Presti when he says: "He has been pain-free and has performed at a high level during practice but has experience recent swelling that had not subsided...During the procedure it was determined that the source of swelling was due to a loose stitch, and fortunately we were able to confirm that the meniscus has healed properly."

And also: "Although we lost a little bit of time, we gained a tremendous amount of confidence in the recovery and the knee itself," Presti said.

If there was any doubt about this, Presti would not be couching this in these terms, not even the most inept front office personnel would take a lie to this extent.

Westbrook will be fine and he'll come back, be rusty, but once he knocks that off, be back to his normal self.

Hopefully OKC has learned how to play within an offensive system by that point.

Nobody should get themselves in a tizzy over what some "expert" ESPiN is pushing out there.

I am going to take the word of the doctor that actually performed the surgery over a quack on TV comparing kneecaps to pies. But if you want to FREAK OUT and proclaim the season over, by all means take some Xanax and go cry in a corner. Seriously, I think RW will be just fine.

I'm sure he will be fine as well but just how aggressive Westbrook 2.0 will be remains to be seen

And I haven't spotted anyone freaking out on here...Just some not quite as optimistic as others since my man Westbrook is not a jump shooter

I am curious if his insistence to finish the game versus Houston injured him more than if he would have stopped playing when he hit Beverly.

23. Default Re: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    I am curious if his insistence to finish the game versus Houston injured him more than if he would have stopped playing when he hit Beverly.
    It probably didn't help that he kept playing. But there most likely would have been surgery either way. If they're giving us the straight scoop the current situation is an after effect of the original surgery, not the original injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    More troubling news...Really bad we don't have Harden around as another scorer

Orthopedic surgeon says injury will impact Russell Westbrook moving forward | NewsOK.com
    He wouldn't sign the contract extension though as 13/14 million a year wasn't enough. That just means other guys have to step up and play better.

Quote Originally Posted by nighttrain12 View Post
    He wouldn't sign the contract extension though as 13/14 million a year wasn't enough. That just means other guys have to step up and play better.
    Not only that, he was able to get the 5 year contract exception from Houston, where Westbrook got our 5 year contract. It was all about the money, kind of don't blame him.

Thread Information