Widgets Magazine
Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131459 ... LastLast

Thread: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

Default Re: OKC Thunder 2013 - 2014

The Thunder does need another piece. The outside shooting needs mending. In other words, part of Martins value last year was making sure everyone had to cover all our three point shooters. This gave Durant, Sefalosha and Jackson more time to set. I don't think Lamb has the experience or the confidence to fill in with what an eight year veteran provided. There are a lot of good shooters in the $ 3-5 million dollar range.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Silliman View Post
    The Thunder does need another piece. The outside shooting needs mending. In other words, part of Martins value last year was making sure everyone had to cover all our three point shooters. This gave Durant, Sefalosha and Jackson more time to set. I don't think Lamb has the experience or the confidence to fill in with what an eight year veteran provided. There are a lot of good shooters in the $ 3-5 million dollar range.
    Totally agree Stan,

Based on the preseason exhibition games and the Orlando Summer League, we don't have any three-point marksmen identified. This team will need time to develop; therefore I wouldn't hit the panic button. There will be time for trades, based on the Thunder's previous seasons--don't get your hopes up.

Here are some important NBA dates:

Jan. 6 -- 10-day Contracts can now be signed
    Jan. 10 -- All Contracts are guaranteed for remainder of the season

Feb. 14-16 -- 2014 NBA All-Star (New Orleans, LA)
    Feb. 20 -- 2014 NBA Trade Deadline (3 p.m. ET)

March 1 -- Playoff Eligibility Waiver Deadline

April 16 -- Last Day of 2013-14 Regular Season

April 19 -- 2014 NBA Playoffs begin

May 5 -- Conference Semifinals begin (possible move-up to May 3 or 4)
    May 20 -- Conference Finals begin (possibly move-up to May 18 or 19)
    May 20 -- 2014 NBA Draft Lottery

June 5 -- The Finals begin
    June 16 -- NBA Draft Early Entry Withdrawal Deadline (5 p.m. ET)
    June 26 -- 2014 NBA Draft

I agree, but I don't think the Thunder do not want to go in the tax this year. So... they'd have to trade someone and throw in an asset (maybe a draft pick) to get anyone decent.

I would think they'll stay set this year, it's worth missing the tax-line this year.

What I would rather see than getting a guy whose presence requires more attention than your average shooter, is do at least some of what San Antonio does getting people great shots by efficient movement. It drove me insane against Minnesota how someone would pass the ball to another guy on the arc, and then everyone sat there, and no dribbling occurred. Watch sometime the 2nd unit is in, Sefolosha will get the ball at the top of the key from say Reggie or Lamb…he won't dribble and no one will move. So literally nothing is happening for 2 to 4 seconds while the defense figuring out exactly what spacing is present.

The only people who consistently move or dribble when they get the ball are Durant, Westbrook, Reggie and Fisher. Nobody on this team moves particularly well off-the-ball except for Perkins, Collison, Fisher, and Westbrook. The offense only ever initiates at one point. That is not efficient for getting less skilled player better opportunities for easy baskets.

Drew Gooden is still available on the market. It wouldn't hurt the Thunder to a look at him.

Welcome back Russ!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny_Crockett View Post
    Drew Gooden is still available on the market. It wouldn't hurt the Thunder to a look at him.
    In addition to Gooden, Daequan Cook is now available.

Shooting improved in our 107-93 win over Dallas.

I had a bad feeling going into tonight's game but the team played very well, minus the monstrosity of turnovers and bad free throw shooting. Seemed like Dallas was playing very well and for the fourth time without JR Smith. Regardless, everyone played their roles very well. I don't think Adams is going to spend any time in Tulsa this year. Ibaka needs to play like that every night to be worth his contract. Lamb looked comfortable even though he still looks nervous. That Westbrook dunk? Dayyyyyummmm!

Jr smith plays for the Knicks. Not Dallas

Blog Entries

Those feelings were on display for a different veteran point guard less than a year later when the recently-released Derek Fisher returned to Dallas wearing an Oklahoma City Thunder jersey. Cuban told Tim MacMahon of ESPN Dallas that he would “just boo (Fisher) like hopefully everybody else (will do).” Cuban, who went on to say he “was just being nice” by granting Fisher’s earlier release, said that he “shouldn’t have been surprised” that Fisher signed with the Thunder given his history, a dig at Fisher’s integrity and loyalty.--Two Man Game, March 20,02013

Cuban better off silent - ESPN, Dallas Mavericks NBA | The Two Man Game

Now with the departure of Chandler, Kidd and Fisher from the Dallas--you can't help but think that Mark Cuban should come to grips with that fact that sports teams in the Metroplex which are micromanaged by their owners (Jones, Cuban) is not a good thing.

When will these owners learn to trust the people they hire. Has their arrogance reached and all time high?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    Jr smith plays for the Knicks. Not Dallas
    Ok well someone on the Mavericks roster was suspended for the first 5 games... A difference maker.

Blog Entries

Detroit tonight?

Our quiet and powerful Maurice Cheeks will host the Thunder as the Detroit Pistons (2-2) with wins over Washington & Boston, a heart-breaking OT loss to Memphis 111-108 and undefeated Indiana 99-91.

This game willl be tough; the Palace @ Auburn Hills will have an enthusiastic crowd as the Pistons have stepped up their game.

Brandon Jennings and Chauncey Billups are new additions to their roster.

Everytime I see a game here, I can't help but think of Ron Artest...excuse me, bad fans, lol...

The Thunder may not have a guy as talented as Harden to bring off of their bench this year, but I think with the guys they have playing in their second unit they could end up being very productive. If Lamb continues to improve and Reggie gets back to playing how he was in the Playoffs last year the two of them could be very potent off of the bench at the guard position. Adams has also been very impressive in the post so far when I have been able to watch them play. With Russ back I like what I see, I think they were missing his energy on and off the court.

Speaking of Harden, here is a little reminder of his defensive performance as of late:

Quote Originally Posted by Laramie View Post
    Detroit tonight?

Our quiet and powerful Maurice Cheeks will host the Thunder as the Detroit Pistons (2-2) with wins over Washington & Boston, a heart-breaking OT loss to Memphis 111-108 and undefeated Indiana 99-91.

This game willl be tough; the Palace @ Auburn Hills will have an enthusiastic crowd as the Pistons have stepped up their game.

Brandon Jennings and Chauncey Billups are new additions to their roster.
    Don't forget Josh Smith.

So how about Steven Adams! This kid has a big future and I hope he sticks around with the Thunder for awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    So how about Steven Adams! This kid has a big future and I hope he sticks around with the Thunder for awhile!
    He is GREAT!

Adams is a great compliment to Perkins and it looks like he is going to help this team a lot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by diggyba View Post
    Steven Adams is one draft pick that we can't lose; uncork the salary CAP when this guy's contract comes up for signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Adams is a great STARTER IN LIEU OF Perkins and it looks like he is going to help this team a lot.
    Fixed it for you.

I have to admit, I am VERY pleasantly surprised by Adams' production up to this point. He always seemed to have decent body control he just always looked like he was a little slow or out of position (in college), but that has not been the case up to now.

As for Harden's defense, it was never any secret that D wasn't his strongest attribute on the court.

Adams shouldn't start, but he should get starters minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Adams is a great compliment to Perkins and it looks like he is going to help this team a lot.
    Who's Perkins ???

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    Adams shouldn't start, but he should get starters minutes
    Adams got 30 minutes last night, Perk got 16....Perk didn't score either.

Thread Information